Jeff Thomas

Brooklyn is completely right. I know nobody likes to hear negatives after a win, but Rosier was inaccurate as **** today and has been all year, he also really doesn't show great decision making or physical toughness.

He consistently throws it behind guys and puts too much air on the balls, slides at the first hint of a defender coming and doesn't seem to really ever see the middle of the field (that might be play calling.)

I am as happy as anyone that we won and are undefeated, but Rosier has to step up his game if we want to keep winning. I will say as a positive that he does not get rattled in big situations, which is obviously important.

Advertisement
To me, being undefeated and having some tremendous finishes is akin to playing with house money. Again, nobody is saying rosier is an all American. He is erratic as **** but at the same time, it’s his 6th start and he’s lead our team to 2 improbable wins. Do others get some credit? Yeah but you have to give rosier credit as well.

Brooklyn is completely right. I know nobody likes to hear negatives after a win, but Rosier was inaccurate as **** today and has been all year, he also really doesn't show great decision making or physical toughness.

He consistently throws it behind guys and puts too much air on the balls, slides at the first hint of a defender coming and doesn't seem to really ever see the middle of the field (that might be play calling.)

I am as happy as anyone that we won and are undefeated, but Rosier has to step up his game if we want to keep winning. I will say as a positive that he does not get rattled in big situations, which is obviously important.

if only we could have brad back for the first 3 quarters and malik for the 4th

Yep... I hope he truly works on his accuracy.. Dude is made plays, but he's basic.

SO Rozier throws to a blanketed Wr last week who bailed him out and this week hits the DB in the helmet and the Wr snatches it and Rozier is the guy who is clutch? Ok. Winning solves everything.

Advertisement
SO Rozier throws to a blanketed Wr last week who bailed him out and this week hits the DB in the helmet and the Wr snatches it and Rozier is the guy who is clutch? Ok. Winning solves everything.

Better to be lucky than good

if only we could have brad back for the first 3 quarters and malik for the 4th

Lol no id rather have Malik Rosier in every possession over Brad Kaaya

Winners win. Rosier is a winner wouldn't trade him for anyone in ACC right now

I think we can all agree that Malik has horrible mechanics and frankly isn't very talented... But you can't bench the most clutch QB we've had in years when he's 6-0 as a starter and his team believes in him. It just isn't feasible. So accept the fact that he's flawed and root for him, dammit.

Advertisement

Maybe the dumbasses like [MENTION=6299]nystateofmind[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5107]terdferguson[/MENTION] will read this post and figure out why they're lokking like retards with their whining about playcalling. Lulz

Rosier looks so much more comfortable when we go up-tempo and simplify his reads. He seems to struggle a bit reading the coverage while going through multiple progressions, which is understandable for a qb with limited gameday experience. I don't think it's being overly critical of our coaches if I point out that our seeming over-reliance on passes further down the field (10+ yards) only exacerbates these struggles.

He seems to get into a rhythm when we increase our tempo and he's given 1-3 quick progression reads utilizing shorter, quicker, safer passes dictated by a simplified reading of the coverage (1-2 coverage keys). In time, I think Rosier can and will get better at going through multiple progressions vs coverage but I think, right now, this is not a strength of his. We've got playmakers all over the field. I'd like to see us simplify things and allow Rosier to get them the ball as quickly and as easily as possible so they can do what they do best.

Malik Rosier is #39 in CFB in pass efficiency at 146.1

He's ahead of Sam Darnold whom is supposed to be the Heisman winner and #1 pick. Also ahead of Kelly Bryant.

Somebody just needs to convince Rosier we are down by 21 to start the game and let him ball.

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone is arguing with you guys on rosier. The point is while we are enjoying being undefeated so far and we’ve seen some remarkable guts by our team and some guys in particular, there are posters who will find anything to complain about.

Advertisement
Thread is labeled Jeff Thomas, I enter in...
... and i read a lot of complaints about Rosier.

SMH

To the mongoloid who thinks our current QB situation could not possibly be any worse, I have a counter argument: Feleipe Franks. You're whining about 5-0 and no turnovers and 300 yards. Take your meds

Felipe Frank's is not any worse 12th ham Malik rosier. He just has a far worse team... hes also not a qb on our team so not sure what that has to do with ****.

So again I ask, WHAT IS YOUR POINT IN COMPLAINING?

We all know that Rosier is very limited. We know this.

What do you want to do??

You want Richt to be the first coach in history to bench an undefeated QB in the middle of the most crucial part of the year?

We are who we are Brooklyn (strengths as a team and weaknesses as a team), either get on board or shut the fvck up.

This isn’t the NFL where you just go sign someone mid year

Jesus, the team doesn’t need you as a fan just in case you wanted to know.

Advertisement
You spamming the board isn’t gonna make Richt magically **** a QB.

All you have to do is cheer. It ain’t that hard.

We’re about to be top 10 with a limited talent at QB.

It is what it is. There’s literally nothing you can do about it.

Maybe the dumbasses like [MENTION=6299]nystateofmind[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5107]terdferguson[/MENTION] will read this post and figure out why they're lokking like retards with their whining about playcalling. Lulz

Actually this commentary makes my post about personnel usage even more spot on. But no worries, I wouldn't expect you to be able to grasp that.

To the mongoloid who thinks our current QB situation could not possibly be any worse, I have a counter argument: Feleipe Franks. You're whining about 5-0 and no turnovers and 300 yards. Take your meds

Felipe Frank's is not any worse 12th ham Malik rosier. He just has a far worse team... hes also not a qb on our team so not sure what that has to do with ****.

What? Cmon dee.... horrible take. Rosier is far better than franks....

Malik Rosier is #39 in CFB in pass efficiency at 146.1

He's ahead of Sam Darnold whom is supposed to be the Heisman winner and #1 pick. Also ahead of Kelly Bryant.

Somebody just needs to convince Rosier we are down by 21 to start the game and let him ball.

Also, #23 in Total QBR. Why in god's name would we want to roll the dice with a true freshman. Look at Clemson and FSU and what they are dealing with at QB, and how it has affected them on the field.

Advertisement
Back