Jeff Thomas must feel like...

Jordan is our second best offensive player behind DJ and our best receiver.

He shows why he was the number 1 rated tight end coming out.

Jeff opens the field for Jordan.

Jeff definitely needs to make more plays along with Wiggins, Hightower, Harley, Pope, and Mallory.

N’Kosi and Jarren have to throw better deep balls and the offensive line goes without saying.

This makes Enos cutting out the silly play calling of paramount importance. Passing games are built almost entirely on rhythm and the way Enos calls games kills rhythm.

DJ is an experienced baller. Brevin is a beast. Thomas is who he is and is limited by our problems with downfield passing. He would be a Biletnikoff finalist at Oklahoma or Bama.

Opportunities come to sporadically with the frame work Enos has created and everyone but DJ and Brevin are consistently out of sync.

With better play calling they would make more plays and develop better. They were hindered in Richt’s system and are hindered in Enos’. If they played for Leach or Riley, they would look like completely different guys.
Really? A Biletnikoff finalist lmao? Which one of Bama's receivers is he getting PT or looks over? He wouldn't see the ******* field until they were up by 35

Advertisement
No. And neither does anyone else. You pick the biggest clown show of a game in the history of UM football to hang on one guy? Nice try.
RiqxKXr.jpg

I believe he also dropped a touchdown that hit him in the chest too because a defender slightly obscured his vision.
This.

My god that was an embarrassing effort.

Watch the UVA receivers and tell me they don’t catch that 10 times out of 10.

Was at a huge time of the game as well

Really? A Biletnikoff finalist lmao? Which one of Bama's receivers is he getting PT or looks over? He wouldn't see the ******* field until they were up by 35

He would have developed in their system.

In year 3, he would be beasting.

I don’t believe he is as good as a lot of fans think he is. He’s got plenty of chances as WR, KR and PR and he is OK, but nothing special. He’s easily tackled and really does not fight much. If he had DJ Dallas mentality, he’d be all world. But he not, he’s a better version of Harley, that’s all.

He calls more fair catches than Braxton Berrios except with Berrios we’d have beat UF

Advertisement
He would have developed in their system.

In year 3, he would be beasting.
He would pouting on the bench or quit again having already been passed up by Jaylen Waddle who is a younger and far better version of the exact same kind of player. Waddle was their starting returner and #4 WR last year as a 5 star true Freshman. Plays slot just like Thomas too. And he has a whopping 15 catches this year, mostly in garbage time, because he can't get targets over their other 3 either. Would he have been developed better by their coaching? Yes, probably would have. Would he be 3rd string at best? Yep, sure would be.

Enos does not get the best players involed consistently. Brevin only had 2 catches vs uva. guys like brevin, jeff, and kj go too long without being involved and sometimes even full games.

He would pouting on the bench or quit again having already been passed up by Jaylen Waddle who is a younger and far better version of the exact same kind of player. Waddle was their starting returner and #4 WR last year as a 5 star true Freshman. Plays slot just like Thomas too. And he has a whopping 15 catches this year, mostly in garbage time, because he can't get targets over their other 3 either. Would he have been developed better by their coaching? Yes, probably would have. Would he be 3rd string at best? Yep, sure would be.

This fan base hated Cager.

Now he is the best receiver on one of the five most talented teams in the country that is a perennial playoff contender.

His offensive coordinator is still garbage but he isn’t the same guy we ran out of Coral Gables.

But people still think we have a talent problem and that the players are “soft”.

Okay, so I'm looking at this again and (unless there's another angle) I'm not seeing conclusive proof that the defender touched it. The ball only seems to change its flight when it bounces off of Jeff's chest. He did do a great job of getting initial separation from the DB so I'll give him that at least. Gotta get the ball there quicker and in a better spot....and then hope he catches it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This.

My god that was an embarrassing effort.

Watch the UVA receivers and tell me they don’t catch that 10 times out of 10.

Was at a huge time of the game as well
Once again (and hopefully for the last time), the defender got his hands on the ball and deflected it away.

Okay, so I'm looking at this again and (unless there's another angle) I'm not seeing conclusive proof that the defender touched it. The ball only seems to change its flight when it bounces off of Jeff's chest. He did do a great job of getting initial separation from the DB so I'll give him that at least. Gotta get the ball there quicker and in a better spot....and then hope he catches it.

With all due respect, I'm not sure what ur seeing. The defender clearly has it go through both of his hands and deflects it back into a surprised Thomas. Watch the DBs reaction.

See the stills below. It changes trajectory dramatically. Its already bounced off of Thomas before he clasps his hands together low because he was expecting it higher.

Screenshot_20191013-160012_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20191013-160126_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20191013-160150_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20191013-160216_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20191013-160239_Firefox.jpg

Advertisement
See the stills below. It changes trajectory dramatically. Its already bounced off of Thomas before he clasps his hands together low because he was expecting it higher.

View attachment 99325
View attachment 99326
View attachment 99327
View attachment 99328
View attachment 99329

Without this turning into the Zapruder Film, the live video looks as though it goes through both of the DB's hands and only has its flight trajectory altered when it hits Jeff's chest. IF the DB did get his hands on it, he clearly didn't deflect it in a significant manner. It certainly wasn't "batted down". And this is still me ceding that ANY deflected ball isn't an easy catch.

Once again (and hopefully for the last time), the defender got his hands on the ball and deflected it away.
Lol once again it hit him in the mother****ing chest

You guys make more excuses for Jeff Thomas than anyone I’ve seen in a while.

Telling me a 4/5 star talent shouldn’t catch these balls is belligerent

OP Very simple, Big Times Players show up for Big Time Games; now figure it out on your own. Its pretty bad when a local sports show says the Canes beat the Gators if they let him stay quit. Hope he shows up, but its been a pattern.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thomas is awesome with the ball in his hands, but it doesn't always end up in his hands due to no fault of the QB or defense. He will improve that, I'm certain.

Got to have a better ball there but I think N’kosi was under pressure if I’m not mistaken. Regardless difficult catch to make when someone in front of you making a play on the ball right in front of you. Takes a lot of concentration there to make that play imo

Got to have a better ball there but I think N’kosi was under pressure if I’m not mistaken. Regardless difficult catch to make when someone in front of you making a play on the ball right in front of you. Takes a lot of concentration there to make that play imo

I think you're right about Perry being under fire when he threw it. That's a play that could've gone a bunch of different ways from a sack to a DB making a nice play and actually picking it too.

Underthrown ball by Perry. JT has to slow down and wait for it. If he puts it out further or to the back of the end zone it’s a T.D. Bad throw by Perry

Advertisement
Back