Jeff Thomas must feel like...

Advertisement
I meant to go back and rewatch that play as you might be right. That said, if it was deflected it was also deflected right into his chest.
Deflected balls are some of the hardest balls to catch. If it was deflected. He gets a pass. He drops too many balls in my opinion. But that one wasn't on him if it was deflected.

Go Canes!!!!!

Advertisement
...a student who changed a test answer and then learns that his original choice was the correct one.

What'd he touch the ball maybe twice last game? Is there a reason why our offense doesn't feature our most explosive player by far?

I don’t believe he is as good as a lot of fans think he is. He’s got plenty of chances as WR, KR and PR and he is OK, but nothing special. He’s easily tackled and really does not fight much. If he had DJ Dallas mentality, he’d be all world. But he not, he’s a better version of Harley, that’s all.

Defender hit the ball and should have picked it.

Everyone else in the thread conveniently ignored that. I was shocked when I watched the tape. That was a simple interception and possibly could have been returned a heck of a long way.

Might have been a game changing drop by their cornerback, considering we later scored on that drive

On subsequent drives Thomas was often covered by their best corner Hall #34 including a play action toward the right sideline in which Thomas was clearly the intended target but Hall blanketed him perfectly.

After Hall went out with the injury late second quarter I have no idea what we were doing by not isolating and featuring Thomas.

Advertisement
It's a good idea to know what ur talking about when you post. Here's an interesting article from 247 Sports, albeit from before the VT game:

Here's my favorite line from the whole thing:

"According to Pro Football Focus, Thomas has not dropped a catchable pass that has been thrown his way this season."

Cool story. I said he drops the ball. I guess the muffed punt against UF was technically not a "pass thrown his way." I guess the catch against UF in the endzone off his hands was "not catchable." If we are going the non catchable route, you can excuse all of his drops so...whatever bro.

Remember when subject of OP singlehandedly lost us the UF game?

Most overrated player we’ve had other than 56 donuts.

Other teams realize what a threat he is and account for it. That opens up other receivers, meaning JT's numbers aren't stellar, but that doesn't indicate the threat he poses.

Advertisement
JT is the second coming of Stacy Coley..........doesnt ever really get open.......cant run routes very well.........drops the ball.......... He has speed.....thats it

Coley May have had a sophomore slump but he was a very productive receiver 3 out of 4 of his years at Miami and was very solid.
He was average/serviceable.......so I apologize to Coley....he was much more productive than JT

Advertisement
He was average/serviceable.......so I apologize to Coley....he was much more productive than JT
I agree But at the end of the day coley had Morris for a year and then kaaya for 3 years. Big difference from having malik rosier as your primary qb

Remember when subject of OP singlehandedly lost us the UF game?

Most overrated player we’ve had other than 56 donuts.
No. And neither does anyone else. You pick the biggest clown show of a game in the history of UM football to hang on one guy? Nice try.

Jordan wasn't targeted much for most of the game either. But when his number was called he came up with a huge play.

IDGAF what Thomas is feeling.

He's just one of 75 guys on this team who needs to make plays when he gets his opportunity. He hasn't done that this year.

Jordan is our second best offensive player behind DJ and our best receiver.

He shows why he was the number 1 rated tight end coming out.

Jeff opens the field for Jordan.

Jeff definitely needs to make more plays along with Wiggins, Hightower, Harley, Pope, and Mallory.

N’Kosi and Jarren have to throw better deep balls and the offensive line goes without saying.

This makes Enos cutting out the silly play calling of paramount importance. Passing games are built almost entirely on rhythm and the way Enos calls games kills rhythm.

DJ is an experienced baller. Brevin is a beast. Thomas is who he is and is limited by our problems with downfield passing. He would be a Biletnikoff finalist at Oklahoma or Bama.

Opportunities come to sporadically with the frame work Enos has created and everyone but DJ and Brevin are consistently out of sync.

With better play calling they would make more plays and develop better. They were hindered in Richt’s system and are hindered in Enos’. If they played for Leach or Riley, they would look like completely different guys.

Other teams realize what a threat he is and account for it. That opens up other receivers, meaning JT's numbers aren't stellar, but that doesn't indicate the threat he poses.
Good teams actively game plan around their biggest threats. They create special play packages for them to try and move them around. Isolate them. Get them the ball out in space so they can make something happen. You don't just shrug your shoulders because the other team is paying special attention to them.

Advertisement
Back