Jeff Thomas declares

Advertisement
Advertisement
There's no doubt that this was an expected move. Only time will tell if it was a bad move. The question that needs to be asked, is would he have improved his draft stock in one year, with Stubblefield as his coach? In my opinion, that answer is Absolutely Not.

Stubblefield sucks ***!

The smarter decision would have been to wait to see if Stubblefield is retained, and then declare for the draft accordingly.

I think he was a goner regardless. Some kids are not meant to be in college beyond 3 years, which is why coaches need to exploit their talent as soon as they step on campus...the days of redshirting and/or wasting talent for 2-3 years has past.

Bye, I liked his potential and always thought he was going to breakout especially when Manny brought him back. Sadly, he has wore out his welcome.

Advertisement
Bama gets a top NFL prospect WR DeVonta Smith to return for his senior year. But we lose Jeff Thomas, who in all likelihood goes somewhere in the 7th round/UDFA range.

Typical.

Smith likely isnt a top pick this year. (maybe 2nd-3rd round type) He's like 170-175 pounds soaking wet. He could be a focal for them next year and maybe move up

Bama guys live in the life of luxury....we run a prehistoric offense and guys arent getting $500 booster handshakes.

Advertisement
Regardless of what he did here and if he gets drafted, is everyone predicting him to fail going to strut dey stuf if he ends up killing it in the NFL?

Best of luck to him. Hope he has a long and glorious career. Showed some flashes. Its all between the ears for him.

How will we ever make up his momentous stats? It's going to be mighty tough to back up this year's Natty without Jeff.

1576289985588.png

Advertisement
Smith likely isnt a top pick this year. (maybe 2nd-3rd round type) He's like 170-175 pounds soaking wet. He could be a focal for them next year and maybe move up

Bama guys live in the life of luxury....we run a prehistoric offense and guys arent getting $500 booster handshakes.
I don’t disagree. But they also likely lose Tua and 2nd round money is not worth turning down for some handshakes. We have a culture problem here with guys leaving early that should stay. I really hope JT4 breaks that trend, kills it at the Combine and goes on to a Pro Bowl career. But my money is on him going undrafted in what is the deepest WR class since maybe ever.

Advertisement
Back