Jeff Thomas declares

On inside the u it's opening sentence is "the dynamic playmaker",when has he ever made a dynamic play? Just curious. Never scored on a short pass, barely got open on long passes. He is what's wrong with Miami, a kid that has all the potential in the world but trips over his own 2 feet. It's why KJ replaced him as punt returner and why he can't get more than 500 yards a season. Good luck but I'd draft kj ahead of him

Advertisement
Where did you have Gerald Willis drafted last year?
No where. Willis is nowhere near Thomas. Miami QB situation has been PURE TRASH which isnt Thomas fault. Thomas is top tier WR w/o doubt. Willis had good production but he was also 23 y/o against 17-20. He wasn’t that big either. Don’t confuse production for talent. Jeff Thomas tore LSU DBs and that alone is enough

Best of luck to the kid. We have good (maybe better) replacements.

The kid will play in the NFL, but he has a small window to not show his ***.

C48EAA03-0D5D-400B-A079-CE96F395530F.gif

Advertisement
No where. Willis is nowhere near Thomas. Miami QB situation has been PURE TRASH which isnt Thomas fault. Thomas is top tier WR w/o doubt. Willis had good production but he was also 23 y/o against 17-20. He wasn’t that big either. Don’t confuse production for talent. Jeff Thomas tore LSU DBs and that alone is enough
I’m not saying Thomas isn’t talented at all. But you’re underrating what Willis did. The nfl orgs will destroy him in interviews about quitting and this is the deepest wr in years. I’m sure he impresses at a camp if he isn’t drafted but I don’t see him getting drafted. I honestly hope I’m wrong. I don’t blame him at all for declaring.

Advertisement
6th or 7th round guy with a good combine/pro day.

He can make a team depending ont he situation.

Berrios is collecting checks as a special teams guy right now and looking good...i believe he has more talent than Berrios. But can he push through it....MOney is a motivation factor for most though. He'll clock 4.4 and someone will bite int he draft.

Advertisement
It sure was one strange and rocky ride. This is probably a good thing for all involved. I've been a critic of Jeff at times; warranted, in my opinion. But I will absolutely be pulling hard for him to make it at the next level. It's going to be an uphill climb for him, but he's got a lot of god given gifts to help get him there.

I appreciate all you have given to the program, Jeff. I'll forever be bummed you didn't get to achieve more here. Now get serious and go make a career out of it!

Last edited:
I’ll say this if he matures , gets work ethic right he has unreal talent. I’ve seen him make great college cb look like fools, his route running is a thing of beauty. He stayed wide open in Florida game but the ol or qb would let him down.

Im glad he’s gone, wasn’t good for the young players or the team , but you’re nuts if you don’t think he has unlimited potential. Coley was nowhere Close to his talent level.

He’s just a head case with work ethic issues, so he’ll go UD or very late. But could be a steal.

Advertisement
I’ll say this if he matures , gets work ethic right he has unreal talent. I’ve seen him make great college cb look like fools, his route running is a thing of beauty. He stayed wide open in Florida game but the ol or qb would let him down.

Im glad he’s gone, wasn’t good for the young players or the team , but you’re nuts if you don’t think he has unlimited potential. Coley was nowhere Close to his talent level.

He’s just a head case with work ethic issues, so he’ll go UD or very late. But could be a steal.
The dude ran past 2 lsu DBs with ease.

Great idea along with Garvin to declare for the NFL after you obliterate your draft stock with your worst statistical season here.

Advertisement
Back