Jeff Scott as OC?

Advertisement
I think Manny mentioned something about one option being tied up at the moment.

If so, it could also mean Bodie Reeder from Eastern Washington, they're playing NDSU for the FCS Championship tomorrow.

His offense is scoring 44.5 PPG, I read He's supposedly on Gundy's shortlist for OC.

Anyone but Applewhite. In the games he called against OU and FSU 90% of his passing plays are bubble screens and RB swing passes. When his receivers do run downfield it's Richtesque -- mainly go routes.

We can do much better than Applewhite.

Anyone but Applewhite. In the games he called against OU and FSU 90% of his passing plays are bubble screens and RB swing passes. When his receivers do run downfield it's Richtesque -- mainly go routes.

Agree about Applewhite but be prepared to be negged to death. "iTs bEtTeR tHaN rIcHt'S 100tH rAnKeD oFfEnSe, bRo"

Advertisement

His QB was a WR. How complex do you think the passing game was going to be?

That's Clemson's offense too

During the Cotton Bowl the announcers spoke about Scott/Dabo/Play calling. Scottcalls the plays but from time to time Dabo will give him a "I think we should do this" and Scott acquiesces. I think he made a joke about wanting to keep Dabo happy.
Love your Avatar, first timer too.

Advertisement
As much as I would like Jeff Scott, I don't think Clemson will let him go.

Elliott and Scott make $850. If we offer Scott $1.25, they don’t have to pay $400 to keep him. They have to pay twice that.

Also, he is pass game coordinator / WRC. Brandon Streeter is their QB coach. Clemson would more than likely move Streeter to pass game coordinator and QB. Then they’ll hire a WR coach.

Clemson isn’t going to break the bank to keep Jeff Scott bc of the circumstances

Also, if Scott were to remain WRC here, then it frees up a spot for QBC.

Last edited:
Being a good recruiter and good WR are noe the top qualities Manny should be looking for in an OC. I would like an OC who is, you know, a good OC.
This is the one coaching position he cannot mess up.

Advertisement

Thats because he was playing some of the best defenses in the league with a 5'11 170 pound QB. The level of understanding in this board...

so who's actually available? Hearing a lot of rumors and speculation and all kinds of names being thrown around. In the end it is who is on Manny's actual list based on mutual interest. You are going to have to trust El Jefe on this one, whoever it is.

Advertisement
Patience guys. Even Manny said he's more concerned with getting it right than getting it done quickly. Everyone is just throwing names right now. I am on here all the time too but lets be real it will happen soon enough. And when it does then we can voice our opinions.

View attachment 74645

Scott started his coaching career as the head football coach for Blythewood High School in Blythewood, South Carolina in 2006. He won a state title in his first and only year. This was Blythewood's football program's inaugural year as well. It is believed to be the first time in South Carolina high school football history that a first year head football coach led his program to a state title in its first year of fielding a team.

It also makes sense in the fact that Manny wants a separate QBC and OC. Scott coaches WR.

Diaz is playing for keeps and pulling a Belichick level move if he lands Scott. Diaz wants to win the acc and get in playoffs next year but knows he has to go though Clemson. What to do? Weaken them by hiring their OC (one of them). Now you know their offense, and he has a year to gameplan for them. Diaz reads Sun Tzu. He understands the strategy. I add still prefer Bedenbaugh most, but I see where he is going (if true) with it. Might be smart to have him as Co-OC with Lieutenant Applesauce though.

Does he really read Sun Tzu? One of my favorite books.

Advertisement
Back