Jeff Scott as OC?

Advertisement
He just got a raise to 850k from 650k in 16 and 800k in 17. He not getting a raise over Elliot who is paid the same as him.
****,that's good money for not calling plays. But he does recruit like a beast, so I guess that's not crazy

****,that's good money for not calling plays. But he does recruit like a beast, so I guess that's not crazy
Yeah when I read it I was like wait each dude makes 850k? Dayum

Scott and Elliott, who each made $625,000 in 2016 and $800,000 in 2017, have now been bumped up to $850,000 for 2018.Feb 8, 2018

Clemson keeps doing this. Oc leaves then they promote the oc with no experience but has been waiting for his moment . Then promote another guy to the other co oc spot. Rinse , repeat. They’ve all been in the scheme and know it well.

He’s been in the coaching game for awhile and it’s his time. Other programs take these chances and win,I’d much rather take his ceiling vs the other guys mentioned. But that’s just me, I love that o in sfla.

If manny is willing to risk his ***, and dream job on him then I’m ok. It’s mannys career.
Preach! People wonder why they gave Bama that work with some of Bamas best defenses ever its because that scheme is to me the most well designed in the country and one of very few that doesn't stay stagnant they modify it to attack the other teams weakness and that is hard as **** to do I don't care what anybody says

Yeah when I read it I was like wait each dude makes 850k? Dayum

Scott and Elliott, who each made $625,000 in 2016 and $800,000 in 2017, have now been bumped up to $850,000 for 2018.Feb 8, 2018
You see the wrs he has in the league and those freshmen monsters he has now? Id pay that too

Advertisement
South fla will eat that good ole boy alive! He needs to have some flava and he’s straight vanilla! Can’t see him there? Open to anything to get that Clemson stank on us cuz it’s been a sweet aroma for the last decade...

Advertisement
Clemson keeps doing this. Oc leaves then they promote the oc with no experience but has been waiting for his moment . Then promote another guy to the other co oc spot. Rinse , repeat. They’ve all been in the scheme and know it well.

He’s been in the coaching game for awhile and it’s his time. Other programs take these chances and win,I’d much rather take his ceiling vs the other guys mentioned. But that’s just me, I love that o in sfla.

If manny is willing to risk his ***, and dream job on him then I’m ok. It’s mannys career.

Yes. They’ll groom Brandon Streeter(QBC) next

Good question, seemed like he wanted an administrative job but then left for lower level position at a lower level school and it wasn't like Butch wasn't successful. He either got the itch back big time or as another poster below said, wants to live in the Carolinas

Possibly. But he is from Orinda, California. He may e rural are
I wonder if all this hesitation by the OC candidates is due to our QB situation.

Any OC gotta be wondering do we even have a QB to run a decent offense.

We all think Jarren is that guy but most everyone thought this about Perry.

Just wondering.

Thought I read someone mention that Applewhite was high on Jarren and was recruiting him?

Scott would be a decent hire. But if you’re justifying his hire for calling a simple rub route against a team that plays man to man 90% of critical snaps.. good Lord some or y’all need help. A 12 year old could figure that out.

Advertisement
Miami has had one first time playcaller in the last 15 years. Coley. We’ve failed plenty with guys “who have called plays before”
Jedd Fisch never called plays before he got here as OC/QB coach. He did pretty well, no?

Advertisement
Clemson will try hard to keep him if all this is true. But at the same time if they bump his pay to keep him they gotta bump elliots pay also. And this guy comes here and is the OC and WR coach we gotta get a good OL and QB coach. Those are the 2 most important positions on the team to coach. Will Scott be able to find good ones in short order?

Advertisement
Back