Jeff Scott as OC?

Advertisement
you sold me on hiring him as a WR coach...
Josh Gattis bama co oc and receivers coach is an intriguing name. He was penn state prior and has their receivers playing really well. Elite recruiter

Dabo is a former wr coach , he’s never coordinated anything. He has an oc, then another co oc that doesn’t call plays. Learn on the job then takes over after the oc leaves. Rinse repeat, pretty much keep the same scheme.

That’s how a ceo runs a show , let guys learn under somebody then get their chance.

Jeff Scott would be a MUCH better hire than Applewhite. He also coaches Clemson's WRs who perform at an elite level. He also recruits WRs at an elite level. He was also Clemson's recruiting coordinator for 6 years. He's an elite recruiter.

Aside from him not calling plays, I want a guy who's run recruiting from one of these big bag game schools. If we're going to play with and beat the best, we need to learn from them how to play their game. We need as many coaches as possible that have spent significant time at Clem$on and Baga.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Been hearing that name for some time now. Would make sense but we would need to offer quite an attractive package to draw a Clemson guy through and through (played and coached there). Also, quite a huge leap to move family from Clemson to CG.

If so, it could also mean Bodie Reeder from Eastern Washington, they're playing NDSU for the FCS Championship tomorrow.

His offense is scoring 44.5 PPG, I read He's supposedly on Gundy's shortlist for OC.

CRAZY good offense! Scoring machine

Josh Gattis bama co oc and receivers coach is an intriguing name. He was penn state prior and has their receivers playing really well. Elite recruiter
i want an OC that develops and calls the plays..

Advertisement
Been hearing that name for some time now. Would make sense but we would need to offer quite an attractive package to draw a Clemson guy through and through (played and coached there). Also, quite a huge leap to move family from Clemson to CG.

Not such a big leap - there ARE places in CG where you can get chicken salad and mayonnaise sandwiches on white bread with the crust removed.

Advertisement
Thats because he was playing some of the best defenses in the league with a 5'11 170 pound QB. The level of understanding in this board...
Don't you know? When you're playing a run-first, converted wide receiver at QB, you should call the game like you would for Aaron Rodgers.

Lol at people *****ing about this. He's been heavily involved in Clemson's offense for 6 years and you are worried he never called plays. If James Coley can figure it out semi competently, this guy can and will. This would be a huge pick up at Manny.

but Coley didn't and couldn't figure it out. other than his scripted plays, he could never improvise, he could never out-wit anyone, he could never react/adapt and he called the Yearby Halfback Option in the Snow with Gloves.

Advertisement
Back