Jeff Scott as OC?

Hmm sounds like wifey is country ride ur die for hur Mahn.

He is a **** talking country boi I like it.

Advertisement
Love the concept.....and I'm by no means sold on Applewhite.....but that guy doesn't sound like a Miami fit, lol

Advertisement
Wouldn't this be his first time calling plays. Not going to lie I would like someone with some experience but I guess there is a reason he is Co oc

Don't you know? When you're playing a run-first, converted wide receiver at QB, you should call the game like you would for Aaron Rodgers.

You don't find it alarming that Richt with Rosier had more play calls than Applewhite had with Ward?

Listen, I get that OU and FSU had the more talented teams and he most likely was adjusting to that, but it was extremely limited and basic play calling with a QB he had for 2 years. Also, those wins were fluke type wins if you look at it and had much more to do with the ST and defense than the offense. And for a guy whose best years at OC were those 2 years, I'd expect to see more to make him the hire. Probably the reason were seeing that he's not the automatic choice after Fedora.

Elliott and Scott make $850. If we offer Scott $1.25, they don’t have to pay $400 to keep him. They have to pay twice that.

Also, he is pass game coordinator / WRC. Brandon Streeter is their QB coach. Clemson would more than likely move Streeter to pass game coordinator and QB. Then they’ll hire a WR coach.

Clemson isn’t going to break the bank to keep Jeff Scott bc of the circumstances

Also, if Scott were to remain WRC here, then it frees up a spot for QBC.

FIFY ( as QBC)
usatsi_10395973.jpg

Go Canes

Advertisement
Idk if this is a legit rumor or why this was locked but Scott would br an outstanding hire. The way Clemson's offense for year has played up tempo but with their own pace, using the playmakers to their best ability in whatever way needed to attack the defenses since Tahj Boyd was their qb has always intrigued me not to mention how he recruits monsters here like it's nothing

Love the concept.....and I'm by no means sold on Applewhite.....but that guy doesn't sound like a Miami fit, lol
He fits on a winning staff, and I believe that is what we all want. Would you swap our staff with Bama's, even though most of them aren't "Miami fits"? I would.

Elliott and Scott make $850. If we offer Scott $1.25, they don’t have to pay $400 to keep him. They have to pay twice that.

Also, he is pass game coordinator / WRC. Brandon Streeter is their QB coach. Clemson would more than likely move Streeter to pass game coordinator and QB. Then they’ll hire a WR coach.

Clemson isn’t going to break the bank to keep Jeff Scott bc of the circumstances

Also, if Scott were to remain WRC here, then it frees up a spot for QBC.

I think we can get Jeff Scott for $1MM because at this point it would be more about the opportunity to branch out on his own without a Co-OC or a HC overriding his play selection.

Also South Carolina has a 7% state income tax, so it is effectively close to 100k back in his pocket if he moved to miami.

Link to SC taxes
https://dor.sc.gov/tax/individual-income

Link to article on his salary progression
https://www.postandcourier.com/spor...cle_99c19762-0cdc-11e8-b775-670de12cc84a.html

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have a really hard time believing this guy is a legit candidate based on where he is and the home (wife) he has established at Clemson

It's a chance to advance his career. I'm sure he has desires to run an offense himself one day. Maybe even become a HC one day? Staying at Clemson where he's comfortable probably won't get him to those goals.

Advertisement
It's a chance to advance his career. I'm sure he has desires to run an offense himself one day. Maybe even become a HC one day? Staying at Clemson where he's comfortable probably won't get him to those goals.

That’s fair and plausible - I would be surprised. Hopefully it is true and that he is in the mix. The guy has certainly been a star recruiter and has certainly been a part of building up the talent pool at Clemson.

Advertisement
Back