Jeff Scott as OC?

that makes me wonder why Butch did not have him at least as a QB coach when he was working at FIU?
Good question, seemed like he wanted an administrative job but then left for lower level position at a lower level school and it wasn't like Butch wasn't successful. He either got the itch back big time or as another poster below said, wants to live in the Carolinas

Advertisement
He was in the athletic director's office at FIU not sure why he wasn't an offensive coach.

that is what I am saying. I don't think FIU even has a qb coach and Butch has quite a few ex-players as coaches. Just an observation.

Jeff Scott would be a MUCH better hire than Applewhite. He also coaches Clemson's WRs who perform at an elite level. He also recruits WRs at an elite level. He was also Clemson's recruiting coordinator for 6 years. He's an elite recruiter.
But does he recruit well?

Jeff Scott would be a MUCH better hire than Applewhite. He also coaches Clemson's WRs who perform at an elite level. He also recruits WRs at an elite level. He was also Clemson's recruiting coordinator for 6 years. He's an elite recruiter.
I don't want to get excited and left at the alter again! Stop it!

Advertisement
i disagree. There has to be a reason he left associate AD of FIU for a "O- assistant" at "app state"... I'm thinking he and his wife really loved the carolina's when he was with the panthers and wanted to move back... he was with his "boy" butch with a higher title job at FIU and probably higher pay.... his move to app state makes no sense unless he just really wanted to get back to the area.....

This!

I live in Charlotte and have a friend who is close with the Dorsey family (wives are very close friends). They love NC and he was not excited to go back to SoFla, but needed to work. I'm not surprised he is on his way back to NC. He also prefers to coach which was another reason why he left FIU.

Advertisement
Hmm sounds like wifey is country ride ur die for hur Mahn.

He is a **** talking country boi I like it.

Scott would be a good hire imo… but what's with the Bill's cap... hope it's cause he loves Kelly as much as we do.

You guys are in denial. Setting yourself up for disappointment if you think these Jeff Scott rumors are real IMO. The rumor started on another ‘Canes messageboard when a poster said his 80 year old grandpa told him there is another OC candidate Miami is waiting on.
I agree it's probably BS but as I reponded to you in the other thread, it was specifically mentioned as Clemson's Co-OCs, not just someone else. That's where Scott is coming from

Advertisement
He was in the athletic director's office at FIU not sure why he wasn't an offensive coach.

No space.
Also, Shula was fired from panthers along w Dorsey after NFL season, so late to find college gig anywhere for that matter.

Not so far fetched. Logically I thought he would be one of the candidates per Manny saying there's outside factors involved in when certain guys are able to talk. He may very well be interested in spreading his wings and getting out of the shadows of his co-oc.

No space.
Also, Shula was fired from panthers along w Dorsey after NFL season, so late to find college gig anywhere for that matter.
I would think being fired at the beginning of January would give him time to find something, but maybe not. It was a big story here in Charlotte when he was let go as Cam said he loved working with him and attributed a lot of his MVP season to Ken's teaching. People thought they would keep him, but Rivera trying to save his sorry *** coaching dumped him and Shula.

Advertisement
You guys are in denial. Setting yourself up for disappointment if you think these Jeff Scott rumors are real IMO. The rumor started on another ‘Canes messageboard when a poster said his 80 year old grandpa told him there is another OC candidate Miami is waiting on.

No you dumb f*ck the speculation started when Manny Diaz said one of his choices has a prior commitment i.e. championship game.

Okay thank you for that, so now it should be David Yost for OC or Bust.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back