Jeff Scott as OC?

Advertisement
The guy who has never ran his own offense or called plays is suddenly a better hire than either of the two guys we were considering that have just because he's had Dabo's baby juice on his face at some point? This fan base, man...
Jeff Scott is definitely a stud I just havent researched him because I dont see a chance of Clamson letting him go with what he has done with the WRs

If he was an option, then he would be the OC/WR coach. Great recruiter and developer at the position. This hire would leave the QB, RB, OL, and TE position to hire for.

I like the way this sounds... will it cost more than applewhite?

This is a good point. We need to expand our recruiting footprint, in a bad way. Whomever we hire, they need to open up a new recruiting field, because we need players badly. NOT just SFLA players.
Scott is a better recruiter. Applewhite is more experienced coach.

Advertisement
The guy who has never ran his own offense or called plays is suddenly a better hire than either of the two guys we were considering that have just because he's had Dabo's baby juice on his face at some point? This fan base, man...

He's an ELITE recruiter. He's an ELITE WR coach. He's spend nearly his entire career in the 2nd most elite football program in America. He learned under Chad Morris. Clemson's offense is his offense too. He just doesn't call plays, which is a very small part of being an OC and probably the easiest part.

Advertisement
this was the guy I thought Richt would go after at one point since his past connections with daddy (Brad Scott was OC at FSU/ while Richt was qb coach).

Still would prefer Apples due to overall experience.

Advertisement
Diaz is playing for keeps and pulling a Belichick level move if he lands Scott. Diaz wants to win the acc and get in playoffs next year but knows he has to go though Clemson. What to do? Weaken them by hiring their OC (one of them). Now you know their offense, and he has a year to gameplan for them. Diaz reads Sun Tzu. He understands the strategy. I add still prefer Bedenbaugh most, but I see where he is going (if true) with it. Might be smart to have him as Co-OC with Lieutenant Applesauce though.

That's sports message boards. 95% don't use logic.

Great recruiter. Huge risk at OC. I'm indifferent.

Now this is a splash hire that can fire up next season and really kill it on the trail for that 2020 recruiting class!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back