JC Jackson arrested for armed robbery, T Valentine suspended

I wish they would have came here but, hate to see these young men run afoul of the law and academically. Its like some AA young males lack the ability to adapt to new surroundings. They bring that ghetto, thug, inability to rationalize proper behavior to an institution of higher "learning". They don't have the ability to disassociate themselves from their idiot thug friends, change their appearance (to fit a professional/collegiate environment) or practice proper grammar. The primary problem is many of them don't self recognize these "disabilities" or accept it when someone tells them of their short comings.

Isn't that a bit of a racist based generalization? "proper behavior [at] an institution of higher "learning" does not require an "AA male" to "change [his] appearance (to fit a professional/collegiate environment) or practice proper grammar," any more than a kid from South Carolina is required to lose his 'southern drawl' and/or cut his shoulder length hair when he enrolls at Yale. Ya'll dig what I mean?
The concept of 'diversity' does not require 'conformity'.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If I'm not mistaken, armed robbery and kidnaping come with a minimum mandatory sentence.

This kid is ****ed.

I wish they would have came here but, hate to see these young men run afoul of the law and academically. Its like some AA young males lack the ability to adapt to new surroundings. They bring that ghetto, thug, inability to rationalize proper behavior to an institution of higher "learning". They don't have the ability to disassociate themselves from their idiot thug friends, change their appearance (to fit a professional/collegiate environment) or practice proper grammar. The primary problem is many of them don't self recognize these "disabilities" or accept it when someone tells them of their short comings.

Isn't that a bit of a raceist based generalization? "proper behavior [at] an institution of higher "learning" does not require an "AA male" to "change [his] appearance (to fit a professional/collegiate environment) or practice proper grammar," any more than a kid from South Carolina is required to lose his 'southern drawl' and/or cut his shoulder length hair when he enrolls at Yale. Ya'll dig what I mean?

Are you saying that it's ok for him to keep behaving the way he was behaving in an environment that did not necessitate that type of behavior?

This is what it looks like you're saying, which is a long winded way of calling anyone that conforms a sell-out or a cornball.

Isn't that a bit of a raceist based generalization? "proper behavior [at] an institution of higher "learning" does not require an "AA male" to "change [his] appearance (to fit a professional/collegiate environment) or practice proper grammar," any more than a kid from South Carolina is required to lose his 'southern drawl' and/or cut his shoulder length hair when he enrolls at Yale. Ya'll dig what I mean?

Are you saying that it's ok for him to keep behaving the way he was behaving in an environment that did not necessitate that type of behavior?

This is what it looks like you're saying, which is a long winded way of calling anyone that conforms a sell-out or a cornball.

That is clearly not what I said! My 'long winded (sic) comment did not refer to "him", either. It referred to your racist generalization of "AA young males."

Advertisement

So what is your "I'm not a sociologist but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night" analysis of why middle and upper class white students also commit crimes on college campuses? Do Cody and Preston from out in the suburbs not possess the ability to rationalize proper behavior either?

My generalization?

Before you start throwing out the race card here, why don't you try to coherently state your point regarding conformity.

And newsflash sir, ALL OF US need to conform in certain ways to "fit into" our environments. A minimal amount of confirmity does not mean one loses their individuality.

The same way cops shouldn't dress and pretend to be soldiers, the same way kids like JC Jackson need to change their behavior to more conform their surroundings.

Most of these kids will always be the same no matter where they go
I agree... you can take the kid out of the street but you can never take the street out of the kid... but I still believe everyone deserves a second chance... sad thing with alot of the kids in the black community these kids go without guidance and direction they learn from the streets vicariously...

Setting up some harmless, pot smoking, video game playing college student,who knows you and can identify you very easily, ain't exactly "street" unless the street to which you're referring is called Retardo Lane. Kid's got the street smarts of a run over possum.

Advertisement
My generalization?

Before you start throwing out the race card here, why don't you try to coherently state your point regarding conformity.

And newsflash sir, ALL OF US need to conform in certain ways to "fit into" our environments. A minimal amount of confirmity does not mean one loses their individuality.

The same way cops shouldn't dress and pretend to be soldiers, the same way kids like JC Jackson need to change their behavior to more conform their surroundings.

Yes sir we do. As much as i would prefer to wear my jeans, sneakers and a baseball hat to work and curse like a sailor when i'm ****ed, i have to wear dress paints, shoes, and a button down shirt and speak well articulated sentences with proper grammar. That is the way of the world. Many of us understand it, accept it, and respect it because we see the overall benefit. You can still be an individual without being an outlaw.

Jackson is not from South Florida...

What? These kids leave south florida and continue to find trouble. These schools like uf breed a culture of being able to do what you want if you play football.

Advertisement
What? These kids leave south florida and continue to find trouble. These schools like uf breed a culture of being able to do what you want if you play football.

That would possibly make sense if they hadn't had dozens of arrests in the last decade. Considering that, it would suggest exactly the opposite....just because you're on the football team don't think you can get away with everything. Their local police obviously don't give a crap about their ties to the football program.

Advertisement

That is clearly not what I said! My 'long winded (sic) comment did not refer to "him", either. It referred to your racist generalization of "AA young males."

Maybe if they weren't committing boat loads of crime then people would stop the generalizations you speak of. Young Black males are the most disliked group of people in this country and like it or not, it's a well deserved title. Personal responsibility isn't high on their list.

Last edited:

Maybe if they weren't committing boat loads of crime then people would stop the generalizations you speak of. Young Black males are the most disliked group of people in this country and like it or not, it's a well deserved title. Personnel responsibility isn't high on their list.

Thank you for stepping forward. We now know a second resident racist on the board. Not meant as a personal attack, merely an observation.

Maybe if they weren't committing boat loads of crime then people would stop the generalizations you speak of. Young Black males are the most disliked group of people in this country and like it or not, it's a well deserved title. Personnel responsibility isn't high on their list.

Thank you for stepping forward. We now know a second resident racist on the board. Not meant as a personal attack, merely an observation.

It doesn't mean anything to me to be called a racist. I have backbone man. I love the default and deflect racist verbiage. It's the way to go when one can't argue against what I said. Young black males have become a complete disaster and people like you are their crutch and wonderful enabler by deflecting for their behavior as a group.

Advertisement
Back