JC Jackson arrested for armed robbery, T Valentine suspended

Advertisement
As I youth basketball coach I endorse this message - a lot of smart here.

Macho how come your team only wins one game per year?

You been sayin' this joke for like 3 years now and I don't understand where it comes from. Last time you said this dumb **** we went 7-3.

You gotta come up with some new material bro. The truth hurts more. Dig up some factual **** then get back to me.

Name some players that you personally developed into FBS athletes...

Well I've always coached at schools that didn't have FBS talent. I can't turn a 5'7" 185lb Linebacker into an FBS athlete no matter how good my coaching is. My job is to field a competent defense, not develop guys for the FBS.

Hopefully you don't think that the guys who send the most kids to FBS are the best coaches. LOL. Any coach can send Calvin Ridley to a BCS school.

If a kid has the physical tools to play FBS football and you're coaching him properly on the high school level then development happens by default.

Talk to me about what my kids do ON THE HIGH SCHOOL FIELD. That's a more accurate reflection of coaching.

*I couldn't turn my 5'7" 185lb Linebacker into an FBS athlete but I'd like to think I at least had a part in him registering 100 tackles his Senior season.
*I couldn't turn my 6'0" 190lb Defensive End into an FBS athlete but I'd like to think I at least had a part in him registering 10+ sacks his Junior and Senior season.
*I couldn't turn my 5'7" 150lb Corner into an FBS athlete but I'd like to think I at least had a part in him registering 8 interceptions his Senior year, especially considering the fact that his nickname was "bomb squad" and "toast" before I got there and became his DC.
*I couldn't turn my 6'1" 210lb Defensive End into an FBS athlete but I'd like to think I at least had a part in him registering 13 sacks his Junior year followed by 10 his Senior year.
*This past season I had a 6'3" 215lb kid who played back-up Defensive End the year before I got there. I stepped on campus and moved him to Sam Linebacker and he had the best season of his career and signed a scholarship offer to Alcorn State. I doubt he still gets that offer if he's an undersized DE.

See where I'm going?

Sending kids to FBS isn't a reflection of coaching. But since you asked...

*Wade Freebeck was developed by us before transferring to STA his Senior year. He received a UF offer under us. He's at Vanderbilt now.
*Fabian Moreau was developed by us. He's now a three year starter at UCLA.
*Gavin Ricketts was personally developed by me. He's a three year starting Defensive Tackle at Western Illinois.
*Juwan Dowels was developed by us. He led the county in INT's two years in a row and transferred to American Heritage where he won Broward County DPOY and led the state in INT's with 10. He received offers from Oklahoma, TAMU, Clemson, Cincy, etc...and is now at Syracuse.
*Jon Feliciano. We all know where he's at right now.
*Adrienne Talan was personally developed by me. That's my son. For the past 3 seasons he's been (arguably) the most explosive defensive player in Broward County. He received offers from TCU, Pitt, MSU, Oregon State, etc...and is headed to Nebraska.
*Russell Laughton-James was developed by us before transferring to American Heritage. He's now playing O-line at West Virginia.
*Tevin Allen was developed by us before transferring to STA. He is now playing Safety at Illinois State.
*Andrew Harris was developed by us and is now a starting Safety at Penn. (Ivy League ball)

Then we have a bunch of others kid that are playing small school ball.

Those are the only college level kids we've (I've) had. We're lucky if we have one per year. Some of those kids transferred to other schools when there was a head coaching change.

One thing about our/my kids is...they get to college and they PLAY. Our kids don't sit the bench in college. They already know the game when they get there and they're already familiar with complex schemes so their learning curve is different from most kids. That is a reflection of coaching, not whether the kid gets offers or not. The colleges offer athletes whether they were coached well in high school or not.

Talk to me about what my kids do on THIS level. Talk to me about the defensive rankings within Broward County. Talk to me about the kid's character and his grades. Anything else beyond that is out of my control. My job is to give these kids the best HIGH SCHOOL EXPERIENCE I can and hope that I can lead him to the right path, whether it be college football or freakin' auto mechanic.

Advertisement
Crazy, the 3 biggest prospects i felt we "missed on" during that 2014 class was JC Jackson (Legal Troubles) , Valentine(Academic Troubles), and Bo Scarborough (Injuries) you just never know.

Please. We've missed out on dozens of South Florida prospects since Golden's been here. Dade County High School coaches think he's a clown.

No thinking to it.

Golden is a clown.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back