Jarrid Williams part Tres

Advertisement
Newturd doesn’t know jack except he’s not going to FSU....duh. Miami has always been the favorite , the leader or whatever else you want to call it. If he wanted Baylor he’d already chosen them , he waited for Miami and is waiting again for them to get him in.

Everyone is optimistic because he wants Miami and it’s not exactly a secret, it’s a matter of getting him in.

Like I said he’d be at Baylor if that’s what he wanted, grad transfers don’t wait over a month to “ make a decision”. If he goes to Baylor it’s because they couldn’t make it work. I’ve actually been saying this for awhile now. No need to make fake updates.

Absolute truth.

The news here from him is he could announce for miami tomorrow.

On a Saturday? When the entire hold-up is grad school admission?

Bold prediction. I hope it's right, but next week seems more likely.

You don't need elite talent to win the coastal...

The offensive scheme we'll be running can take a questionable/average player & make him productive.

No one is arguing we're going undefeated, but adding Jarrid plugs a whole at OT which gives us the best chance to win the Coastal than any other team in the division.

Va Tech, UVA, UNC or Pitt do not have elite talent either, therefore all things being equal we have enough talent to beat all of them. Whether we will or won't remains to be seen, but no one can make a good faith argument that those teams are better than us at any other spot besides WR & that's due to our guys having not played yet in our offense.
Who do you think we lose to if we do land Jarrid vs. if we don’t???

Advertisement
Disagree. From my perspective and from what I’ve seen, neither logic or common sense lead to the sole conclusion that it’s an admissions issue,

You say there’s no holdup for Williams to announce to Baylor. Although I would defer to Baylor and the kid to know if that is correct,I will agree with you for this discussion. There’s equally no holdup, hurdle or anything unique that I’ve seen, which would prevent him from announcing to Miami, just like other out of state grad transfers have done, including as some recent examples Roche, Kennedy, and Hill. King even transferred here from the same school without any of the fanfare or hurdles people are saying now exist for Williams. We often see football graduate transfers occur. Haven’t though seen anything special as to Williams situation that would require delayIng that process. Hence the questions in my original post above.

As far as his decision deadline being extended, even if that’s the case and it’s not just In whole or in part a third party speculating as to when he will decide (recall that for about a week or so people were posting on this board that he would decide “tomorrow”), to me and without any information saying so, it’s an unjustified leap to assume and conclude that’s because of dotting a t or crossing an I. There have been other student athletes that have delayed these types of decisions. Doesn’t happen all the time but Its not uncommon. Could be an admissions issue but there could also be many reasons involved; maybe he’s genuinely torn, maybe he’s debating staying closer to home, maybe he’s having second thoughts, maybe he just wants more time. (Read somewhere that at one point FSU thought they had a shot.) Without seeing any comments directly from Williams or directly from UM who knows. Another reason for my questions above.

Also don’t see it as a given that transferring from Houston to Baylor is easier and quicker than transferring to Miami just because Baylor and Houston are in the same state. That would depend on several factors including each of these private school’s admission requirements (regardless of their location) and what that school considers in the process, including also as to athletic scholarships. Maybe there’s some distinction that applies to Williams but not King, although I haven’t seen it.

Also consider that coincidentally, your post just after mine with the “update” Post # 66 from the Baylor sportswriter states among other things that Williams Is still in the decision making process, despite reports that he committed to Miami and that Baylor is still pursuing him.

You said a lot of words that indicate that you simply haven't read the prior threads.

Because we are out of 2020-2021 IC slots, we are trying to get Jarrid in via blueshirt. This requires that Jarrid NOT sign an LOI (until a day after fall camp starts) and NOT be recruited.

The REASON that athletes get into schools, when they otherwise would probably not have the grades/test scores to be admitted is because they have a signed contract guaranteeing full tuition. Without that LOI, athletes are, essentially, like every other applicant to school.

If you can't "see the difference" between Jarrid having to apply to UM grad school like any other person, versus having a committable LOI at Baylor and a red carpet rollout, then you are just not listening or reading what has been written.

Nelson will have folks eating crow his redshirt junior year, maybe 2021 if it comes together.

I don’t think it’s a contradiction to believe all of the below:

1. Barry and Searels screwed the pooch in recruiting and forced us to take an underdeveloped Nelson when all other options committed elsewhere

2. Nelson was atrocious as a starter and the fact he beat out several more highly touted OL above him is damning evidence those players and the offensive coaches failed the team.

3. Nelson has the potential to be a decent to good starter in his third or fourth year as a player.

... the kid was always going to be a project. I would have had no problem with that in a class of four other talented and more plug and play recruits or a loaded two deep. We just didn’t have that. Hence the frustration. I still think he could be a decent starter before he leaves

I don’t think it’s a contradiction to believe all of the below:

1. Barry and Searels screwed the pooch in recruiting and forced us to take an underdeveloped Nelson when all other options committed elsewhere

2. Nelson was atrocious as a starter and the fact he beat out several more highly touted OL above him is damning evidence those players and the offensive coaches failed the team.

3. Nelson has the potential to be a decent to good starter in his third or fourth year as a player.

... the kid was always going to be a project. I would have had no problem with that in a class of four other talented and more plug and play recruits or a loaded two deep. We just didn’t have that. Hence the frustration. I still think he could be a decent starter before he leaves
Zion Nelson just may be the Robert Knowles of offensive linemen.

Advertisement
Zion Nelson just may be the Robert Knowles of offensive linemen.
I don’t agree with that statement. Zion tbh with coaching and 2 years of polishing can be an All-ACC caliber linemen he was pushed into starting at Lt as a true frosh. How many kids can actually do that out of high school and ur gonna bash him not his fault our coaching last year was the worst in D1 ball

I don’t agree with that statement. Zion tbh with coaching and 2 years of polishing can be an All-ACC caliber linemen he was pushed into starting at Lt as a true frosh. How many kids can actually do that out of high school and ur gonna bash him not his fault our coaching last year was the worst in D1 ball

You’re asking too much. Maybe he gets there. But he was one of the worst starters in all of BCS football if not the worst. Just getting to 50% bracket would be a major accomplishment and more than enough to justify the flyer on him. Projecting any higher is setting expectations too high IMHO.

He may never get the chance if Justice is the guy I believe him to be. Walker should lock down one tackle spot. And Campbell has two more years. I”m hoping either Washington or McLaughlin or both develop into the players I think they can be.

Last edited:
Advertisement
hahahaha what? This dude is going to make this offense full throttle?

this offense still has an average center, average guards and then Scaife on the line.

average WR with none of them showing they are elite. Solid RB but no superstar. Brevin is the only guy on our offense that will be drafted in the first 3 rounds in the NFL. This team still lacks elite talent.
This team doesn't need elite talent to improve. Merely competent talent on the OL and competent coaching will get us where we need to be and buy us time for the younger ones to develop.

Last edited:
You said a lot of words that indicate that you simply haven't read the prior threads.

Because we are out of 2020-2021 IC slots, we are trying to get Jarrid in via blueshirt. This requires that Jarrid NOT sign an LOI (until a day after fall camp starts) and NOT be recruited.

The REASON that athletes get into schools, when they otherwise would probably not have the grades/test scores to be admitted is because they have a signed contract guaranteeing full tuition. Without that LOI, athletes are, essentially, like every other applicant to school.

If you can't "see the difference" between Jarrid having to apply to UM grad school like any other person, versus having a committable LOI at Baylor and a red carpet rollout, then you are just not listening or reading what has been written.

Exactly.

Advertisement
Just shirt Zion like we were supposed to last year. Let him get his body used to the weight and improve his technique.

Kid was overwhelmed but never backed down.

He will have folks eating crow his redshirt junior year, maybe 2021 if it comes together.
He’s trash. Never should of been recruited here. 2021 will be Campbell and Walker

Advertisement
Back