Jarrid Williams part Tres

hahahaha what? This dude is going to make this offense full throttle?

this offense still has an average center, average guards and then Scaife on the line.

average WR with none of them showing they are elite. Solid RB but no superstar. Brevin is the only guy on our offense that will be drafted in the first 3 rounds in the NFL. This team still lacks elite talent.
The offense is stacked everywhere outside of o-line so yes, this is huge. The receivers are a question mark but there's plenty of talent.

Also, the offense won't have to try to overcome Enos (worst offensive coordinator ever). Lashlee won't make them block for 4 hours per play and will scheme to help them and not **** them over.

Advertisement
Adding this kid and Scaife at the other T solidifies our line in my mind to at least P5 average. Studies show that terrible (bottom 10%) OL performance is far more hurtful than great (top 10%) OL performance helps. The point is, just try to get five OL who are average at the same time and you will have a very good OL.

Mediocrity on the OL is all we need at this point. Just don't be total dogshyt and the up-tempo spread with a mobile QB will neutralize the defense enough that we still end up be more than good enough. Plus, our RBs and TEs and (I believe) WRs are all above average. So the offense as a sum finally starts producing points and converting third downs. Everything changes.

Net/net, we all want Mt. McKinnie and Gonzales back. but mediocre OL is good enough to win 10+ given the rest of the team and our competition.

Totally with you on Campbell. I’m a big fan. He wasn’t quite ready in game 1 of year 2, but most people don’t realize he was playing really well at LG the second half of the season and he has a RT skill set. He is ready to go now. I think it spoke volumes that our new O staff (who are competent) immediately put him at LT1. He can play.

Zion would do well as a backup this year where he can continue to develop. He was a 3 year project coming in anyway. And, we can have a legit battle for that LG spot.

Just shirt Zion like we were supposed to last year. Let him get his body used to the weight and improve his technique.

Kid was overwhelmed but never backed down.

He will have folks eating crow his redshirt junior year, maybe 2021 if it comes together.

A line of Williams,traore,gaynor,Campbell,scaife sound great and make our year alot of fun

Just shirt Zion like we were supposed to last year. Let him get his body used to the weight and improve his technique.

Kid was overwhelmed but never backed down.

He will have folks eating crow his redshirt junior year, maybe 2021 if it comes together.
Yes. And he can still play in 4 games this year and redshirt. It makes sense.

Advertisement
The offense is stacked everywhere outside of o-line so yes, this is huge. The receivers are a question mark but there's plenty of talent.

Also, the offense won't have to try to overcome Enos (worst offensive coordinator ever). Lashlee won't make them block for 4 hours per play and will scheme to help them and not **** them over.

Your post is funny. You say the offense is stacked outside of the line. The line is the most important thing.

then you say the WR are a question mark but say they have talent (I guess based off high school ratings)

So you agree our line is weak and our WR are nothing close to elite. So explain to me again why you think we will be great?

king is a major addition and the scheme should really help us but I need to see it on the field. Lots of question marks remain on that side of the ball

this offense still has an average center, average guards and then Scaife on the line.

average WR with none of them showing they are elite. Solid RB but no superstar. Brevin is the only guy on our offense that will be drafted in the first 3 rounds in the NFL. This team still lacks elite talent.
You don't need elite talent to win the coastal...

The offensive scheme we'll be running can take a questionable/average player & make him productive.

No one is arguing we're going undefeated, but adding Jarrid plugs a whole at OT which gives us the best chance to win the Coastal than any other team in the division.

Va Tech, UVA, UNC or Pitt do not have elite talent either, therefore all things being equal we have enough talent to beat all of them. Whether we will or won't remains to be seen, but no one can make a good faith argument that those teams are better than us at any other spot besides WR & that's due to our guys having not played yet in our offense.

Advertisement
I would promise him the LT job, if we didn't already. Hopefully it's just a logistical issue about enrolling and nothing more. He's too good to play on the right side and we don't have an adequate LT so to me it's a no-brainer that he starts at LT for us.

This would be a huge pickup, the type that moves the needle, at such an important position which we just so happen to be lacking in.

You don't need elite talent to win the coastal...

The offensive scheme we'll be running can take a questionable/average player & make him productive.

No one is arguing we're going undefeated, but adding Jarrid plugs a whole at OT which gives us the best chance to win the Coastal than any other team in the division.

Va Tech, UVA, UNC or Pitt do not have elite talent either, therefore all things being equal we have enough talent to beat all of them. Whether we will or won't remains to be seen, but no one can make a good faith argument that those teams are better than us at any other spot besides WR & that's due to our guys having not played yet in our offense.

I don’t disagree i was pointing out how he thought one transfer was going to make us full throttle like we are elite. Just saying we have a ways to go. Nothing about winning the coastal. It’s the same thing we have been saying for over 10 years. We always have “the better talent” time for some team to finally ******* show it on the field!

Because it's logic & common sense.

There's no hold up for him to prolong an announcement to Baylor, his old HS coach in on staff at Baylor & it's an in-state school, plus there's no hurdle to jump over with admissions, if he wanted to go to Baylor logic tells you the decision would've been made much sooner due to the proximity & familarity with the program.

The fact he's been said to have announced his decision multiple times with the date being extended each time points to a kid waiting until all T's are crossed & all i's dotted in an attempt to get into Miami's Grad program.

If he were going to Baylor it's a smoother transition with no hold up, therefore a quicker decision, the hold up on his announcement makes sense if he's coming to Miami do to us as a program having to do a little maneuvering in order to get him in without any issues.

Disagree. From my perspective and from what I’ve seen, neither logic or common sense lead to the sole conclusion that it’s an admissions issue,

You say there’s no holdup for Williams to announce to Baylor. Although I would defer to Baylor and the kid to know if that is correct,I will agree with you for this discussion. There’s equally no holdup, hurdle or anything unique that I’ve seen, which would prevent him from announcing to Miami, just like other out of state grad transfers have done, including as some recent examples Roche, Kennedy, and Hill. King even transferred here from the same school without any of the fanfare or hurdles people are saying now exist for Williams. We often see football graduate transfers occur. Haven’t though seen anything special as to Williams situation that would require delayIng that process. Hence the questions in my original post above.

As far as his decision deadline being extended, even if that’s the case and it’s not just In whole or in part a third party speculating as to when he will decide (recall that for about a week or so people were posting on this board that he would decide “tomorrow”), to me and without any information saying so, it’s an unjustified leap to assume and conclude that’s because of dotting a t or crossing an I. There have been other student athletes that have delayed these types of decisions. Doesn’t happen all the time but Its not uncommon. Could be an admissions issue but there could also be many reasons involved; maybe he’s genuinely torn, maybe he’s debating staying closer to home, maybe he’s having second thoughts, maybe he just wants more time. (Read somewhere that at one point FSU thought they had a shot.) Without seeing any comments directly from Williams or directly from UM who knows. Another reason for my questions above.

Also don’t see it as a given that transferring from Houston to Baylor is easier and quicker than transferring to Miami just because Baylor and Houston are in the same state. That would depend on several factors including each of these private school’s admission requirements (regardless of their location) and what that school considers in the process, including also as to athletic scholarships. Maybe there’s some distinction that applies to Williams but not King, although I haven’t seen it.

Also consider that coincidentally, your post just after mine with the “update” Post # 66 from the Baylor sportswriter states among other things that Williams Is still in the decision making process, despite reports that he committed to Miami and that Baylor is still pursuing him.

Advertisement

A good left tackle goes a long way fam. We got the King and I also believe we will have the weapons on offensive.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back