Jarrid Williams part Tres

I think its a bigger jump than you give it credit for. I don't have the same opinion...I'm higher on King, obviously.

I would have given a bigger breakdown now that he's basically coming, but honestly, I think @Lance Roffers already covered it. From an analytical standpoint, he's a mid-tier D1 starting tackle at the G5 level. Our tackles are so sorry that that slides right in as a starter here these days. I'm hoping he can be a mid-tier P5 tackle and with a good season can be in the discussion for some All-Conference votes. More hopeful than sure though.

If this were NCAA14, it'd be like getting a nice 78/80 OVR RT when your other options are 70 and 68 OVR.

Bro KJ osborn was our best reciever and he came from a G5. I can only go by teams that i watched in person and FAU had some players that could have started at miami for sure.

Advertisement
juat my opinion from what I’ve been reading. We were the pick last weekend and Baylor made him wait. I believe they changed his mind.

your post doesn’t even make sense. Your opinion from what you’ve been reading? There has been nothing written out there that would suggest that Williams is heading to Baylor and as you wrote this, writers from a multitude of sites were indicating they expect a Miami.

I don’t agree with that statement. Zion tbh with coaching and 2 years of polishing can be an All-ACC caliber linemen he was pushed into starting at Lt as a true frosh. How many kids can actually do that out of high school and ur gonna bash him not his fault our coaching last year was the worst in D1 ball
You are making some rather large assumptions. “All-ACC caliber”? Nelson? C’mon, man. Let’s hope, but let’s not put unrealistic goals out there.

I didn’t bash him, I compared him to Knowles to draw a parallel to a guy who struggled on the field and who many wrote off, yet stepped his game up his last year.

They both played before they were ready.

I would say the difference is that Nelson has physical tools. He is athletic and knocks people back when he strike them.
And was one of the hardest workers of the group. Guys like that are grown *** men by their 4th year and they mold a culture of younger lineman on how its supposed to be done. Its not his fault that he beat out every other tackle for the starting job at 18, weighing 275 tops.

Advertisement
your post doesn’t even make sense. Your opinion from what you’ve been reading? There has been nothing written out there that would suggest that Williams is heading to Baylor and as you wrote this, writers from a multitude of sites were indicating they expect a Miami.

it’s reading the tea leaves, really man? It’s an opinion. All u had to say is you don’t agree. At least I don’t come on here with fake sources.
to be clear I want him here though.

I'll do an Upon Further Review if he does end up committing, but I wanted to provide a little context into what the above numbers from PFF will translate into.

Jarrid had 328 pass block snaps and allowed those 13 pressures. PFF takes all sacks, hits, and hurries and adds them together to come up with their "Total Pressures" metric. This means that Jarrid allowed a pressure on 4.0% of his pass blocking reps.

This is a solid, but unspectacular number. Here are some notable players and their number:

View attachment 118293

This would rank 125th among Power-5 OT last year (out of 380) and tie with Mehki Becton. Keep in mind, he did these percentages against Group of 5 competition and not Power-5 competition.

My point isn't that he is bad or anything like that, it is merely to provide context on the numbers and also temper expectations just a bit.
Great point..but i think the optimism stems from williams allowing 13 pressures all year.. Zion gave up 13 pressures in the first half of the first game

Advertisement
An offensive lineman shouldn’t see the field in his first season or two at least if we are stacking chips properly. Fact! Big **** jump from high school ball.. Physically and mentally a taxing position.

Couldn't agree more. Very rare are the prospects who are truly ready.

Advertisement
Bro KJ osborn was our best reciever and he came from a G5. I can only go by teams that i watched in person and FAU had some players that could have started at miami for sure.

and that was used as an indictment toward our current crop. Check my posts, I was in very early on KJ Osborn as our best WR and while I like him. He was the WR2 at a MAC school, came in and was our best WR. And like Jarrid Williams, would come in and be the best at his position group...and while thats great...its more of an indictment on the position group. And while KJ became an NFL draft pick, he wasn't an official All-Conference player (he did make the PFF All-ACC team as a punt returner), and his production was about <70% as a WR1 for Miami as it was as a WR2 for Buffalo. Its a jump, brother, idk what to tell you. It just is.

I don’t agree with that statement. Zion tbh with coaching and 2 years of polishing can be an All-ACC caliber linemen he was pushed into starting at Lt as a true frosh. How many kids can actually do that out of high school and ur gonna bash him not his fault our coaching last year was the worst in D1 ball

Idk, man.. That kid was a turnstile! I was expecting him to be beaten with power moves because he is so green and light in the pants. But it was quite the opposite! Dude was not athletic at all and had stone feet. Was very slow. Was getting blown by by everyone lol. Came out of his stance late and shuffled slow af. Couldn’t get a body on speed rushers half the time. Cannot fix that. Blocking is simple. You explode out of your stance and you whip the man in front of you. Kid had no agility and seemed too soft to play here and was scared on each play. He will need a lot of time and work before he has the confidence to play here. But he did a decent job when he got his hands on you, I must say. Problem is he was too slow to get a hand on anyone which is crazy.

Advertisement
Great points but no slam dunk to win coastal based on past performance and reasons for the failure. Talent wasn’t the main issue last year. Poor coaching, poor player/coaching leadership, and lack of a team oriented culture to name a few.

Manny has to show us that he solved these issues before assuming talent alone will Bring success.
Agree and if manny doesn’t with this team that will be the most complete team we’ve had here in awhile. Then Manny is gone and hopefully that’s the final straw for UM and they start taking Football seriously for the first time in forever.

it’s reading the tea leaves, really man? It’s an opinion. All u had to say is you don’t agree. At least I don’t come on here with fake sources.
to be clear I want him here though.

What tea leaves are you seeing that would suggest Baylor? The tea leaves actually point clearly to Miami.

Advertisement
Back