Jarrid Williams part Tres

Advertisement
I guess their wasn't tapioca for lunch....
I'm going to put down everybody who crosses my path until I get my tapioca pudding!!!!!

Advertisement
This topic in summation

tenor (43).gif

To me it would be the move that seals the deal for us to be a slam dunk for the Coastal.

Adding Jarrid sures up just about any & every weakness we had on Offense.

We have one of the best QB's in the country, a very good RB stable, an inexperienced & young but talented WR corps & a deep TE group, all we needed was a legit Tackle to stem the tide of the OL.

I'm a believer in John Campbell, I think coming into his Junior year & playing under Coach Justices tutelage he will play his absolute best this season. But I can't lie, the idea of starting a season with either Zion or Herbert at RT was/is downright scary.

If we land Jarrid we will have the most important missing piece we need to go a legit run this season. And when I say run I don't mean playoffs, I just mean having a good 10/11 win season.
I want 11 wins and 5 blowouts.. I'm being greedy so 💯💙🤷🏽‍♂️

Advertisement
He’s trash. Never should of been recruited here. 2021 will be Campbell and Walker

He doesn’t have to start. With his athleticism and aggressiveness, he can be a big time contributor off the bench. When he got out of his stance and got hands on his guy, he did some good things even as an overwhelmed true freshman foolishly rushed onto the field.

Think about his good plays. Multiply them with more strength, better technique and recognition, and acclimating his body to being more explosive. On top of that he has good aggression which is often underrated.

I see him becoming a solid or better swing tackle that helps us keep starters less fatigued and gives us flexibility in case of injury. That is a win all the way around.

Wisconsin takes guys like him, develop them for 3 or 4 years, then puts them on the field as seasoned war daddies. We would be wise to learn from that approach to create experience and depth.

You said a lot of words that indicate that you simply haven't read the prior threads.

Because we are out of 2020-2021 IC slots, we are trying to get Jarrid in via blueshirt. This requires that Jarrid NOT sign an LOI (until a day after fall camp starts) and NOT be recruited.

The REASON that athletes get into schools, when they otherwise would probably not have the grades/test scores to be admitted is because they have a signed contract guaranteeing full tuition. Without that LOI, athletes are, essentially, like every other applicant to school.

If you can't "see the difference" between Jarrid having to apply to UM grad school like any other person, versus having a committable LOI at Baylor and a red carpet rollout, then you are just not listening or reading what has been written.

Your response assumes there are no more 2020 slots. Other posters also assumed UMs class was full. Yet on May 9, 2020 we got and signed Issiah Walker with an available slot; no blue shirt and no waiting until the day after fall camp begins to sign his LOI.

Subsequently, Manny Diaz, in a May 15, 2020 interview, stated that the Hurricanes still have the capacity, from a roster and scholarship standpoint, to add more players to the 2020 team; ie available slots (This could be in part related to Moise and Asa Martin).
I haven’t seen anything since, which says there are now no more available 2020 slots.

In giving weight to roster management issues and slot availability, I’m inclined to go by what the coach says and what is actually done (e.g. giving a scholarship to Walker) as opposed to what’s written on a message board.

As a side note, If Williams truly wants to come to UM - an assumption or guess is all it can be at this time, and there are now no more slots for 2020. there is nothing for Williams to presently announce. He’d not only first have to get accepted into grad school, but UM couldn’t even offer him until after the first day of fall camp. He could accept the offer and then announce his commitment. If UM did otherwise and offered beforehand that would be actively recruiting him and he would not qualify for a blue shirt admission.

Glad you don't make decisions! He is a cane like it or not, because he will be a good one in a year or 2! After feeley gets his hands on him.
Good to know you support mediocre underperforming players! If you made the decisions I’m sure you’d be following enos out the door! 6-7!

Advertisement
He doesn’t have to start. With his athleticism and aggressiveness, he can be a big time contributor off the bench. When he got out of his stance and got hands on his guy, he did some good things even as an overwhelmed true freshman foolishly rushed onto the field.

Think about his good plays. Multiply them with more strength, better technique and recognition, and acclimating his body to being more explosive. On top of that he has good aggression which is often underrated.

I see him becoming a solid or better swing tackle that helps us keep starters less fatigued and gives us flexibility in case of injury. That is a win all the way around.

Wisconsin takes guys like him, develop them for 3 or 4 years, then puts them on the field as seasoned war daddies. We would be wise to learn from that approach to create experience and depth.
He has athleticism I don’t disagree with that, but that doesn’t mean it will immediately translate to the success like Wisconsin. I recall a lot of times, too many times him getting out of his stance and looking for his assignment or being to slow out if his stance.

I honestly can’t recall enough good plays to warrant potential. I understand he was a true freshman and the staff wasn’t helping him but IMO the potential just isn’t there.

You’re right he could be great depth in the future but I just don’t see it, justice is bringing a lot of too talent and it seems like zions only sliding down the depth chart. Searles reaches for him to sign somebody. I could be wrong but sometimes the writings on the wall no matter how much strength feeley puts on him

He has athleticism I don’t disagree with that, but that doesn’t mean it will immediately translate to the success like Wisconsin. I recall a lot of times, too many times him getting out of his stance and looking for his assignment or being to slow out if his stance.

I honestly can’t recall enough good plays to warrant potential. I understand he was a true freshman and the staff wasn’t helping him but IMO the potential just isn’t there.

You’re right he could be great depth in the future but I just don’t see it, justice is bringing a lot of too talent and it seems like zions only sliding down the depth chart. Searles reaches for him to sign somebody. I could be wrong but sometimes the writings on the wall no matter how much strength feeley puts on him
Top*

Advertisement
So would you, f4 not letting your players develope! Imagine if we got rid of michael jackson, romeo finley, sheldrick redwine! Etc...you tripping about one year!! You smell like a troll
Those kids all had wayyyyy more talent then Nelson coming out of highschool lmao to put him in the same sentence as any of those kids is a joke. I’m all for letting them develop. No trolling. My point is IMO the talent was never there. Searles reached to sign somebody. If he was good enough for P5 he woulda been recruited by them, but he wasn’t. I understand your perspective of being supportive and positive about current players. I’m just keeping it real and all the o-line coming in are going just pass him on the depth chart.

Have you ever heard of a player gaining weight as fast as Zion did?

Kid is a good athlete for his size. A program with better ol recruiting would have brought him along slowly. We piled weight on him (mostly good weight to be fair) and threw him to the wolves when everyone KNEW he was a long term project.

He was raw and undersized but had good physical traits and competitiveness that give him diamond in the rough potential. When he got hands on his man he did good work. He moved decently. He had unusual trouble getting out of his stance, though. I believe a big part of it was psychological being too cautious at the snap to avoid penalties. The coaches like him because he wants to be the guy that does things right. That is what won him the job in the first place even though starting him was wishful thinking and a bad decision.

When the kid settles down, he will make a big leap. Will he hold off the higher rated guys behind him? Who knows. He will play very good football for us at some point. I am certain of it and I have predicted break outs for many guys who fans slept on because they were misused or played too early.

The emotional impact of what happened to him against the gators is too much for most fans to overcome. He looked SOOOO BAD at times. But when you look at the big picture in context, you see why he failed AND why he has so much potential to succeed.

Last edited:
Those kids all had wayyyyy more talent then Nelson coming out of highschool lmao to put him in the same sentence as any of those kids is a joke. I’m all for letting them develop. No trolling. My point is IMO the talent was never there. Searles reached to sign somebody. If he was good enough for P5 he woulda been recruited by them, but he wasn’t. I understand your perspective of being supportive and positive about current players. I’m just keeping it real and all the o-line coming in are going just pass him on the depth chart.
That's subjective bubba, olinemen takes longer then any other position to learn and zion unfortunately has the hardest position to master LT in my opinoin. How do we know there more talented other then the fact that there older and has played more games? Also, different positions.

Advertisement
Back