Jarrid Williams part Tres

I agree with this.

If Baylor was the pick he'd have no reason to wait this long, so all signs point to Miami.

I know Newberg knows just as much as any of us does, but the fact he would log in a CB for Miami is something to me. He either heard pretty strongly from FSU that Jarrid was coming to Miami or he's trolling TF outta us lol.

The Grad school admissions thing might be a hold up but hopefully we can get that squared away.
The news here from him is he could announce for miami tomorrow.

Advertisement
This is why I posted I didn’t get ivins being all over the place with his predictions. At first Miami was in a good spot , then he’d lost confidence but now he’s “ optimistic “. All these updates while nothing has changed. Nada.

To me it would be the move that seals the deal for us to be a slam dunk for the Coastal.

Adding Jarrid sures up just about any & every weakness we had on Offense.

We have one the best QB's in the country, a very good RB stable, an inexperienced & young but talented WR corps & a deep TE group, all we needed was a legit Tackle to stem the tide of the OL.

I'm a believer in John Campbell, I think coming into his Junior year & playing under Coach Justices tutelage he will play his absolute best this season. But I can't lie, the idea of starting a season with either Zion or Herbert at RT was/is downright scary.

If we land Jarrid we will have the most important missing piece we need to go a legit run this season. And when I say run I don't mean playoffs, I just mean having a good 10/11 win season.

Him filling that one spot causes a ripple effect down the entire ol, right down to the bench. It’s way more than adding one guy.

To me it would be the move that seals the deal for us to be a slam dunk for the Coastal.

We have one the best QB's in the country, a very good RB stable, an inexperienced & young but talented WR corps & a deep TE group, all we needed was a legit Tackle to stem the tide of the OL.

I'm a believer in John Campbell, I think coming into his Junior year & playing under Coach Justices tutelage he will play his absolute best this season. But I can't lie, the idea of starting a season with either Zion or Herbert at RT was/is downright scary.

If we land Jarrid we will have the most important missing piece we need to go a legit run this season. And when I say run I don't mean playoffs, I just mean having a good 10/11 win season.

An 11 win season gets us into the playoff picture, don't you think?

Advertisement

Totally with you on Campbell. I’m a big fan. He wasn’t quite ready in game 1 of year 2, but most people don’t realize he was playing really well at LG the second half of the season and he has a RT skill set. He is ready to go now. I think it spoke volumes that our new O staff (who are competent) immediately put him at LT1. He can play.

Zion would do well as a backup this year where he can continue to develop. He was a 3 year project coming in anyway. And, we can have a legit battle for that LG spot.

More than likely, I just don't wanna get to ahead of myself lol.

I'll say this- if we get Williams that means Diaz HAS to win 10 games and the coastal to keep his job. Top to bottom we will have a team most coaches would kill for. Anything less than 10 wins and the division title means he isnt cut out to be a HC.

Advertisement

We have one of the best QB's in the country, a very good RB stable, an inexperienced & young but talented WR corps & a deep TE group, all we needed was a legit Tackle to stem the tide of the OL.

Great points but no slam dunk to win coastal based on past performance and reasons for the failure. Talent wasn’t the main issue last year. Poor coaching, poor player/coaching leadership, and lack of a team oriented culture to name a few.

Manny has to show us that he solved these issues before assuming talent alone will Bring success.

I could honestly do Ivins job. He never logs a definitive prediction unless a kid is about to go public. He feels good about Brinson and Kinchins but anyone with eyes and ears can probably read the tea leaves with them. Starting to question whether he actually has sources at this point.

I agree with this.

If Baylor was the pick he'd have no reason to wait this long, so all signs point to Miami.

I know Newberg knows just as much as any of us does, but the fact he would log in a CB for Miami is something to me. He either heard pretty strongly from FSU that Jarrid was coming to Miami or he's trolling TF outta us lol.

The Grad school admissions thing might be a hold up but hopefully we can get that squared away.

Is it possible that Newberg thinks that Williams will be going to Baylor but wants to troll Canes fans by CB’ing Miami just to get our hopes up just to be crushed?

Full disclosure: I tried a new strain.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is why I posted I didn’t get ivins being all over the place with his predictions. At first Miami was in a good spot , then he’d lost confidence but now he’s “ optimistic “. All these updates while nothing has changed. Nada.
Clicks my man. Suspense gets people checking updates frequently.

I'll do an Upon Further Review if he does end up committing, but I wanted to provide a little context into what the above numbers from PFF will translate into.

Jarrid had 328 pass block snaps and allowed those 13 pressures. PFF takes all sacks, hits, and hurries and adds them together to come up with their "Total Pressures" metric. This means that Jarrid allowed a pressure on 4.0% of his pass blocking reps.

This is a solid, but unspectacular number. Here are some notable players and their number:

PBE.PNG

This would rank 125th among Power-5 OT last year (out of 380) and tie with Mehki Becton. Keep in mind, he did these percentages against Group of 5 competition and not Power-5 competition.

My point isn't that he is bad or anything like that, it is merely to provide context on the numbers and also temper expectations just a bit.

Advertisement
Back