Jarrid Williams part Tres

Is it possible that Newberg thinks that Williams will be going to Baylor but wants to troll Canes fans by CB’ing Miami just to get our hopes up just to be crushed?

Full disclosure: I tried a new strain.
It's possible, it would be extremely unprofessional if he did, but it's possible.

Although I think if he thought Jarrid was really going to Baylor he'd just log in a CB for Baylor as a way to crush our hopes. FSU is in a dire need for an OT just as much as we are, so I gotta imagine it hurts his heart to put in a CB for Miami, rather than getting to taunt us if he was going to Baylor.

Idk either way, I'm just hoping we get him.

Advertisement
Great points but no slam dunk to win coastal based on past performance and reasons for the failure. Talent wasn’t the main issue last year. Poor coaching, poor player/coaching leadership, and lack of a team oriented culture to name a few.

Manny has to show us that he solved these issues before assuming talent alone will Bring success.
That's all true, but scheme played a major part in our failures on offense last year.

People really really really don't understand how bad Enox's offense was.

Change in scheme & adding a new QB, plus suring up the OL will yield better results, if we still had Enox calling the shots on Offense I wouldn't be optimistic at all. But Lashlee is **** good play designer & play caller, he can do something with the talent we have & maximize our skill players.

The offenses we ran in the past have all debilitated & neutralized our offensive talent, for the first time in decades we have an actual OC who will do the exact opposite.

But you're right, the other intangibles like team discipline & accountability are still question marks & remain to be seen.

I'll do an Upon Further Review if he does end up committing, but I wanted to provide a little context into what the above numbers from PFF will translate into.

Jarrid had 328 pass block snaps and allowed those 13 pressures. PFF takes all sacks, hits, and hurries and adds them together to come up with their "Total Pressures" metric. This means that Jarrid allowed a pressure on 4.0% of his pass blocking reps.

This is a solid, but unspectacular number. Here are some notable players and their number:

View attachment 118293

This would rank 125th among Power-5 OT last year (out of 380) and tie with Mehki Becton. Keep in mind, he did these percentages against Group of 5 competition and not Power-5 competition.

My point isn't that he is bad or anything like that, it is merely to provide context on the numbers and also temper expectations just a bit.
He has to be better than the current tackles even with the great analysis you provided.

The other Jarrid thread that was started today was originally titled Jarren, for the record.

Just so yall know I didn't start a new Jarrid thread on purpose after the other one, the other one was a Jarren thread.
You're the only guy on this place that doesn't need to excuse himself. Watch the boys respect this thread. You out clout even the bosses by 10 fold.

That's all true, but scheme played a major part in our failures on offense last year.

People really really really don't understand how bad Enox's offense was.

Change in scheme & adding a new QB, plus suring up the OL will yield better results, if we still had Enox calling the shots on Offense I wouldn't be optimistic at all. But Lashlee is **** good play designer & play caller, he can do something with the talent we have & maximize our skill players.

The offenses we ran in the past have all debilitated & neutralized our offensive talent, for the first time in decades we have an actual OC who will do the exact opposite.

But you're right, the other intangibles like team discipline & accountability are still question marks & remain to be seen.
I know people question the culture Manny created last year, and, I definitely didn’t like all the dancing and some other stuff that went on.

However, seems to me those problems arose largely from poor play, especially on offense. Was their a “culture” problem with that team that showed up week 0? No. They were ready to play and competed like ****. Made some mistakes, but they were ready to play. The culture always deteriorates when the team sucks.

Advertisement
I'll do an Upon Further Review if he does end up committing, but I wanted to provide a little context into what the above numbers from PFF will translate into.

Jarrid had 328 pass block snaps and allowed those 13 pressures. PFF takes all sacks, hits, and hurries and adds them together to come up with their "Total Pressures" metric. This means that Jarrid allowed a pressure on 4.0% of his pass blocking reps.

This is a solid, but unspectacular number. Here are some notable players and their number:

View attachment 118293

This would rank 125th among Power-5 OT last year (out of 380) and tie with Mehki Becton. Keep in mind, he did these percentages against Group of 5 competition and not Power-5 competition.

My point isn't that he is bad or anything like that, it is merely to provide context on the numbers and also temper expectations just a bit.
He’s better than what we got, also not every tackle can transition from Right to Left.

I know people question the culture Manny created last year, and, I definitely didn’t like all the dancing and some other stuff that went on.

However, seems to me those problems arose largely from poor play, especially on offense. Was their a “culture” problem with that team that showed up week 0? No. They were ready to play and competed like ****. Made some mistakes, but they were ready to play. The culture always deteriorates when the team sucks.

Extremely well put... even though I do think we had a few bad apples in the locker room. The season was lost quickly and so was the locker room

Extremely well put... even though I do think we had a few bad apples in the locker room. The season was lost quickly and so was the locker room
You need leadership at qb and with Jarren being Jarren and the offense sucking the chance for that went into the toilet.

So, we go from a delinquent qb and OC who was a prick to a mature, leader at qb with an OC who is modern and cool and has everybody excited. That improves the culture quickly.

Plus, you have a mentor like Ed Reed walking around as well. Steps were taken to fix the problem.

Advertisement
This question may have been asked and answered but could Jarrid’s delay be due to something academic such as grades, testing, grad admissions policies, etc.

image.jpeg

6'7 305+lbs, from Cedar Hill (was on that talented squad that won a state title), played with D'Eriq King for 4 years at Houston & in 2018 was the opposite OT of Josh Jones who was just drafted in the 3rd round by the Cardinals, on an offense that was 5th in the nation is scoring, 7th in yards per game, 24th in rushing yards per game & was 51st in sacks allowed (which is good), al while running over 1,040 plays on the season in that high octane offense under Briles.

Having watched a shìt ton of that 2018 season from studying up on King I went back watched games just focusing on Williams & the OL.

- He has long arms, quick feet, good kick step, can anchor very well in pass protect, gets to the second level of the defense with quickness, plays his assignments well & understands how to shuffle & readjust his feet vs speed rushers. Has good initial punch & uses his great arm length, when he decided to lock on his man's shoulder pads he could vice grip & drive the defender.

Where he needs more coaching up is in the run game, he's good but not great there, at times lunges forward & over extends, allows DL's to get into his chest at times & needs to show more consistency in leverage battles, sometimes gets too high in the run protection.

Overall, is a very good pass protector, definitely has NFL capabilities (Mid-late rounder as of now, stock can rise/fall depending on season performance), has very good experience in an uptempo offense like we'll be running with Lashlee & is a savvy vet who can come right in & be a leader in the OL room, something that's desperately needed. Especially with his continuity & familiarity with King, will be smart all business kid that can show the rest of the group maturity & how to prepare.

Would be an immediate starter at LT or RT, his choice. Not anywhere close to the George Brown or Tommy Kennedy transfers, much more skilled & more experienced. Plus playing under Coach Justice who's a West Va Trickett disciple will get the absolute most out of him & have him playing his best ball as a 5th year Senior.

BRING HIM IN PLEASE 🙏🏾

Now that was my comment from the last Jarrid Williams thread that ultimately got locked, so I'm reposting it.

The reason I'm starting a new Jarrid thread is because FSU insider Josh Newberg just put in a CB for Jarrid to Miami & is saying he may announce soon.

View attachment 118289

Idk how credible Newberg is but it's at least this is some good news in conjunction with Hedgemaster Ivins who in his last update said Miami's staff is till optimistic that we get him.

@IndayArtHauz Trust me I already know how you'll feel about me starting a new Jarrid thread, but I would like to please ask you to keep this thread open in the event that Jarrid commits to us some time soon. I understand why you or the rest of mods might not want to because of how the other two wound up, but I'm asking anyway. Unless you guys are under instruction to lock all Jarrid threads because the staff doesn't want the info out there yet then I understand.

Fellas, PLEASE I'm asking you as respectfully as I can, do not derail this thread, if you wanna talk about weed, Covid, protest or anything else just find a different thread. If there's no news or nothing for you to contribute just leave the thread, don't litter it up with bs please. I'm asking yall to do me this favor, please & thank you 🙏🏾
Tell Jarrid to come on board

Advertisement
Great points but no slam dunk to win coastal based on past performance and reasons for the failure. Talent wasn’t the main issue last year. Poor coaching, poor player/coaching leadership, and lack of a team oriented culture to name a few.

Manny has to show us that he solved these issues before assuming talent alone will Bring success.

Sure. Proof is always in the pudding. But can't say he hasn't point blank addressed those issues and with assets that have a proven record.

Sure. Proof is always in the pudding. But can't say he hasn't point blank addressed those issues and with assets that have a proven record.
We said the same thing before last season with Enos, Barry, and #TNM. I‘ll wait to see if he successfully addressed those issues. For now it appears he has.

Advertisement
You need leadership at qb and with Jarren being Jarren and the offense sucking the chance for that went into the toilet.

So, we go from a delinquent qb and OC who was a prick to a mature, leader at qb with an OC who is modern and cool and has everybody excited. That improves the culture quickly.

Plus, you have a mentor like Ed Reed walking around as well. Steps were taken to fix the problem.
aleahy, you and liberty spitting facts and knowledge Tonight. It seems friday nights on this board is where we talk about real miami football!

Advertisement
Back