Jarren Williams is a stud.

I thought the same. He could have made that 10 yard rush for the 2 point conversion. A seasoned quarterback would have rushed the goal line instead of throwing that pass and it's easy to second guess his decision in hindsight. In the end he's growing up and in time he will be able to sniff out these kinds of opportunities and take advantage of them.

Crazy that a younger QB surrounded by less talent facing a better defense doesn’t go through the same “growing pains”.

Advertisement
Crazy that a younger QB surrounded by less talent facing a better defense doesn’t go through the same “growing pains”.

Huh? Sam missed a ton of throws and basically he’s asked to make one read. The difference between Sam being 2-0 and us being 0-2 is his DEFENSE made stops to PRESERVE THEIR LEADS. OUR DEFENSE DIDN’T.

UNC went ahead of SC with 8(?) minutes left in the 4th. Their defense proceeded to get two interceptions to keep the lead - even though SC left a WR wide open with a couple of minutes left.

OUR QB PLAYED BETTER THAN THEIR QB - OUR DBS & STs JUST PLAYED WORSE THAN THEIRS.

Last edited:
Huh? Sam missed a ton of throws and basically is asked to make one read. The difference between Sam being 2-0 and us being 0-2 is his DEFENSE made stops to PRESERVE THEIR LEADS. OUR DEFENSE DIDN’T.

UNC went ahead of SC with 8(?) minutes left in the 4th. Their defense proceeded to get two interceptions to keep the lead - even though SC left a WR wide open with a couple of minutes left.

OUR QB PLAYED BETTER THAN THEIR QB - OUR DBS & STs JUST PLAYED WORSE THAN THEIRS.

UNC’s defense didn’t give up a lead? Lmao I’m ****ed, and you’re out here bending over backwards trying to celebrate something. I’m not about moral victories Imma head out.

Despite our red zone failures, we racked up enough yards on offense to win, but still lost. That tells me and its plain to see that its not the offense that caused the loss. Its the defense particularly on that 4th and 17, and the missed field goals. Jarren did fantastic. The deep throws will come, and the red zone offense will get better. We ought to celebrate that we got ourselves a stud QB. Imagine what Jarren will do with a competent OL. Imagine.

Advertisement
Lmfao. He’s proficient. You guys have watch trash for so long you mistake meets expectations with world beaters.

A stud doesn’t lose these games and fail to complete any meaningful deep ball

You guys are living in La La Land. Proficient? Kid is better than our last NC winning QB. He has far less to work with across the board. WTF are you brothers fugging talking about. He literally THREW the go ahead score. ALL he needed was his ******* TEAMMATES to get off the field on 4th & SEVENTEEN!

JW didn’t lose the game. Missed FGs, ****** defense, and a fraud *** DC did.

Most of our fans are mongoloids. That’s why they keep calling Enos out. They didn’t like the hire, so they’re going to keep grinding on him no matter what. Our offense was on fire at times yesterday. And he’s coached the fck out of Jarren.

If this Oline can continue to jell, Im really excited to see what this offense can be by November. I think we're fine on that side of the ball with Enos. It's that other side that has me worried...

If this Oline can continue to jell, Im really excited to see what this offense can be by November. I think we're fine on that side of the ball with Enos. It's that other side that has me worried...

Agreed. Down the back half of their 2015 season, Arky topped 40-50 points often.

54-46 (W)
63-28 (W)
53-52 (W)
31-14 (W)
50-51 (L) 😂
28-3 (W)
45-23 (W)

I’m looking forward to seeing how much we grow.

Agreed. Down the back half of their 2015 season, Arky topped 40-50 points often.

54-46 (W)
63-28 (W)
53-52 (W)
31-14 (W)
50-51 (L) 😂
28-3 (W)
45-23 (W)

I’m looking forward to seeing how much we grow.

Machete, my only (small)gripe with Enos is that I wish he'd go with a bit of a quicker tempo, but maybe with that defense of ours, they want to win that time of possession battle and shorten games a bit.

Regardless, with this years unit, the offense will consistently have to get into the 30's moving forward. I like this new Oline unit, hopefully this is the 5 we can grow old with

also, for the time being, I throw out those long developing play-action plays, the Oline just isn't good enough for that right now(especially early in games, where the run hasn't been established).

Advertisement
No he’s not. He’s easily the best coach on the staff.

Our fan base is ****** retarded to not see that 2 games in he’s already made massive strides w Jarren and the offense.

Jarren looked comfortable last night, threw for 300 yards, hasn’t thrown a pick in 2 games.. and we ran all over UNC.

Enos made adjustments to the play calling and OL and it more or less worked. You can’t expect every single play call to be perfect. But you can expect to see improvements and adjustments. We saw both.
Completely agree

And how do we judge talent? Who is to say they are less talented, when our guys are always dropping balls and have trouble getting open. Maybe our guys aren't as good as they are hyped. Or are we going off of the little stars they are given that don't always pan out, kind of like first round picks in the NFL.

Not sold yet... we are 2-0 if Jarren managed to throw more than 1 TD against Florida and more than 2 against UNC.

Machete, my only (small)gripe with Enos is that I wish he'd go with a bit of a quicker tempo, but maybe with that defense of ours, they want to win that time of possession battle and shorten games a bit.

Regardless, with this years unit, the offense will consistently have to get into the 30's moving forward. I like this new Oline unit, hopefully this is the 5 we can grow old with

also, for the time being, I throw out those long developing play-action plays, the Oline just isn't good enough for that right now(especially early in games, where the run hasn't been established).

Yeah, one of my worries was the Long PA designs coming into the season. When we go 4 wide, or 5 wide, Williams has to have the ability to check to a simple dump when we have numbers on the outside and the defense is clearly blitzing. Especially when there are bullets in off the edge. We also need more 12 and 21 in the red zone with all of our TEs involved. A few gripes....

Advertisement
Yeah, one of my worries was the Long PA designs coming into the season. When we go 4 wide, or 5 wide, Williams has to have the ability to check to a simple dump when we have numbers on the outside and the defense is clearly blitzing. Especially when there are bullets in off the edge. We also need more 12 and 21 in the red zone with all of our TEs involved. A few gripes....

Also, I thought we wasted that first drive with those short throws to the WR's, to me, establishing the run game with Deejay right off the bat was the way to go. But again, easy to second guess from a bar, regardless, I'd like to see both Dallas and Cam be used more in the short passing game(both can catch well) and get the chains moving more consistently early in games.

But this offense can be fun to watch when it gets going. The next step for Jarren is to make more accurate deep throws and letting the ball go on time(earlier)

One play I haven't discussed a lot was that last post pattern to Hightower, that's a play he has to give 7 a chance to make, especially since he has some real length and size to him. But it was waaaay overthrown.

And how do we judge talent? Who is to say they are less talented, when our guys are always dropping balls and have trouble getting open. Maybe our guys aren't as good as they are hyped. Or are we going off of the little stars they are given that don't always pan out, kind of like first round picks in the NFL.

True, good point. This could be a systemic issue, either way we are losing games to teams we shouldn’t be. First one was a real tough pill to swallow, this one is flat out unacceptable and there are no bright spots whatsoever in losing a game like this.

That 4th down call was beautiful. Just bad luck. The UNC kid made an incredible play.

The call was good. Not only did it look like an easy pickup, it looked like 5-10 yards. UNC player reached out an arm and got lucky.

Advertisement
This kid can play. We’re 2-0 if his supporting cast does their job. I’m going to give this kid props every chance I get, because it’s been forever since we’ve had competent quarterback play. Dude is a balla. When the game slows down for him, he is going to light it up!
His second year in the program. Kids like Slovis at USC and the UNC QB are more advanced than Jarren, right out of HS. Bottom line is we haven't really had a standout QB since Dorsey, almost a generation ago. Be nice if our OL could give Jarren time to do something other than dink and dunk. Or, to find out he can't do more than that and give Kosi or Martell a shot.

Gonna be real hard for Baker to win me back after that abomination.
my rediscovered mopery is based on the regression of the defense.

The 18 def was truly wasted;
combo of losses on def and baker.

Tragic we may be again playing whackamole with the major issues on each side of the ball.

You guys are living in La La Land. Proficient? Kid is better than our last NC winning QB. He has far less to work with across the board. WTF are you brothers fugging talking about. He literally THREW the go ahead score. ALL he needed was his ******* TEAMMATES to get off the field on 4th & SEVENTEEN!

JW didn’t lose the game. Missed FGs, ****** defense, and a fraud *** DC did.
Lmfao our last title winning QB managed the best team ever and no one called him a stud.

Go home boomer you’re drunk.

Advertisement
Back