Jarren Williams is a stud.

I agree the passing game was working and Jarren played great but we scored 25 points against a below average defense. Thats unacceptable. If Deejay and Cam get more touches I believe we get a better result
What makes UNC defense below average? In all seriousness, I thought they looked pretty good against South Carolina.

Advertisement
All the reports talked about how gifted a passer he is.

That much is evident. But also, Jarren seems like a very cerebral player. He thinks a lot. You can see it when you watch him play.

Sometimes he thinks a little too much like the pass to Mallory that he could’ve ran in for two.

We have to remember he’s a young guy. Just like Kaayas first year. This will be a year of growth for him and as he gets more confident he can only get better.

I really really like this kid through two games. His junior year will be special. Which is perfect as that’s when we play Bama with a legit QB.

Pumped to watch him grow. I know everyone is frustrated but Jarrens development alone is reason enough not to abandon Miami football like so many of you guys want to.

Not disagreeing with that or any of the many many other things besides JW that if they went our way, we would have won.
Granted it’s only two games, but I haven’t seen JW lead us to a clutch victory under adverse circumstances and would love to see that at some point. Last week he bobbled the last snap (who knows maybe that wasn’t his fault). This week he moved us down the field on the last drive but not to where it translated into points (and we can all say our kicker missed a 49 yarder).
Some QBs though just have that ability to impose their will, overcome the odds and lead their team to victory in crunch time when the odds are against us. Would love to see that happen with Williams at some point.

I get what you’re saying - but I just can’t dismiss, terrible DB play, bad defense, 4&17, missed FGs, and missed extra points, just to say our QB (who threw for 300 yards, with a 77% completion percentage, and 2 TDs with 3-5 drops) isn’t clutch. JW actually led us to the go ahead TD. Then he needed his defense on 4&17. Then he led us into FG range - and needed his kicker.

Sam Howell’s defense intercepted SC twice to preserve the win last week. We needed our defense to get off the ******* field on 4&17.

Advertisement

That much is evident. But also, Jarren seems like a very cerebral player. He thinks a lot. You can see it when you watch him play.

Sometimes he thinks a little too much like the pass to Mallory that he could’ve ran in for two.

We have to remember he’s a young guy. Just like Kaayas first year. This will be a year of growth for him and as he gets more confident he can only get better.

I really really like this kid through two games. His junior year will be special. Which is perfect as that’s when we play Bama with a legit QB.

Pumped to watch him grow. I know everyone is frustrated but Jarrens development alone is reason enough not to abandon Miami football like so many of you guys want to.

And you know that when he sees that film, he will realize he could have walked it in and next time, he'll remember. It's a processs

Exa

Exactly. When the game starts slowing down a little more for Jarren and the OL continues to gel the offense is going to be lethal.

I’m discouraged bigtime by the loss because losing to **** teams like that in conference just rings of the same old ****. And that 4th and 17 was just classic Miami. But Jarren is going to be a bad dude with his pinpoint accuracy.

Yeah, I’m probably going to hate Baker for the rest of my life. 4&17. My soul is haunted.

No he’s not. He’s easily the best coach on the staff.

Our fan base is ****** retarded to not see that 2 games in he’s already made massive strides w Jarren and the offense.

Jarren looked comfortable last night, threw for 300 yards, hasn’t thrown a pick in 2 games.. and we ran all over UNC.

Enos made adjustments to the play calling and OL and it more or less worked. You can’t expect every single play call to be perfect. But you can expect to see improvements and adjustments. We saw both.

This X100. Anyone that doesnt see the level of competency Enos has brought, and the strides JW has made under him is a football pleb. JW isn't a stud, certainly not yet. But he is developing into a competent college QB with a lot of upside the next year or two. JW under last year's staff would look like a buffoon. Enos hasn't been perfect and is obviously working with very limited talent across the OL, but an Cane fan busting on this guy is just a moron, which does encapsulate at least 75% of our fanbase to be fair.

Advertisement
I think our defense needed to get a 4th down stop for him like Sam’s defense did on 3rd down - before the kick.
I wonder what the percentage of conversions is for 4th and 17. I’d bet it’s probably around 5%. Give that **** up at the end of a game to a true freshman QB on a bad team, and that’s who you are. We earned that loss by letting them walk down the field for that go ahead TD.

He threw a dime to Brevin to win the game against Florida and he dropped it. How is that not being clutch if the second player doesn't make the catch? It's the ultimate team sport and half of fans believe this is basketball.

Easy to pick a given play and say it wasn’t Jarren’s fault and therefore he should not be considered “not clutch.” (We could say the same about last weeks dropped end zone pass to Thomas as another example).

Maybe it’s semantics but that’s not my point. My point is that I want to see him actually MAKE the play and make it happen. To me Thats being clutch. (not that he did almost everything he could but it was out of his control).

Agree that’s it’s a team sport but some QBs just have this way above average ability to make things happen under difficult circumstances.

Btw and digressing just a bit, but many have said that Brevin (a great player in his own right) is a complete mismatch against any linebacker. I rewatched that play a few times and although I don’t want to admit it, the UF linebacker was very tight with his coverage on that play. He was chasing Brevin but was very close and had his hands up and was waving his arms. Recall the refs initially called pass interference but picked up the flag because there is no face guarding in college football. Brevin was fully extended and airborne at an angle in a Herculean effort to catch that pass. Don’t know that I would call it a dime but it was a very good throw under difficult circumstances as it gave our guy a good chance.

Last edited:
I get what you’re saying - but I just can’t dismiss, terrible DB play, bad defense, 4&17, missed FGs, and missed extra points, just to say our QB (who threw for 300 yards, with a 77% completion percentage, and 2 TDs with 3-5 drops) isn’t clutch. JW actually led us to the go ahead TD. Then he needed his defense on 4&17. Then he led us into FG range - and needed his kicker.

Sam Howell’s defense intercepted SC twice to preserve the win last week. We needed our defense to get off the ******* field on 4&17.

I hear you (if that’s possible with written words) and .....
I agree with you on all of the above.

Frustrating !

Advertisement

****, I think we’re even going to see great growth this year.

No he’s not. He’s easily the best coach on the staff.

Our fan base is ****** retarded to not see that 2 games in he’s already made massive strides w Jarren and the offense.

Jarren looked comfortable last night, threw for 300 yards, hasn’t thrown a pick in 2 games.. and we ran all over UNC.

Enos made adjustments to the play calling and OL and it more or less worked. You can’t expect every single play call to be perfect. But you can expect to see improvements and adjustments. We saw both.
How did we look in the red zone?

Easy to pick a given play and say it wasn’t Jarren’s fault and therefore he should not be considered “not clutch.” (We could say the same about last weeks dropped end zone pass to Thomas as another example).

Maybe it’s semantics but that’s not my point. My point is that I want to see him actually MAKE the play and make it happen. To me Thats being clutch. (not that he did almost everything he could but it was out of his control).

Agree that’s it’s a team sport but some QBs just have this way above average ability to make things happen under difficult circumstances.

Btw and digressing just a bit, but many have said that Brevin (a great player in his own right) is a complete mismatch against any linebacker. I rewatched that play a few times and although I don’t want to admit it, the UF linebacker was very tight with his coverage on that play. He was chasing Brevin but was very close and had his hands up and was waving his arms. Recall the refs initially called pass interference but picked up the flag because there is no face guarding in college football. Brevin was fully extended and airborne at an angle in a Herculean effort to catch that pass. Don’t know that I would call it a dime but it was a very good throw under difficult circumstances as it gave our guy a good chance.
It hit the dude right in the hands?!?! What else can he do? Lmao cmon man

Advertisement
Agree 100% with the OP.

Every time the ball leaves Jarren's hand I expect it to be placed in the receiver's hands. No holding my breath waiting for the pick six, knuckle ball or pass sailing over everyone's head.

On a side note the Enos bashing today is beyond my comprehension.

We are much, much better in shotgun, running and passing.

We are much better in three step drop.

Enos would get some momentum and then randomly go to the under center stuff and we would lose momentum.

The criticism is that there is a stark difference between what is working and what is not he he isn’t going all in with what has been successful.

Still, we were MASSIVELY better on offense. Penalties, blocking , playcalling. Even with unc being weaker than Uf, the improvement is obvious.

There is hope as long as he keeps adjusting.

I thought the same. He could have made that 10 yard rush for the 2 point conversion. A seasoned quarterback would have rushed the goal line instead of throwing that pass and it's easy to second guess his decision in hindsight. In the end he's growing up and in time he will be able to sniff out these kinds of opportunities and take advantage of them.

I thought the same. He could have made that 10 yard rush for the 2 point conversion. A seasoned quarterback would have rushed the goal line instead of throwing that pass and it's easy to second guess his decision in hindsight. In the end he's growing up and in time he will be able to sniff out these kinds of opportunities and take advantage of them.

yes, I think so too These next two games will be opportunities to continue that learning curve. I am sure once he reviews the film he will see exactly what you described and next time he won't forget...

Advertisement
Back