Jarren Williams is a stud.

What happens at the end of the season if Jarren keeps playing well and the rest of the team continues to be awful? I think we all know what will happen then. For those that are dense, it’s called The Portal. Would you blame him for transferring if a better team with winning coaches wants him?

Advertisement
Short to intermediate passing is on point. Beyond that, tough to say as he isn't allowed adequate time to look good or comfortable down the field. If the OL can get it together and the playbook is decent, we can be fire with him. We also desperately need a bigger WR to step up. The smurfs also hinder this offense to some degree.

Exactly. I’m actually expecting our QB to deliver a great throw now vs. holding my breath in the past.

Enos adjusted VERY well to UNC’s game plan and COACHED the fugg out of JDub. Don’t know why people keep calling him out when it comes to this game.

Because some people get caught up in the big yardage, air raid type throws - I'd rather know JW is going to get a solid 10-20 yards per pass than hold my breath wondering if he's going to throw the bomb in triple coverage.... He throws the long ball when he feels comfortable. As he gets more and more experience and also our OLine gets more confidence, he'll do it more, I'm sure. And when he does, our guys have to CATCH it...

Advertisement
Enos went away from the run multiple times last night when Deejay and Cam were doing anything they wanted. They both averaged over 6 ypc. How do you do that and still only run for 180?

Williams is way more physically talented than Kaaya and has already shown that he is more accurate and more mentally tough. Kaaya was limited by a lack of arm strength and bricks for feet. Williams has already evaded probably a dozen sacks that Kaaya would not have escaped.

If this is Jarren’s floor and hopefully it is, we’ve got a really good one.

And let's add to that he is tough, smart and seems to have an unlimited work ethic and desire to win

Advertisement
Because some people get caught up in the big yardage, air raid type throws - I'd rather know JW is going to get a solid 10-20 yards per pass than hold my breath wondering if he's going to throw the bomb in triple coverage.... He throws the long ball when he feels comfortable. As he gets more and more experience and also our OLine gets more confidence, he'll do it more, I'm sure. And when he does, our guys have to CATCH it...

Agree. He threw a bomb and JT dropped it. Execution is > than just taking deep shots.

I think our defense needed to get a 4th down stop for him like Sam’s defense did on 3rd down - before the kick.

Not disagreeing with that or any of the many many other things besides JW that if they went our way, we would have won.
Granted it’s only two games, but I haven’t seen JW lead us to a clutch victory under adverse circumstances and would love to see that at some point. Last week he bobbled the last snap (who knows maybe that wasn’t his fault). This week he moved us down the field on the last drive but not to where it translated into points (and we can all say our kicker missed a 49 yarder).
Some QBs though just have that ability to impose their will, overcome the odds and lead their team to victory in crunch time when the odds are against us. Would love to see that happen with Williams at some point.

Williams got better from the last game for sure.

The one (or maybe two) things I’d love to see from him is making that clutch play or plays and leading us to a come behind victory when the game is on the line and the clock is winding down (like what the NC QB did at the end). You know that Santana Moss phrase about big time players.

Also like to see him hit some deep passes. Offhand the only one I recall being thrown was a deep pass to Hightower down the middle that was overthrown.

But he is improving and did complete some passes into tight windows.
He threw a dime to Brevin to win the game against Florida and he dropped it. How is that not being clutch if the second player doesn't make the catch? It's the ultimate team sport and half of fans believe this is basketball.

I think that is what the problem was, everyone was underestimating NC. We saw a true freshman QB, and figured we gonna kill em'. Turns out he might be a real deal QB, on a well coached offense. We saw a team that was one of the worst in all of CFB last year, and didn't think they would be worth a **** this year, and we got bit for it.

Looking at the stats you may be right about their defense. We racked up 488 yards on the offense, with 309 passing and 179 rushing. Our RS QB was 30-39 2td with no interceptions. So either we have a much better offense, or their defense is horrible, but i would rather like to think our offense has gotten better.

How did their defense perform against SC’s offense? What were the stats? How many takeaways? What did SC’s offense do to Clemson’s defense at the end of 2018?

What’s our barometer? How did we determine they were a bad defense in 2019?

Advertisement
If Jarren keeps balling like this all season he will be on some awards list later this year and pre season lists for 2020

Kid is the goods. He’s only lacking the confidence to throw into a tight window. I’m excited to see him, once he believes in himself as much as I do.

Advertisement
Exa
Agreed. Once this kid gets more game reps, his clock speeds up, his Pre-snap recognition gets dialed in, and he’s able to see it all immediately, we are going to be **** to deal with... Enos is coaching him up big time. I really liked his in-game adjustments.

That doesn’t mean he’s going to be perfect, or our offense is going to be perfect. Because there’s no such thing. It just means you can clearly see the development, and huge potential, if you don’t have an agenda.
Exactly. When the game starts slowing down a little more for Jarren and the OL continues to gel the offense is going to be lethal.

I’m discouraged bigtime by the loss because losing to **** teams like that in conference just rings of the same old ****. And that 4th and 17 was just classic Miami. But Jarren is going to be a bad dude with his pinpoint accuracy.

Because the passing game was working just as well

I agree the passing game was working and Jarren played great but we scored 25 points against a below average defense. Thats unacceptable. If Deejay and Cam get more touches I believe we get a better result

Advertisement
Back