Jarren Williams is a stud.

Advertisement
100% of all QBs leave plays out in the field. That’s the nature of the position. This kid is a stud.

If you take into consideration how unproven/young our line is, and how many big balls we have dropped, you can really come away with a very, very favorable opinion of Williams.

He has good skill players around him. But, it’s not like he’s throwing to Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, or Santana Moss - behind a OL that features Mount McKinnie.

Advertisement
Should we give it up for Jakari Clark too? The OL played so much better and I'm sure he played a big role in that.
Had a few lapses here and there but man does he play hard and can move. Liked what is saw. We would have beat uf if we had scaife at tackle like everyone was saying he should have been at. Nelson looked improved too

Advertisement
I don't like his inability to throw the deep ball and hit our guys in stride on them. Aside from that, the kid is the goods. Oline looked improved too. Enos called a good game.
You have to take what the defense gives you. Valid concerns on the deep ball and he will get better there. But Jarren is so on the money in the intermediate throws and throwing well vs tight coverage which is why defenders can make a tackle quick. These are hard throws he’s making with pretty **** good coverage but yet the ball is getting there with velocity where only his receiver can get it

I don't like his inability to throw the deep ball and hit our guys in stride on them. Aside from that, the kid is the goods. Oline looked improved too. Enos called a good game.

I believe that’s Enos’ weakness. Coaching the deep ball. I could be wrong. But, I don’t think he coaches that as well as the North Carolina OC. All three of our quarterbacks struggled with outside shoulder deep balls during the off-season.

No he’s not. He’s easily the best coach on the staff.

Our fan base is ****** retarded to not see that 2 games in he’s already made massive strides w Jarren and the offense.

Jarren looked comfortable last night, threw for 300 yards, hasn’t thrown a pick in 2 games.. and we ran all over UNC.

Enos made adjustments to the play calling and OL and it more or less worked. You can’t expect every single play call to be perfect. But you can expect to see improvements and adjustments. We saw both.
Agreed, what killed us was not scoring touchdowns in the red zone. Game would not have been close if we just got 7 instead of 3 or a missed fg.

Advertisement
You have to take what the defense gives you. Valid concerns on the deep ball and he will get better there. But Jarren is so on the money in the intermediate throws and throwing well vs tight coverage

Dude is dead nuts accurate. I'm not mad about how he played. Just pointing out a concern. Opposing DCs will use this against us, but he's accurate enough that it might not matter.

I'll fault Enos for the redzone, but otherwise the offense played well. Special teams left 5 points out there (chip shot, PAT, then we had to go for 2 because of the missed PAT; won't judge the 50 yarder)
Think they left 7 points, missed extra point and 2 field goals

Advertisement
I believe that’s Enos’ weakness. Coaching the deep ball. I could be wrong. But, I don’t think he coaches that as well as the North Carolina OC. All three of our quarterbacks struggled with outside shoulder deep balls during the off-season.

Could be. We've been hearing about how he is good at short and intermediate throws, and how he doesn't have the deep ball like other QBs. I don't know if it's coaching or limited ability. Who knows at this point.

And when you consider how sloppy we've played, that says a lot. There is potential. We need to clean up a lot of things. We did clean up a lot of the pre snap confusion from the Gator game. Let's see how Manny and the boys do from here on out.

Plenty of potential. I’m looking ahead at potential development - and what we can fix/clean up. Plus, what we’re already noticing on game day, and there are some really good signs.

(1) Manny needs to hire a real ST guru.
(2) I think Baker’s play calling duties may be challenged down the road.

Encouraging start to his career. Needs to get the ball downfield more because less than 8yds an attempt will never be a recipe for success. Coming from Malik, it's great to see a high completion percentage, but it can't come from being ultra conservative with your throws. Really hope he starts to run a bit. He supposedly has that dimension to his game, why not use it every now and then.

Think we're in a very good spot with him, but he, obviously, still has room to grow. I think a lot is just going to be his getting his confidence up with a few wins under his belt.

Advertisement
Back