Jarren Williams is a stud.

Advertisement
I'll fault Enos for the redzone, but otherwise the offense played well. Special teams left 5 points out there (chip shot, PAT, then we had to go for 2 because of the missed PAT; won't judge the 50 yarder)

7 points - and Diaz decided not to go for another Chip-shot which cost us another 3.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Agree 100% with the OP.

Every time the ball leaves Jarren's hand I expect it to be placed in the receiver's hands. No holding my breath waiting for the pick six, knuckle ball or pass sailing over everyone's head.

On a side note the Enos bashing today is beyond my comprehension.
It’s been so long since we’ve had this. He carved them up last night.

Agreed. He’s got moxy. We haven’t had a QB of his caliber since Dorsey. He is going to be a stud if we can shore up the Oline.

A breath of fresh air for my system....even @ 0-2.

Our defense and our pass catchers severely let him down. But any WR recruits watching this kid should be on board.

Advertisement
Weren’t you criticizing him yesterday though for not running hard on the 4th down turnover?

This is what I don’t get about our fan base. They can see the problems, the critical errors that cost us games, then forget about it all when they look at the stat sheet the next day. I’m excited about how much accuracy and zip he can put on the ball, but I’d be a lot more excited if he showed the it/wow factor that wins your team games. Not that we’re pointing fingers the next day at everyone else.

I was. I think he needed to run like his life depended upon it. And? Even though I wanted to see a tougher run on that fourth-down play, I clearly see that Williams did more than enough for us to win the game. For the love of God, just look at his numbers.

Our defense and our special teams lost the game.

I was. I think he needed to run like his life depended upon it. And? Even though I wanted to see a tougher run on that fourth-down play, I clearly see that Williams did more than enough for us to win the game. For the love of God, just look at his numbers.

Our defense and our special teams lost the game.

Telling me to “look at the numbers” is the fallacy I’m pointing out. If we scored touchdowns on that drive or any of the other 4 field goal attempts (5 scoring opportunities) are we complaining about ST or Defense? I think they’re all part of the problem, just like against Florida. That’s why I’m hesitant to praise anyone, because if we could just have one player put this team on his shoulders and carry us we’d be 2-0. Jarren played well, but could’ve carried us to victory like Howell did for UNC. I’m sure Jarren put up better numbers but I’d rather have that W.

Advertisement
Our red zone efficiency is a problem. Personally, I think Enos has been too conservative probably trying to protect his young QB, but I don’t think that is necessary. Jarren hasn’t really thrown a single ball that was in harms way. They need to let him sling in down there.

Besides, I’d rather turn the ball over trying than come away with nothing.

Our red zone efficiency is a problem. Personally, I think Enos has been too conservative probably trying to protect his young QB, but I don’t think that is necessary. Jarren hasn’t really thrown a single ball that was in harms way. They need to let him sling in down there.

Besides, I’d rather turn the ball over trying than come away with nothing.
Yeah we can’t depend on baxa. Got to be more aggressive in the endzone. Started off slow there but finished well with tds in the endzone

Oh brother he we go overrating Williams.

Let it play out

You’ll see that the UNC defense is terrible and we just lost to a bad team
I think that is what the problem was, everyone was underestimating NC. We saw a true freshman QB, and figured we gonna kill em'. Turns out he might be a real deal QB, on a well coached offense. We saw a team that was one of the worst in all of CFB last year, and didn't think they would be worth a **** this year, and we got bit for it.

Looking at the stats you may be right about their defense. We racked up 488 yards on the offense, with 309 passing and 179 rushing. Our RS QB was 30-39 2td with no interceptions. So either we have a much better offense, or their defense is horrible, but i would rather like to think our offense has gotten better.

Advertisement
Back