Jarren Williams is a stud.

I think that is what the problem was, everyone was underestimating NC. We saw a true freshman QB, and figured we gonna kill em'. Turns out he might be a real deal QB, on a well coached offense. We saw a team that was one of the worst in all of CFB last year, and didn't think they would be worth a **** this year, and we got bit for it.

Looking at the stats you may be right about their defense. We racked up 488 yards on the offense, with 309 passing and 179 rushing. Our RS QB was 30-39 2td with no interceptions. So either we have a much better offense, or their defense is horrible, but i would rather like to think our offense has gotten better.

I’m saying that the numbers are inflated because UNC is bad against the run.

I’m not saying Williams will not be good. I’m saying it’s still way too early to tell.

I remember when we were all excited about Brad Kaayas potential.

Advertisement
I don't like his inability to throw the deep ball and hit our guys in stride on them. Aside from that, the kid is the goods. Oline looked improved too. Enos called a good game.

Two I recall. Harley and JT.

I love Thomas, but man, be a receiver and go get that ball.
He let the DB back into the play by attempting to cradle-catch it.

Yeah we can’t depend on baxa. Got to be more aggressive in the endzone. Started off slow there but finished well with tds in the endzone
Yep, adjustments were made and we started making things happen.

Agree 100% with the OP.

Every time the ball leaves Jarren's hand I expect it to be placed in the receiver's hands. No holding my breath waiting for the pick six, knuckle ball or pass sailing over everyone's head.

On a side note the Enos bashing today is beyond my comprehension.
Dopes made up their feeble minds on Enos when he was hired. The bashing is just them grinding away on their dopey agendas.

Telling me to “look at the numbers” is the fallacy I’m pointing out. If we scored touchdowns on that drive or any of the other 4 field goal attempts (5 scoring opportunities) are we complaining about ST or Defense? I think they’re all part of the problem, just like against Florida. That’s why I’m hesitant to praise anyone, because if we could just have one player put this team on his shoulders and carry us we’d be 2-0. Jarren played well, but could’ve carried us to victory like Howell did for UNC. I’m sure Jarren put up better numbers but I’d rather have that W.

77(?)%, 300 yards, 2 TDs...with 3-5 drops.. including a bomb to JT... is a fallacy? Bro.

4 AND 17.

Advertisement
Exactly. I’m actually expecting our QB to deliver a great throw now vs. holding my breath in the past.

Enos adjusted VERY well to UNC’s game plan and COACHED the fugg out of JDub. Don’t know why people keep calling him out when it comes to this game.
Most of our fans are mongoloids. That’s why they keep calling Enos out. They didn’t like the hire, so they’re going to keep grinding on him no matter what. Our offense was on fire at times yesterday. And he’s coached the fck out of Jarren.

I’m saying that the numbers are inflated because UNC is bad against the run.

I’m not saying Williams will not be good. I’m saying it’s still way too early to tell.

I remember when we were all excited about Brad Kaayas potential.

Williams is way more physically talented than Kaaya and has already shown that he is more accurate and more mentally tough. Kaaya was limited by a lack of arm strength and bricks for feet. Williams has already evaded probably a dozen sacks that Kaaya would not have escaped.

If this is Jarren’s floor and hopefully it is, we’ve got a really good one.

Advertisement
Most of our fans are mongoloids. That’s why they keep calling Enos out. They didn’t like the hire, so they’re going to keep grinding on him no matter what. Our offense was on fire at times yesterday. And he’s coached the fck out of Jarren.

Agreed. Once this kid gets more game reps, his clock speeds up, his Pre-snap recognition gets dialed in, and he’s able to see it all immediately, we are going to be **** to deal with... Enos is coaching him up big time. I really liked his in-game adjustments.

That doesn’t mean he’s going to be perfect, or our offense is going to be perfect. Because there’s no such thing. It just means you can clearly see the development, and huge potential, if you don’t have an agenda.

A breath of fresh air for my system....even @ 0-2.

Our defense and our pass catchers severely let him down. But any WR recruits watching this kid should be on board.
Yea. I just don't know where the run after the catch is. Part of me thinks it's on our guys, part of me thinks it's on the system or JW not going downfield enough that UNC could basically box us in and dare us to go deep. Need to stretch the field

Advertisement
This kid can play. We’re 2-0 if his supporting cast does their job. I’m going to give this kid props every chance I get, because it’s been forever since we’ve had competent quarterback play. Dude is a balla. When the game slows down for him, he is going to light it up!
And he’s 0-2...

Williams got better from the last game for sure.

The one (or maybe two) things I’d love to see from him is making that clutch play or plays and leading us to a come behind victory when the game is on the line and the clock is winding down (like what the NC QB did at the end). You know that Santana Moss phrase about big time players.

Also like to see him hit some deep passes. Offhand the only one I recall being thrown was a deep pass to Hightower down the middle that was overthrown.

But he is improving and did complete some passes into tight windows.

Advertisement
Williams got better from the last game for sure.

The one (or maybe two) things I’d love to see from him is making that clutch play or plays and leading us to a come behind victory when the game is on the line and the clock is winding down (like what the NC QB did at the end). You know that Santana Moss phrase about big time players.

Also like to see him hit some deep passes. Offhand the only one I recall being thrown was a deep pass to Hightower down the middle that was overthrown.

But he is improving and did complete some passes into tight windows.

He led us to a lead. 4&17.

A few short months ago, the QB position was the biggest area of concern most posters here had.

Who would have known we'd now be questioning our defense?

No he’s not. He’s easily the best coach on the staff.

Our fan base is ****** retarded to not see that 2 games in he’s already made massive strides w Jarren and the offense.

Jarren looked comfortable last night, threw for 300 yards, hasn’t thrown a pick in 2 games.. and we ran all over UNC.

Enos made adjustments to the play calling and OL and it more or less worked. You can’t expect every single play call to be perfect. But you can expect to see improvements and adjustments. We saw both.
Enos could do more especially in redzone. I look at our offense personnel, we could be really creative. We could from 5 wide to 3 te on the field. We could literally do anything schematically. Enos should take advantage of it.

Advertisement
Back