Jarren out of QB race?

And that's fine. But to say he can't be coached to make better decisions is incredibly moronic. Especially when the only coach he's had to this point was a 25 year old whose resume only entailed getting coffee for NFL coaches. Literally. That was his experience. He got coffee for real coaches. And that was the guy who taught Kosi. He was also playing in a scheme that had 4 passing plays.

The kid was failed MISERABLY by the previous staff. I've said this whole thread that if I had to wager on it, Tate would be my pick to win the job. But to say Kosi is dead simply because of what transpired previously is really dumb, especially when you consider who he was being led by.

No argument here as far as the on the field stuff; but the off field stuff was on him, agreed?

So we can def give him a pass for the on field stuff, but he exacerbated his on field woes by his off field antics along w not getting engrossed w a pedestrian playbook and I believe that’s where the animosity, or better yet, doubt is coming from.

But maybe Perry will be more Brett Favre and less Jeff George. Both had on & off the field struggles in their early careers, but one took hold of better coaching & a better surrounding to become of the greatest QBs in NFL history, while the other was still going off old hype, uncoachable, trusting his arm v. playbook, becoming arguably one of the biggest bust in NFL history.

Players can def change w the right tutelage & atmosphere. I personally don’t have a horse in our QB race. I was all Perry last yr, til I wasn’t. We just need the guy who can lead his teammates, make the right decision, move the chains, keep the def honest, and win games. We don’t need a 300 yard/game guy. We just need a guy who can consistently put in a position to score and not lose game. If that’s Perry, Williams, or Tate, Idgaf. Just win baby (in my Al Davis voice)

Advertisement
No argument here as far as the on the field stuff; but the off field stuff was on him, agreed?

So we can def give him a pass for the on field stuff, but he exacerbated his on field woes by his off field antics along w not getting engrossed w a pedestrian playbook and I believe that’s where the animosity, or better yet, doubt is coming from.

But maybe Perry will be more Brett Favre and less Jeff George. Both had on & off the field struggles in their early careers, but one took hold of better coaching & a better surrounding to become of the greatest QBs in NFL history, while the other was still going off old hype, uncoachable, trusting his arm v. playbook, becoming arguably one of the biggest bust in NFL history.

Players can def change w the right tutelage & atmosphere. I personally don’t have a horse in our QB race. I was all Perry last yr, til I wasn’t. We just need the guy who can lead his teammates, make the right decision, move the chains, keep the def honest, and win games. We don’t need a 300 yard/game guy. We just need a guy who can consistently put in a position to score and not lose game. If that’s Perry, Williams, or Tate, Idgaf. Just win baby (in my Al Davis voice)

Off-field stuff was 1000% him, yes. But if he grows up some, wins this job, and takes on a leadership role, he'd be about the millionth kid around the country who was a knucklehead early in their college tenure and turned out to be a solid leader.

He's gotta go do it, of course. But IMO his off-field behavior in the past does not project how he will be in the future. That's something you can turn the page on quickly once you decide what's important to you. We'll see if he does it.

Advertisement
Jesus how many times do I have to say it.

Just assume it’s a 3 man race right now, mainly because it is, and enjoy the ride.

The line forms up next week and there are no fastpasses. We all get on at the same time.

Prove it.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

d3bf34205107fc349c60dc562a2f056b_w200.gif
giphy.gif
throne-of-lies.gif

Just busting your chops, buddy. Don't let the sheep get you too worked up.
GrouchyConsciousBlackbird-small.gif

IMWO, the biggest advantage Tate has is that killer mentality. CMD talked about two QBs wanting to be the QB, and one who has to be the QB like his life depended on it. Tate seems to fit that mold. Perry is in his 3rd year and he’s still a question mark, which speaks volumes. Don’t know what to think about Williams.

Advertisement
No. He was a redshirt frosh. He had plenty of time in the system. He was given every chance to succeed. The fact is he blew it. Again, watch the tape. It’s obvious Perry made 2-3 bad plays to every good one. He doesn’t have it upstairs. That isn’t going to change enough for him to be a good QB based on his OC or QB coach. Especially not when it comes out he couldn’t handle audible and protection calls. He’s not the answer.
Dam dude, you just on here straight hating...give that **** a break

Advertisement
I've been saying it since the spring and I ain't gonna switch now.

This has been and will be between Tate and Perry. No inside info, just my opinion based on my eyes.

And another thing, after all these years of watching organized sports the only thing i can tell you is never believe a word a head coach says to the media. It's not in their best interest nor are they required to tell anyone what they're really thinking.

Hey! Someone who actually listened!

We aren't credentialed and don't attend practices. We get our info where you get your info. Only difference, we hangout and talk about it (speculate) and hit a record button and then post it.

If you can't wrap your brain around that concept, then we can't help you.

I listen in religiously every week. You, Scoop, and Roman are some seriously funny dudes. In fact, I just may bump up to Patreon level podcast wise. Don’t listen to some of the peeps on here, they swear they have massive insider intel, that they wash Manolo’s car, and pickup the kids after Karate practice. For the most part the vast majority are good dudes. Just a few spoiled apples is all Toast. Carry on wit yo self.

Advertisement

A couple things should be considered with this: NP was playing for the first time while franks had over 200 career pass attempts and UF had a much better OL. I’ve always been a fan of perry but I think this is Tate’s job to lose

Understood. And valid concern. Ultimately though you saw a guy last year in Kosi, he has one **** of an arm. Can make any throw on the field. But honestly it was a little embarrassing that his center had to call his audibles or protections. Now by all intents and purposes he has turned the corner. And I am proud of the young man for his honor roll status. But last year's Kosi could not be the starter here moving forward. I think he even knows that.

The hash tag is #TNM for a reason. I just have been clamoring for the guy who will master the offense first and emerge as the leader of this team. I will be happy whoever wins the job. I am making the case for Tate but any of the other two guys need to engage and reinvent themselves to be the guy this program needs to usher it forward. Last year? I just didn't see it. They didn't have the eyes. And they certainly did not lead off the field well either.

This is how i feel. Kosi throws a great ball but he looked so incredibly lost so often last year and couldn't see a lot of what was going on. We can't have that, freshman or not. It wasn't just that, it was his pocket awareness and overall feel. Some guys just have that, some don't. Some guys improve a little but never reach their full physical potential because of it. I guess we will have to see with Kosi.

With Tate, he seems to have all those "it" characteristics....he's just not the thrower like a Haskins or a Kosi. For me, i want the gamer who can see things, adjust, adapt and lead vs the guy who can only throw. Malik couldn't see the field and it killed us over and over again.

I find it hard to judge Kosi too harshly off last season because he was being coached by a kid who has no business running coffee, never mind leading the quarterbacks at a place once known as Quarterback U.

However, the kid was incredibly moronic off the field last year. And he wasn’t much smarter on it. Again, I’m excited to see if he can be taught by a real coach, because his natural gifts are fantastic. But a QB is a leader and thinker first, and a player second. I’m not sold Kosi is much of the former. But we’ll see. He’s sure as **** plenty physically talented enough.

I don't necessarily agree. Eventhough Baby Richt had no business being the QB coach, there are some things kids either have or they don't....pocket awareness, feel, ability to see everything in front of you, on field leadership, etc. Minus the arm talent, a majority of the rest was missing at times. That's why the coaches went out looking for a transfer.

Advertisement
Back