Jarren out of QB race?

Advertisement
He makes so many mistakes. I felt from the spring game last year he wasn’t the answer.
The tape proves my gut was right.
This is a guy who has never really been coached until this year. And he wasn't ready to play last year because he didn't put in the work he needed too. Add that on top of richt's offense and you get those results.

This is a guy who has never really been coached until this year. And he wasn't ready to play last year because he didn't put in the work he needed too. Add that on top of richt's offense and you get those results.
No. He was a redshirt frosh. He had plenty of time in the system. He was given every chance to succeed. The fact is he blew it. Again, watch the tape. It’s obvious Perry made 2-3 bad plays to every good one. He doesn’t have it upstairs. That isn’t going to change enough for him to be a good QB based on his OC or QB coach. Especially not when it comes out he couldn’t handle audible and protection calls. He’s not the answer.

No. He was a redshirt frosh. He had plenty of time in the system. He was given every chance to succeed. The fact is he blew it. Again, watch the tape. It’s obvious Perry made 2-3 bad plays to every good one. He doesn’t have it upstairs. That isn’t going to change enough for him to be a good QB based on his OC or QB coach. Especially not when it comes out he couldn’t handle audible and protection calls. He’s not the answer.
Based on his work with his academics i think he is fine upstairs. I clearly said he didnt put in the work needed last year and everybody knows this. And a good qb coach can absolutely help a qb with his decision making and understanding of what to do and what not to do.

Based on his work with his academics i think he is fine upstairs. I clearly said he didnt put in the work needed last year and everybody knows this. And a good qb coach can absolutely help a qb with his decision making and understanding of what to do and what not to do.
I’ve already said several times on this site I think he’s going to get better. It’s not going to be enough to take us where we want to go is the bottom line.
I’m not Steve Spurrier saying Franks should be the Heisman front runner. Perry being the answer is on that level.

Advertisement
Hey! Someone who actually listened!

We aren't credentialed and don't attend practices. We get our info where you get your info. Only difference, we hangout and talk about it (speculate) and hit a record button and then post it.

If you can't wrap your brain around that concept, then we can't help you.

The old adage needs some updating when it comes to CIS:
“You can drag a horse to water, but if it’s already been beaten to death...”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Scoop can keep his kimono dragon to himself, and I definitely don’t care to let him “sink it in”.
Look at this kimono dragon...
s-l300.jpg

My issue isn't the arm strength. My concern is with how he reportedly looked as a passer in spring. And from hearing a former coach at osu(yeah he a piece of shît) say he was very average as a passer, to the talk that ryan day moved on because he didn't think martell could throw well enough in his offense.

He is very quick and can make plays with his legs but after watching the horrible passing game the last 2 years and especially last year i want a guy who can consistently get these weapons the ball.
His feet were a **** mess in that first scrimmage. Being a passer is ground up and dude was just out of sorts working from under center and getting settled. There was a noticeable difference in the second scrimmage - whether by design or just improvement. If he's as hard a worker as everyone says (I have no idea), it's not unreasonable to imagine he's been told what exactly he has to work on and how to get his **** feet settled so he can make passes in rhythm within Enos' offense.

By most accounts, when the play breaks down, that's where Tate is supposed to shine. So, in the meantime, we'll find out quickly if he's worked out some of those platform issues. Don't think there was a fan watching that first scrimmage who didn't cringe. I'm sure Tate looked at that and shook his head himself.

As for the other two, much of it has been said, rumored, etc., and I'll keep my thoughts off the board for now. No point in speculating. By the way, the above isn't a prediction Tate will win the job. I don't have a clue yet. Let's get some Fall practices in and observed.

Advertisement
This is so incredibly wrong, but I’m not wasting my time.

I think what he’s saying, OBM, is that a guy who had that many mental mistakes, along w a horrible off the field regimen, is hard to coach up, especially in one off season. It appears Kosi is trying his darnest to put last yr behind him, but it still reeks of last year’s stench.

Last edited:
I think what he’s saying, OBM, is that a guy who had that many mental mistakes, along w a horrible off the field regimen, is hard to coach up, especially in one off season. It appears Kosi is trying his darkest to our last yr behind him, but it still reeks of last year’s stench.

And that's fine. But to say he can't be coached to make better decisions is incredibly moronic. Especially when the only coach he's had to this point was a 25 year old whose resume only entailed getting coffee for NFL coaches. Literally. That was his experience. He got coffee for real coaches. And that was the guy who taught Kosi. He was also playing in a scheme that had 4 passing plays.

The kid was failed MISERABLY by the previous staff. I've said this whole thread that if I had to wager on it, Tate would be my pick to win the job. But to say Kosi is dead simply because of what transpired previously is really dumb, especially when you consider who he was being led by.

Advertisement
Back