Jarren out of QB race?

My issue isn't the arm strength. My concern is with how he reportedly looked as a passer in spring. And from hearing a former coach at osu(yeah he a piece of shît) say he was very average as a passer, to the talk that ryan day moved on because he didn't think martell could throw well enough in his offense.

He is very quick and can make plays with his legs but after watching the horrible passing game the last 2 years and especially last year i want a guy who can consistently get these weapons the ball.

Understood. And valid concern. Ultimately though you saw a guy last year in Kosi, he has one **** of an arm. Can make any throw on the field. But honestly it was a little embarrassing that his center had to call his audibles or protections. Now by all intents and purposes he has turned the corner. And I am proud of the young man for his honor roll status. But last year's Kosi could not be the starter here moving forward. I think he even knows that.

The hash tag is #TNM for a reason. I just have been clamoring for the guy who will master the offense first and emerge as the leader of this team. I will be happy whoever wins the job. I am making the case for Tate but any of the other two guys need to engage and reinvent themselves to be the guy this program needs to usher it forward. Last year? I just didn't see it. They didn't have the eyes. And they certainly did not lead off the field well either.

Advertisement
C'mon man. Do you listen to the podcast? These guys implicitly state that they are just fans and observers. They are the OBB because they grew up in the OB falling in love with Hurricanes football. They probably have a TINY little bit of inside insight into the program that the typical fan may not, but all they're doing is telling you what they think. They are definitely not "insiders" who are down there watching practice every day, watching weight room workouts, and monitoring unsupervised summer drills on a daily basis.

I've listened to that part of the podcast and they explain where the opinion comes from, it comes from media reports, no more, no less. They say national media is hyping Tate, while the local media is hyping Kosi, with not much being said about JW. @Scoop has been saying all spring/summer that he thought the QB battle would be wrapped up early in "fall" practice. Again, just his opinion/prediction.

Personally, based on reports that I've read since the spring/summer, I'd have to say I tend to agree with them on the two man race part. I do think, however, that the naming of the starter will go down to the last week or so. But that is opinion/prediction, not fact.
Hey! Someone who actually listened!

We aren't credentialed and don't attend practices. We get our info where you get your info. Only difference, we hangout and talk about it (speculate) and hit a record button and then post it.

If you can't wrap your brain around that concept, then we can't help you.

Anyone that thinks Perry is the guy...please go watch the UVA game last year. I’m watching it again now. I can say with 💯 percent confidence there’s a reason why I felt Jarren should’ve played last season and why Tate should be given a chance now. Perry makes horrible decisions. There’s no way to sugar coat it.

Advertisement
Tate improved over the course of the Spring, why would anyone expect anything different from Summer and then Fall? And he was running a new offense with new WRs he never played with before. I'd be a bit concerned if it was the opposite and he regressed. I think his mobility gives him the nod against the Gaytors if it's at all close between the QBs in camp, which I expect it to be.

Anyone that thinks Perry is the guy...please go watch the UVA game last year. I’m watching it again now. I can say with 💯 percent confidence there’s a reason why I felt Jarren should’ve played last season and why Tate should be given a chance now. Perry makes horrible decisions. There’s no way to sugar coat it.

Mentioned this today on the pod. This game in particular. I said that game his eyes looked completely lost. It didn't instill the confidence that the team needs. You don't think the other guys in the huddle are oblivious to it, you are kidding yourselves. #TNM for a reason. If Kosi will be the guy, that last year's version needs to stay there.

My issue isn't the arm strength. My concern is with how he reportedly looked as a passer in spring. And from hearing a former coach at osu(yeah he a piece of shît) say he was very average as a passer, to the talk that ryan day moved on because he didn't think martell could throw well enough in his offense.

He is very quick and can make plays with his legs but after watching the horrible passing game the last 2 years and especially last year i want a guy who can consistently get these weapons the ball.

There’s plenty of ways to get these weapons the ball without being the world’s most gifted passer.

Is he accurate in the short and intermediate game?
Can he run?
Can he think?

If all of those are yes, he’s gonna be hard to beat.

Hey! Someone who actually listened!

We aren't credentialed and don't attend practices. We get our info where you get your info. Only difference, we hangout and talk about it (speculate) and hit a record button and then post it.

If you can't wrap your brain around that concept, then we can't help you.

Oh look who it is? HE SPEAKS. You are in shark infested waters without a paddle my friend. It is this man scoop that they want. Offer them their sacrifice and let them rejoice in peace.

Advertisement
Mentioned this today on the pod. This game in particular. I said that game his eyes looked completely lost. It didn't instill the confidence that the team needs. You don't think the other guys in the huddle are oblivious to it, you are kidding yourselves. #TNM for a reason. If Kosi will be the guy, that last year's version needs to stay there.

I find it hard to judge Kosi too harshly off last season because he was being coached by a kid who has no business running coffee, never mind leading the quarterbacks at a place once known as Quarterback U.

However, the kid was incredibly moronic off the field last year. And he wasn’t much smarter on it. Again, I’m excited to see if he can be taught by a real coach, because his natural gifts are fantastic. But a QB is a leader and thinker first, and a player second. I’m not sold Kosi is much of the former. But we’ll see. He’s sure as **** plenty physically talented enough.

Roman to clarify..........I have listened to you all, and there is no doubt that the U is very real for all you guys.
As I said in my post, you have to build podders, as you go, in order to have that fan voice that most fans recognize, and place credence in all participating opinions and thoughts.

Cane opinion is just that.....agree, or disagree, it is meant to make us fans think, and appreciate the nuances of our team.
Keep up the work with your cohorts, and it is refreshing to know, that we are starting out the Manny TNM period with a fresh perspective on our Canes, with the Big Orange with a twist.....
Keep up the good work , and as you all said........it all about the Canes.

I find it hard to judge Kosi too harshly off last season because he was being coached by a kid who has no business running coffee, never mind leading the quarterbacks at a place once known as Quarterback U.

However, the kid was incredibly moronic off the field last year. And he wasn’t much smarter on it. Again, I’m excited to see if he can be taught by a real coach, because his natural gifts are fantastic. But a QB is a leader and thinker first, and a player second. I’m not sold Kosi is much of the former. But we’ll see. He’s sure as **** plenty physically talented enough.

Well said

Advertisement
Roman to clarify..........I have listened to you all, and there is no doubt that the U is very real for all you guys.
As I said in my post, you have to build podders, as you go, in order to have that fan voice that most fans recognize, and place credence in all participating opinions and thoughts.

Cane opinion is just that.....agree, or disagree, it is meant to make us fans think, and appreciate the nuances of our team.
Keep up the work with your cohorts, and it is refreshing to know, that we are starting out the Manny TNM period with a fresh perspective on our Canes, with the Big Orange with a twist.....
Keep up the good work , and as you all said........it all about the Canes.

Hey thanks man. Honestly I don't think people understand the HONOR and the PRIVILEGE it is to just be one of the guys. A kid who grew up here his whole life and loves the Hurricanes, to one day be on this great site and then start a little Pod with 2 other good friends. Sponsors like Ed Morse have jumped on, Caneswear literally has OBB Tee Shirts. I have gotten to talk to child hood idles like Kevin Patrick and Randall Hill. Then I literally got to sit right next to guys like Kaaya, Richards, Rosier, Berrios, And Jackson and talk Hurricanes for HOURS. Bro this is a dream for me. This is cool. Not everyone will be happy with everything we ever say but that's ok. That's the point.

Please go re-watch the games from last season. We are in trouble if Perry wins the job. I don’t care if any guy named Sean from the NFL is our OC. Nobody can coach a guy that throws into triple coverage.

Advertisement
There’s plenty of ways to get these weapons the ball without being the world’s most gifted passer.

Is he accurate in the short and intermediate game?
Can he run?
Can he think?

If all of those are yes, he’s gonna be hard to beat.
This is to be determined by all the qbs.

Advertisement
Back