Jarren out of QB race?

Advertisement
Hahahaha I don’t believe for a second coaches haven’t been involved all offseason. Their office windows look over the field in the IPF. Also Manny has been in every QB meeting. They may not have a starter but they know who’s winning
Plus you know Feeley is reporting back as well as leaders on the team.

G Ferman swears JW will push Kosi with Tate a distant 3rd.:rolleyes:
If he’s just looking at the facts, which most recently is spring practice, then his take is understandable.
JW & Kosi were the most consistent and Tate was not impressive but ‘distant’ might be a bit much.
I thought the spring game was clearly set up to build Tate’s confidence (which we may need).
For the weapons we have, accuracy is more important than wheels - besides, they all CAN run.

I agree but after reading some of the OT or even on-topic (I also just realized the acronym for on-topic and off-topic are the same and it kinda f'd with me) threads, I would punch a baby to hear who is on the exercise bike, how vigorously they are pedaling, and which leg they are using

There was no part of that post that wasn't hilarious. Excellent post.

Advertisement
Appreciate that bro 💯
images.jpeg

CIS Godfather...

As much as we would all like a starter named as soon as possible, theres nothing wrong with waiting until game week to be announced. Sure, there will be leaked info and possible spies but nothing wrong with letting the gators scheme for the possibility of all 3 QB's.

As much as we would all like a starter named as soon as possible, theres nothing wrong with waiting until game week to be announced. Sure, there will be leaked info and possible spies but nothing wrong with letting the gators scheme for the possibility of all 3 QB's.
Agreed, it sucks but making uif plan for 3 different QBs is an advantage we should utilize!

Advertisement
He basically said that if Jarren doesn't tighten up, he may not be here. That's pretty damning.
If he’s just looking at the facts, which most recently is spring practice, then his take is understandable.
JW & Kosi were the most consistent and Tate was not impressive but ‘distant’ might be a bit much.
I thought the spring game was clearly set up to build Tate’s confidence (which we may need).
For the weapons we have, accuracy is more important than wheels - besides, they all CAN run.
And run their going to have to do since the gators have a very good defense and they will be blitzing a lot. If our OL is having difficulties with the pressure the advantage is Tate.

If I’m not mistaken @Roman Marciante also works this podcast Orange Bowl Boys. Can you clarify if this is a source/fact vs. opinion @Roman Marciante ?

Yes. I am one third of the Orange Bowl Boys podcast. Yes. I like Scoop are on the Tate Train at the moment. basically you have to get the whole conversation to get the context. The national media is proclaiming that Tate is the guy. (Tom Lemming in particular just did and said he would be the next Ken Dorsey for us) and the local media is praising N'kosi as the guy. Not a lot of buzz is surrounding Jarren at the moment. Doesn't mean that won't change.

So that is where the perceivable, "Two horse race" came from. It is honestly a three horse race. We know this. We just picked horses. And if you listen to Toast, he accurately says what we ALL believe. We don't care who it is, it is whoever can win Miami games. But we are three friends who love the Canes, just like all of you, debating like friends would do.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Those guys are building podders, so they need to throw some sh!! out there to stir response.....
Apparently they did.......... Nothing new but fans trying to build around their opinions.....
No harm , no foul, but to take this and run with it is ludicrous...
[/QUOT
I just picked a guy. Just like I picked a guy when I came on with D$ on the InSight Pod. :) (I just picked the same guy while wearing two hats)

“For those that weren't able to go, here are my random thoughts:

1. Saw a lot of big sets from Enos. There were a lot of 2 TE sets and plenty of Realus George. A lot of plays were run under center.
2. It is a two-man race between Kosi and Jarren. Tate is clearly well behind both. I'll discuss Tate later.

Kosi and Jarren were pretty close from what I saw. I'm no pro scout, but if I had to say, I'd say Jarren throws a better ball. I'd guess that the job will go to the QB that displays better maturity and really digs into the playbook. I have a feeling the stuff we don't see (locker room, meetings, etc.) will determine who wins the job. I wonder if Kosi's conduct last year will stain this coaching staff's views or expectations of him.

3. Tate. Rough day. Candidly, if I didn't know better, I'd say he was a non-scholarship kid. He struggled. He reminded me of that lefty UNC kid. He's got some real skills running the ball, but he's way behind the other 2. Also, at least from what we saw of the offense, if a majority of plays will be run under center, it doesn't seem like Enos' offense is built for him. Without the benefit of replay and a crappy vantage point, it seemed to me he couldn't set his feet because balls were landing several feet in front of receivers. I don't think the issue was a lack of arm strength. There was a slant to Njoku that was thrown well behind him.”

- from AlexCane

Advertisement
Back