Jarren out of QB race?

I need a question answered from recent history. Who was the last high profile qb that transferred to another school and didn’t start the next year he was eligible to play?

Advertisement
This really just confirms what dds said. Manny said the job would be won over the summer bc the work that they put in would show in fall camp. One of the QBs put in the least amount of work, that's simply facts. Whoever that QB is is out of the race.

Edit: I mean do u all really expect Manny to say that Jarren slipped up and this is a two man race? C'mon now.

Information from these clowns doesn’t confirm anything. How stupid do you have to be to believe something that fanboys say.

It was shared vaguely on this site by a reliable source that Williams has regressed in several areas this offseason. Would not be surprised if he wasn't here in the long run. TIFWIW.

I don't doubt this and have said since the minute Martell agreed to come here that at least 1 of Martell, Perry, and Williams would not be on the roster for long. Possibly 2. But because a fan said it's a 2 horse race on a fan podcast literally means absolutely zero.

Advertisement
What our half a ****** fans don't seem to understand is that this thing is a marathon not a sprint.

Everybody has already crowned their guy to be the starter, but don't realize how quickly that sh*t will turn if they come out stinking it up turning the ball over & play bad vs UF.

The QB race only determines who starts on 8/24, there's still an entire season to play after that A LOT can & will happen, people would be smart to let these QB's prove it on the field by actually winning games before they starting handing out trophies to any of'em.

You never go full ******.

G Ferman swears JW will push Kosi with Tate a distant 3rd.:rolleyes:

Now THIS is pertinent information. There is literally nobody more retarded than Gary Ferman. Dannyboycane's opinion holds more weight, truly. So if he really did say this, I'd tell everyone to put a lot of money on Tate starting. Gary could ***** up a wet dream.

All the answers to your questions concerning the football 🏈team will be answered come Aug 24.until then it's just speculation or your opinion.thankfully it's weeks away and not months away.

Advertisement
If I’m not mistaken @Roman Marciante also works this podcast Orange Bowl Boys. Can you clarify if this is a source/fact vs. opinion @Roman Marciante ?

C'mon man. Do you listen to the podcast? These guys implicitly state that they are just fans and observers. They are the OBB because they grew up in the OB falling in love with Hurricanes football. They probably have a TINY little bit of inside insight into the program that the typical fan may not, but all they're doing is telling you what they think. They are definitely not "insiders" who are down there watching practice every day, watching weight room workouts, and monitoring unsupervised summer drills on a daily basis.

I've listened to that part of the podcast and they explain where the opinion comes from, it comes from media reports, no more, no less. They say national media is hyping Tate, while the local media is hyping Kosi, with not much being said about JW. @Scoop has been saying all spring/summer that he thought the QB battle would be wrapped up early in "fall" practice. Again, just his opinion/prediction.

Personally, based on reports that I've read since the spring/summer, I'd have to say I tend to agree with them on the two man race part. I do think, however, that the naming of the starter will go down to the last week or so. But that is opinion/prediction, not fact.

Last edited:
hes actually already is . Matocha had a faster 40 and shuttle time than either of Williams or perry coming out of highschool. Hes the 2nd most athletic qb on the roster behind tate martell and had a 99 nike sparq rating actually which is great for a qb.
How in the **** did this just turn into a threat about 40 times. Jesus. An we stay on freakn topic just once in a while.

At the end of the day, the qb/qb’s that put in the most work in the off-season and showed leadership bringing guys together will likely have a leg up. Of kosi and Tate put in more film study and work with receivers they probably have put themselves in a better position to start fall camp.

Advertisement
C'mon man. Do you listen to the podcast? These guys implicitly state that they are just fans and observers. They are the OBB because they grew up in the OB falling in love with Hurricanes football. They probably have a little bit of inside insight into the program that the typical fan may not, but all they're doing is telling you what they think. They are definitely not "insiders" who are down there watching practice every day, watching weight room workouts, and monitoring unsupervised summer drills on a daily basis.

I've listened to that part of the podcast and they explain where the opinion comes from, it comes from media reports, no more, no less. They say national media is hyping Tate, while the local media is hyping Kosi, with not much being said about JW. @Scoop has been saying all spring/summer that he thought the QB battle would be wrapped up early in "fall" practice. Again, just his opinion/prediction.

Personally, based on reports that I've read since the spring/summer, I'd have to say I tend to agree with them on the two man race part. I do think, however, that the naming of the starter will go down to the last week or so. But that is opinion/prediction, not fact.
Manny said in one of the interviews that they want to have a QB 1 within the first 2 weeks.

Advertisement
Okay, how good is Williams? I mean he could not unseat Malik?
The actual coaching staff at UM isn't holding last year's resultsf over their heads. Fans shouldn't either. By that standard, you could ask why Tate transferred out of Ohio State when he was their only returning QB who had actually taken any snaps.

Advertisement
Back