Jarren out of QB race?

Perry has yet to show pocket awareness. He either throws it on the drop back, takes a sack, or runs outside the pocket. There's no sliding around to buy time with Perry. Jarren has really good pocket presence to slide around. I have not seen Jarren take off enough to know if he can run. Perry runs upright and looks like he's going to have his head taken off. That maybe because he has short legs. Neither of these guys move like Tate though. I'll bet you could fit both of Perry's thighs inside one of Tate's.
Perry has short legs.......good god!
I'm addicted to CIS and I can't even stop reading some of the ridiculous things on it.

I guess I'm the loser.

Advertisement
Perry has short legs.......good god!
I'm addicted to CIS and I can't even stop reading some of the ridiculous things on it.

I guess I'm the loser.
Yes, Perry has a long torso and short legs for his height. How is that ridiculous?

You said it.

It's not entirely out of the realm of probability that its down to a 2 man race. One of the things the coaches said is what happens during the summer ie how much work they are doing on their own, (under the watchful eyes of the coaches whose windows overlook the practice field), is part of the determination in who starts. Maybe they've seen that in the summer that Perry and Tate are doing much more work ie in the weight room when not mandatory, throwing on their own, in the film room. Of course we all know that while coaches arent allowed to interact they *KNOW*. Now if at the start of Fall practice Perry and Tate **** the bed then its back to a 3 man race.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Doesn't know his *** from his elbow. Stop listening to these podcasts as if they're factual. These are fanboys. And that's fine, we're all fans. But that's his opinion only.
I find that podcast insufferable. Do they think people are listening to hear them say terrible jokes with each other? They have some good content but they really need to cut the fat

Scoop from the Orange Bowl Boys podcast is claiming Jarren is out of the QB race and it’s now between NKosi and Tate. Anything else to back this up?
Not according to what was said!

From what was said by the coach Today on Joe Rose show;

Who is going to be the starting quarterback?

Miami head coach Manny Diaz has made it clear since he took over in January that there would be a starting quarterback competition. Sophomores N'Kosi Perry and Tate Martell along with redshirt freshman Jarren Williams have been competing all offseason.

No quarterback separated from the pack during the month of spring football and so the quarterback competition extended into the summer and through the start of preseason camp.

Diaz is looking forward to seeing which quarterback has taken the initiative to improve and learn the offense on their own during these summer months.

“The good news is we think all three guys came out of spring as a possible contender for the job,” Diaz said on The Joe Rose Show on 560 WQAM from ACC Media Days."

To all my Canes Brothens out there!! Let's let this QB race play out with the eyes that matter making the decision and we all get behind whoever it is named the starter!!

Advertisement
Scoop from the Orange Bowl Boys podcast is claiming Jarren is out of the QB race and it’s now between NKosi and Tate. Anything else to back this up?

Man I don’t know who that is but Manny made it clear today that it’s gonna be a three man race which has the starting quarterback and two guys who wanna be the starting quarterback. I hope the best of the three can lead us to win against the TURDS!

1. Manny would never, under any circumstance, say a kid is out of a race at the ACC media days before camp even starts. That's the most obvious thing of all time. Whether he is or isn't, it would NEVER be said at this point publicly.

2. This thread is because a guy named scoop said something on a podcast. I mean, read that back to yourself and think about what you're saying.
The scoop is back?

Advertisement
Man I don’t know who that is but Manny made it clear today that it’s gonna be a three man race which has the starting quarterback and two guys who wanna be the starting quarterback. I hope the best of the three can lead us to win against the TURDS!
Manny ended spring practice, the last time coaches were able to interact with players per NCAA rules, saying all three were equal. Diaz and Enos then said, what they do in the summer counts in re the QB race. Coaches are NOT allowed to interact with players during the summer per NCAA rules. Even blind people can see that coaches KNOW who is doing what during the summer. So the coaches have seen who has been putting in work during the summer. Now with Fall ball right around the corner, the coaches HAVE to say that it's still a 3 man race because the last time they had any knowledge of what the players were doing was Spring Ball. Remember NCAA regs dont permit them to interact with players during the summer so they dont know (wink wink nudge nudge) whos been doing what during the summer.

In closing it doesnt surprise me that its now a 2 man race. Someone didnt do as much as the other 2 during summer.

Doesn't know his *** from his elbow. Stop listening to these podcasts as if they're factual. These are fanboys. And that's fine, we're all fans. But that's his opinion only.

It was shared vaguely on this site by a reliable source that Williams has regressed in several areas this offseason. Would not be surprised if he wasn't here in the long run. TIFWIW.

Manny ended spring practice, the last time coaches were able to interact with players per NCAA rules, saying all three were equal. Diaz and Enos then said, what they do in the summer counts in re the QB race. Coaches are NOT allowed to interact with players during the summer per NCAA rules. Even blind people can see that coaches KNOW who is doing what during the summer. So the coaches have seen who has been putting in work during the summer. Now with Fall ball right around the corner, the coaches HAVE to say that it's still a 3 man race because the last time they had any knowledge of what the players were doing was Spring Ball. Remember NCAA regs dont permit them to interact with players during the summer so they dont know (wink wink nudge nudge) whos been doing what during the summer.

In closing it doesnt surprise me that its now a 2 man race. Someone didnt do as much as the other 2 during summer.
Wow.

Advertisement
Back