James Williams question

Mansell has been saying he did a commit edit that the player has . Just waiting for the player to decide to go public. Bet it's Williams. Wouldn't surprise me after Brinson announced for Miami the pressure went on Williams to go public

EDIT: from Rusty this morning: -Interesting tweet by five-star DB James Williams on Monday night. I have not talked to him recently, but I have heard for a while that UGA is in a good spot here. Scott Cochran is one coach that is recruiting him hard and has been since he came over to the Georgia staff.

So the strength and conditioning coach is recruiting him. I think he is going to be on the field for special teams or something , too
LMAO at Scott Cochran recruiting him, dude is a crazy person with zero coaching experience. LOL screaming 👎🤑🤑 if he picks Georgia. LMAO

Advertisement
LMAO at Scott Cochran recruiting him, dude is a crazy person with zero coaching experience. LOL screaming 👎🤑🤑 if he picks Georgia. LMAO

it's funny. But UGA did give him on field coaching responsibilities. At least publicly. supposedly that was one of the reasons why he left Bama. Saban wouldn't do it. I think they are just putting it out there that Cochran is recruiting him because 1) it's already a done deal ; and 2) to try and make saban look bad...

there's always a reason with everything they do

Cochran moved to Georgia in an on-field capacity. I’m not sure what happened behind the scenes there or why he wanted to make the move from S&C to on field. He had about as much job security as you could get in that role at Bama. I’m not sure of another strength coach in the country with promos and videos that the team would play in the stadium to get the crowd going. He was a legend among their fanbase.

Cochran is Special Teams Coordinator for UGA
. Saban wouldn't give him a shot at on field jobs so supposedly that's why he was looking to go

He isn't a box guy to me. Plays better with space around him and covers a ton of ground. He is athletic enough to play college safety, IMO, but projects best in an Isaiah Simmons role where he plays over the slot, plays some safety and occasionally rushes the passer.

As for his recruitment, talk to me on NSD. I expect this one to have twists and turns like Avantae Williams.

. Saban wouldn't give him a shot at on field jobs so supposedly that's why he was looking to go
That’s why sabag is who he is. He doesn’t make exceptions for no one l guys cutthroat as it gets. Cochran is a big loss for them. I wonder is ole Nicky tried to get moffit on the phone

Advertisement
He isn't a box guy to me. Plays better with space around him and covers a ton of ground. He is athletic enough to play college safety, IMO, but projects best in an Isaiah Simmons role where he plays over the slot, plays some safety and occasionally rushes the passer.

As for his recruitment, talk to me on NSD. I expect this one to have twists and turns like Avantae Williams.
What safeties has Georiga developed and put in the league? I know we tend to miss on these elite 5 star guys but Banda/Diaz have proven they can develop and get guys into the league (Bush, Carter, Jaquan, Redwine, Colbert, etc.)

Guys, does he commit to UGA early or does he wait until national signing day like Tyrique Stevenson? I’d rather he just commit now so we can look at other options.

What safeties has Georiga developed and put in the league? I know we tend to miss on these elite 5 star guys but Banda/Diaz have proven they can develop and get guys into the league (Bush, Carter, Jaquan, Redwine, Colbert, etc.)
Kirby Smart has a whole resume of Bama defenders he can point too. Yeah, those players weren't wearing UGA jerseys but lets not pretend he can't claim them. Just like we're already talking about the two WRs Likens got drafted in the last two first rounds.

Advertisement
-they are paying him
-UGA wins a lot of games and plays *great* defense
-Kirby Smart is behind when it comes to offense but his bread and butter is defense.

If I’m a kid, I’m not staying home to play for 6-7, 7-6 Miami with inept coaches. I’m getting paid and getting developed properly. That’s the cold hard truth. Rumors are Tyrique Stevenson got paid 65-75k to go to UGA. He and family don’t have to worry about bills for 3-4 years, then he gets the big money in the NFL. Who turns that down for Miami?

A crazy person who developed monsters at Alabama and had them physically ready to perform. Look what Gus Felder did (or didn’t do for that matter) to our players.

Advertisement
Never understood why kids of his caliber don't take the cash and still do their own thing. I know they get MORE once they sign that LOI, but I'm sure he will get plenty before he signs. Ah well, lol. Have fun in Athens, kid.

Portal bound.

Yep. He was making $500k+ to be a strength coach at Bama. He was the one that really set a lot of that culture there. It will be interesting how that train keeps moving without him, when he is the guy who really gets the most face time with the players.

Advertisement
Guys, does he commit to UGA early or does he wait until national signing day like Tyrique Stevenson? I’d rather he just commit now so we can look at other options.

You mean go public? It sure seems like it's been a wrap behind the scenes for months

-they are paying him
-UGA wins a lot of games and plays *great* defense
-Kirby Smart is behind when it comes to offense but his bread and butter is defense.

If I’m a kid, I’m not staying home to play for 6-7, 7-6 Miami with inept coaches. I’m getting paid and getting developed properly. That’s the cold hard truth. Rumors are Tyrique Stevenson got paid 65-75k to go to UGA. He and family don’t have to worry about bills for 3-4 years, then he gets the big money in the NFL. Who turns that down for Miami?

that’s it 65k? This town can’t come up with that type of money? Now that you can make money off your likeness, can’t he just make an ad for some auto dealership or something?

Advertisement
Back