James Williams question

AllAboutTheU13

Sophomore
I’ve mostly seen people calling him a safety or something else on defense. I just watched his Hudl tape for the first time and he has incredible agility and ball skills for his size (listed at 6’5” 220lbs). Just out of curiousity, has anyone said he’s considering tight end? With his ball skills and agility, he looks like a superstar tight end prospect to me. Or even a WR in the mold of Calvin Johnson. I know safety is an important position, but when you see a guy with that size/speed/agility combination along with his ball skills, you gotta get the ball in his hands on offense, in my opinion. I read that he runs a 4.5-4.6 currently. What a freak athlete.

And before everyone jumps on me - yes, I know he’s probably going to Jawja.

Advertisement
I’ve mostly seen people calling him a safety or something else on defense. I just watched his Hudl tape for the first time and he has incredible agility and ball skills for his size (listed at 6’5” 220lbs). Just out of curiousity, has anyone said he’s considering tight end? With his ball skills and agility, he looks like a superstar tight end prospect to me. Or even a WR in the mold of Calvin Johnson. I know safety is an important position, but when you see a guy with that size/speed/agility combination along with his ball skills, you gotta get the ball in his hands on offense, in my opinion. I read that he runs a 4.5-4.6 currently. What a freak athlete.

kid 10000000000% wants to play safety and isn’t going to any school that says otherwise.

that being said dude is going to grow out of safety I would imagine

Advertisement
I know it’s kind of a board joke to call everybody a striker but I think he could excel in a position like that. Plenty of size to be physical in the run game but athletic enough to play in space and cover. Whatever the position, it would be great to add him to the team. With the south Florida momentum building in this class, if we get hit on the field, anything can happen.

You probably won’t get a direct answer or maybe people here don’t know, but decent question. Actually made me think about it. And I haven’t heard or read anything about him considering tight end.

Jawja - nice!

Advertisement
I know it’s kind of a board joke to call everybody a striker but I think he could excel in a position like that. Plenty of size to be physical in the run game but athletic enough to play in space and cover. Whatever the position, it would be great to add him to the team. With the south Florida momentum building in this class, if we get hit on the field, anything can happen.

Him in the striker role would be interesting. He can play the role as we know it but also add more versatility to the defense in terms of dropping into coverage and not being a liability downfield or in space.

He has basically shut down every school that has pitched him playing something other than safety. Do I think long-term he stays at safety probably not, but for a player with his size and athleticism you tell him whatever he wants to hear to get him here.

He has basically shut down every school that has pitched him playing something other than safety. Do I think long-term he stays at safety probably not, but for a player with his size and athleticism you tell him whatever he wants to hear to get him here.
Him and Tae on the back end is definitely intriguing.

Advertisement
Haven’t seen enough of him to know if he has the hips and timing to be a centerfield safety type. But in the box/striker type? Yup.

Advertisement
Yes Jawja has been selling him on being the next Sean Taylor and he’s eating it up. Why not be the next Sean Taylor at.....the school Sean Taylor played at? I have no idea lol but I agree, tell him whatever he wants to hear. Like Sean Taylor, he is such a freak athlete that he’ll dominate at any position he plays. I just think his ball skills are too good to not be a weapon on offense.

I think his position will ultimately come from his capacity to learn the scheme. He has the physical ability to have position flexibility. If he’s able to learn the responsibilities of striker and both safety spots by his second year we’ll see him all over the field. The Mind is what will unlock this kids true potential but learning a system inside and out is no easy task. I would leverage the Ed Reed component in his recruitment. Not only will you have your position coach and head coach to help you out, you’ll have the greatest safety of all time at your disposal to take your mind to the next level ultimately preparing you for the NFL.

Advertisement
Back