James Williams question

Advertisement
The one time I seen him play in the box (@ LB) he looked like he wanted no part of it. He looked very timid, I was surprised.

Inside the box, between the tackles, is where grown a$$ men play. That **** is way different than playing deep or in the flats.

I could end up being wrong but I'm thinking he's the type who wants to stay out of the mayhem within the box.

I know he didn't like the role that Diaz and Baker envisioned him in... and I bet it was Striker.
Do you know what game? I wanna see if I can find film of it.

I just read this whole thread about my brother and nobody on here sounds like a coach I would want to play for because first of all, y’all fans and overall can’t open y’all mind up and be innovative. Basically everybody on here want him to play ONE position. Y’all comparing him to Isaiah Simmons..... Ion See it and he dont either. I see ST26 all over again

Advertisement
Block is getting hotter!
78EEBE5C-3750-4E90-9618-6AAE9DF8DEFD.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
yep. I think the recent commits have Williams thinking....

Right now, I think it's about local kids cheering on their tribe. It only turns into a wave if we WIN. There will always be kids who want to get out. But if we are regularly in the ACCCG and BCS or New Years Bowls, the majority of the So Florida kids will stay home.

Even under Golden and Manny we've gotten 2-4 of the top 10 (but usually from the bottom 7 of the top 10), 5-7 of the top 20 in the tri-county. IMO, if we string together a couple of Top 10 runs, we get 5-7 of the Top 10 and 10-14 of the top 20 in the tri-county, even with us turning away some kids due to character or available spots.

The one time I seen him play in the box (@ LB) he looked like he wanted no part of it. He looked very timid, I was surprised.

Inside the box, between the tackles, is where grown a$$ men play. That **** is way different than playing deep or in the flats.

I could end up being wrong but I'm thinking he's the type who wants to stay out of the mayhem within the box.

I know he didn't like the role that Diaz and Baker envisioned him in... and I bet it was Striker.

I remember i told him he wold be a de..the look he gave lmao.

Yea he isnt with it right now..not saying he cant play it...but that isnt his mindset..hes been in the back end so long that ..that what they like. You know down here in south florida **** near every kid wants to be a "safety". Feel its the money position and they can stay out the frey and just collect picks...until...well they hit realistic passing schemes and have to play "safety".

I remember kenny Phillips playing 30 yds off the ball as the singe high safety at carol city lmao.

I personally would move him all over the field..from Striker to the back end, to sending him on blitzes. **** creat a package just for his play type. If we win alot of games this season we got a slight chance, ive always held that position.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know we will make the numbers work but how will it look if we land Kinchens and Williams with us being so limited in numbers

He’s not a striker, he’s not a LB, he’s not a safety. He’s a weapon. You scheme ways to best utilize a weapon. If they were smart they would make him a box safety that acts as a 4th backer or use him as their the 3rd “backer” when in a pass coverage set and use him to coverage tight ends. That doesn’t have a position because it’s usually played by multiple people at multiple positions. Essentially a hybrid safety instead of a hybrid LB like Striker and line him up all over the field in Isaiah Simmons-esque mold BUT lean towards more coverage responsibilities.

Advertisement
Back