James Williams question

Advertisement
Would absolutely love James in the class prospects and glad he’s got us still in his Top 5. A combo of bags and guaranteeing playing safety makes Jawja had to contend with but if we can get the local players plus the class ambassador (Khalil?) to keep up the pressure I have seen funnier things occur before regarding recruiting.

Yes Jawja has been selling him on being the next Sean Taylor and he’s eating it up. Why not be the next Sean Taylor at.....the school Sean Taylor played at? I have no idea lol but I agree, tell him whatever he wants to hear. Like Sean Taylor, he is such a freak athlete that he’ll dominate at any position he plays. I just think his ball skills are too good to not be a weapon on offense.
Everybody's the next Sean Taylor or the next Percy Harvin.

I'm yet to see it.

I think his position will ultimately come from his capacity to learn the scheme. He has the physical ability to have position flexibility. If he’s able to learn the responsibilities of striker and both safety spots by his second year we’ll see him all over the field. The Mind is what will unlock this kids true potential but learning a system inside and out is no easy task. I would leverage the Ed Reed component in his recruitment. Not only will you have your position coach and head coach to help you out, you’ll have the greatest safety of all time at your disposal to take your mind to the next level ultimately preparing you for the NFL.

If im Diaz, i put E Reed all over his recruitment. Were at the table, SEAL THE DEAL!

Advertisement
Hester the CB / WR? Or Hester the K/PR?

'Cos we won't see another like Hester returning kicks again - at least not in the pros.
Returner.
I was talking to my boy at work about mj and how after he retired how many dudes were called the next mj and that sht hasn’t happened.
We have so many **** goats that passed through our program that we keep looking for their replacements. Cortez, ER, edge, Mcdougle, Sapp, etc etc
When you really look back it almost seems like a fictional story about some imaginary team. If Miami was a soccer team It would be freaking Barcelona or the Brazilian national team.

Advertisement
His money position will be a 3/4 OLB if he gets up to 240-250 range. Just like Ray Ray. But in CFB he could get away with playing a in the box safety position

Him and Tae on the back end is definitely intriguing.
I 100% agree, I had another thought regarding Williams. Miami should bring him in as a safety because that’s what he wants, but they shouldn’t be afraid to use him in special packages on offense.

Dallas played Deion both ways on occasion, Minnesota used to throw Moss out as an extra FS whenever they were expecting a Hail Mary, and I don’t like referencing Oh St. but they used Chris Gamble every way they could in 2002.

Advertisement
The one time I seen him play in the box (@ LB) he looked like he wanted no part of it. He looked very timid, I was surprised.

Inside the box, between the tackles, is where grown a$$ men play. That **** is way different than playing deep or in the flats.

I could end up being wrong but I'm thinking he's the type who wants to stay out of the mayhem within the box.

I know he didn't like the role that Diaz and Baker envisioned him in... and I bet it was Striker.

Advertisement
I 100% agree, I had another thought regarding Williams. Miami should bring him in as a safety because that’s what he wants, but they shouldn’t be afraid to use him in special packages on offense.

Dallas played Deion both ways on occasion, Minnesota used to throw Moss out as an extra FS whenever they were expecting a Hail Mary, and I don’t like referencing Oh St. but they used Chris Gamble every way they could in 2002.
Innovative

The one time I seen him play in the box (@ LB) he looked like he wanted no part of it. He looked very timid, I was surprised.

Inside the box, between the tackles, is where grown a$$ men play. That **** is way different than playing deep or in the flats.

I could end up being wrong but I'm thinking he's the type who wants to stay out of the mayhem within the box.

I know he didn't like the role that Diaz and Baker envisioned him in... and I bet it was Striker.
Where do this info be coming from , and what game you see him shy away from contact in the box

What u think about him in a 3/4 OLB role?

Advertisement
Back