James Stravridis Will be the Next Miami President YAY!!!!

He is a candidate and one of the higher ones, but nobody has been selected yet and a lot more work is being done by the committee before they select their choice. He would make the law school elite like how Donna made the medical school elite.

He is apparently friends with Butch Davis.

The Butch part is great.
What are some other names you've been hearing. People say Condi but that seems like a pipe dream

Advertisement
He is a candidate and one of the higher ones, but nobody has been selected yet and a lot more work is being done by the committee before they select their choice. He would make the law school elite like how Donna made the medical school elite.

Any friend of Butch is a friend of mine.

The decision is not expected for another 2-3 months.

Lol no chance they'd let Condi have the job.

Think she'd be an awesome candidate but her political beliefs don't line up with the BOT.

Maybe this is why BUTCH is hedging himself openly for the coaching position already. Butch knows what's up & is just waiting for the call.

So after signing day? Great. Butch wouldn't have a chance to salvage the 2015 glass.

Advertisement

The Butch part is great.
What are some other names you've been hearing. People say Condi but that seems like a pipe dream

Condi was too far right and Texas outbid us. We did gauge her interest.

I heard John Kerry was floated out, Sylvia Matthews Burrell, David Levi, Gregory Maggs, Eric Neilson, Thomas Lawley, and a lot more but that's all I can really give.

So after signing day? Great. Butch wouldn't have a chance to salvage the 2015 glass.

Homie they are in no rush. I can tell you one thing, the search committee has the alumni center booked for meetings through June. They aren't rushing this. They probably don't want it to take that long but if they have to they will. 2-3 months at the earliest is what I was told.

Would be interested to know what kind of a CO he was on the USS Barry. I don't care what his bosses at DESRON 2 (ADCON)/DESRON 26 (OPCON) thought of him; obviously, he got high marks. No, I want to know what the Senior Chiefs and Chiefs thought of him and how he handled discipline on the ship. Were sailors given some leeway in errors in judgement or deportment or was he a Captain's Mast maniac (Article 15 to USA/USAF types, Office Hours to you USMC Leathernecks)? This would tell us a lot about how he would view indiscretions like AQM's in a different light (and would tell long overdue to be moved Pat Whitely to get a permanent job with NASPA) or be even more strict discipline focused.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Barry_(DDG-52)

Last edited:
Advertisement

The Butch part is great.

I heard John Kerry was floated out, Sylvia Matthews Burrell, David Levi, Gregory Maggs, Eric Neilson, Thomas Lawley, and a lot more but that's all I can really give.

John Kerry? and you guys wonder why the **** we do some of the things we do? Smh

The Butch part is great.

John Kerry? �� and you guys wonder why the **** we do some of the things we do? Smh

Not endorsing him as a candidate but the fundraising and high profile academics he would bring would be ungodly. We would finally be that top 30 school.

And athletics would blow even more ***.

The Butch part is great.

Kerry and Sylvia Matthews Burrell are talking point disasters, not leaders. The others I will have to research...

John Kerry is a clueless ******* nitwit. Burrell sounds like a Shalala clone, just not as hideous to look at. Maggs, Levi and Lawley are interesting candidates.

Advertisement

The Butch part is great.

John Kerry? �� and you guys wonder why the **** we do some of the things we do? Smh

Not endorsing him as a candidate but the fundraising and high profile academics he would bring would be ungodly. We would finally be that top 30 school.

And athletics would blow even more ***.

Correction, Theresa Heinz Kerry's fundraising, unless you count all the dicta, er, "Foreign Leaders" who owe him favors.

Sorry, he is a two-faced clown; from throwing away his few service medals (not decorations) as a Vietnam war protester to this:

[video=youtube;Y0BtqtTVNHg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0BtqtTVNHg[/video]

Hope someone like this guy gets the job. A career military man isn't going to tolerate the disorganized and chaotic BS that has defined this school forever.

I went and researched this guy.

Would be a massive fail of a hire.

MASSIVE FAIL!!!!!

why

I typed out a well thought out and researched response and your fvckingn cookies logged me out before I hit reply. So fvck it.

In short he's never EVER run a real university. All of our legit rivals have presidents that had real experience. So much more to add, but fvck this 10 minute auto logout *********.

Advertisement

MASSIVE FAIL!!!!!

why

I typed out a well thought out and researched response and your fvckingn cookies logged me out before I hit reply. So fvck it.

In short he's never EVER run a real university. All of our legit rivals have presidents that had real experience. So much more to add, but fvck this 10 minute auto logout *********.

10 minute auto logout?? I feel like I only need to login to this site once a month at most.

MASSIVE FAIL!!!!!

why

10 minute auto logout?? I feel like I only need to login to this site once a month at most.

That's great bro. Login isn't the problem here.

... PLEASE read the whole article the man is sending a message already http://www.themiamihurricane.com/2014/11/16/admiral-transitions-to-academia/

"JGS: First, you have to listen before you leap into action. The second is that you have to, as I mentioned before, achieve a consensus, which means building teams. The third is that you have to inspire people you; you have to create a vision of where you want to take your enterprise and what you want to accomplish. And then fourthly, I think a great similarity, is that you have to execute. It’s terrific to build teams and have great ideas but at the end of the day you have to execute like an operator and that requires a discipline and focus and frankly it’s a lot of hard work."

Very interesting...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back