James Stravridis Will be the Next Miami President YAY!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hmmm. That brings some cred to OP. Or at least to sfbaycane's original post back on 12-19

Im a non-UM alum, so I tend to keep arms distance from the academic related issues surrounding UM athletics, but here is my best read on this: Donna's forte' is that of a fund raiser. She's clearly been the most successful fund raiser in UM history. That said, she has chosen to fill key department head positions at UM with her personal pets and other "yes men" types who will maintain loyalty to her. Consequently, UM has lots of problems within their management structure. Donna only seems interested in her legacy, which is the medical school.

So UM's Board of Trustee search committee is looking for a strong tactical manager who can clean up donna's numerous messes. Admiral Stravridis is certainly that type of guy. Im hoping this guy starts with the athletic department and not the school of architecture.

Advertisement
Hiring from within is unsettling to say the least.

Like the military angle, maybe he'll have some actual pride.

https://twitter.com/stavridisj

Follow along...If you like. Lots of Flag officer bable. It will play well with the CFR crowd as a University president, but his experience running a ship as the CO will be what he needs to tap into to prevent the university from foundering on the rocks of the medical cash drain and Athletic Department self-destruction.

Oh, and maybe an NROTC unit...

Hmmm. That brings some cred to OP. Or at least to sfbaycane's original post back on 12-19

Im a non-UM alum, so I tend to keep arms distance from the academic related issues surrounding UM athletics, but here is my best read on this: Donna's forte' is that of a fund raiser. She's clearly been the most successful fund raiser in UM history. That said, she has chosen to fill key department head positions at UM with her personal pets and other "yes men" types who will maintain loyalty to her. Consequently, UM has lots of problems within their management structure. Donna only seems interested in her legacy, which is the medical school.

So UM's Board of Trustee search committee is looking for a strong tactical manager who can clean up donna's numerous messes. Admiral Stravridis is certainly that type of guy. Im hoping this guy starts with the athletic department and not the school of architecture.

All that fundraising and we can't pay this suckas buyout?!?

Advertisement
Someone tell me canedynasty or archer or butch heads, is this guy a butch guy or football guy. Or is this a wifi digital coloring books part two prez?

My friend Elmo posted on this guy's FB page, so I guess my friend is in personal contact. That makes him an insider. I'll let you know what we find out.

So, I guess we won't have Donna to get involved in coaching anymore, meddling on the sideline (I saw her wearing headphones during Randy's tenure).

Advertisement
He is a candidate and one of the higher ones, but nobody has been selected yet and a lot more work is being done by the committee before they select their choice. He would make the law school elite like how Donna made the medical school elite.

He is apparently friends with Butch Davis.

He is a candidate and one of the higher ones, but nobody has been selected yet and a lot more work is being done by the committee before they select their choice. He would make the law school elite like how Donna made the medical school elite.

He is apparently friends with Butch Davis.

SOLD!

Advertisement
Back