Rumor Jake Garcia to Nebraska

I said In spring and fall Tvd would be number two. You can check the receipts. He was the better player in the scrimmages and the more consistent of the two in spring / fall. At no point did anyone think Garcia was winning the backup job. Never.
I’m assuming he was throwing **** missiles in practice but the first few times he took live bullets in games he was aiming the ball and short arming every throw.

Advertisement
Unless I missed something, is there any indication Jake is seriously considering transferring to Nebraska, or anywhere, past Manny N mentioning in passing at the end of a podcast that Nebraska might go after him?

When a QB transfers...he either stinks and isn't that good...or he is good (maybe very good)...but the guy ahead of him is also a varying degree of good.

It happens. Hot take, I know.

I wish he'd stick around, but if he wants to play, he wants to play. Nature of the position.

I’m assuming he was throwing **** missiles in practice but the first few times he took live bullets in games he was aiming the ball and short arming every throw.

A few scraps here and there late in blowouts isn’t exactly much to go on. Fact is most people here said tvd would leave and Garcia was Jesus. Some folks still can’t accept maybe that the other guy is him. Tvd has shown Lashlee was right.

Advertisement
A few scraps here and there late in blowouts isn’t exactly much to go on. Fact is most people here said tvd would leave and Garcia was Jesus. Some folks still can’t accept maybe that the other guy is him. Tvd has shown Lashlee was right.
I meant his first two starts. He was a completely different player from NC state on

I said In spring and fall Tvd would be number two. You can check the receipts. He was the better player in the scrimmages and the more consistent of the two in spring / fall. At no point did anyone think Garcia was winning the backup job. Never.

I remember. And I believed. There was a lot of delusion going on in the spring on this site about who was ahead of who.

your only comments about tvd is that he made the safe plays as opposed to garcia with the big chunk plays. at no point did garcia lead anything.

Advertisement
He had surgery on his ankle.

I wasn’t aware of the surgery, if he had surgery then this was just not a simple sprained ankle. To resort to surgery he must’ve had complete ligament tears and total ankle instability. I’m not a doctor nor an orthopedic surgeon, but I know that to have to get surgery on an ankle it’s got to be like a grade 3+ type sprain. I mean literally your ankle ligaments are shredded

Unless I missed something, is there any indication Jake is seriously considering transferring to Nebraska, or anywhere, past Manny N mentioning in passing at the end of a podcast that Nebraska might go after him?
Yes we have rock solid info from a poster who is friends with a guy who is friends with a Nebraska booster who says because Jake’s dad played there he MAY transfer there but even if he doesn’t, he’s transferring. Don’t know why anyone doubts the info....

Advertisement
Garcia and not even close. I watched them both play in high school. Brown has a chance to be great because of his athleticism but his mechanics are not good right now.

I love Brown‘s potential, but he needs at least a full season of instruction and college seasoning before he can be considered a candidate to be a starter, just my opinion of course

Garcia was the better QB in the spring. He’s supposedly better than TVD. TVD was No. 2 via seniority. Look I’m gonna be real here. Jake knows TVD is gone after this year and he also knows that he’s gonna be handed the keys to a built team.

The notion of him leaving is retarded. @Cribby can tell y’all himself. He loves it here.
I hope TVD doesn’t leave at the end of this year. I don’t see how that is such a slam dunk with a qb.

Advertisement
I meant his first two starts. He was a completely different player from NC state on
His first start he was **** hear perfect. A drop is what gave him first incompletion in the third quarter. Crappy competition but he was dropping deep ball dimes just like he did most of the year. UVA and UNC he struggled early but balled out late almost leading furious comebacks. Unfortunate stuff happened late but still.

That’s why I kept saying we have something here when others were saying he’s trash or not it. It’s also ironic his performances got better as the ol improved, funny how that works. If King ( healthy) had the ol playing like it was in the second half of the year he’d put up good numbers too. Not Tvd type numbers , but good.

A high majority of first time starters struggle early or at some point during the year, even in today’s offensive slanted game.

Fact of the matter he was the better , more consistent option in spring then fall. and he showed it when he had his chance.

this. +100

check my receipts as well. they include the analysis of TVD going back to when both Roman and I were posting on TVD after he signed. he was, and is, the real deal.

this is not a knock on Garcia, who is really talented, but the narrative that TVD only became no. 2 because Jake was hurt, just needs to stop. forever.

your only comments about tvd is that he made the safe plays as opposed to garcia with the big chunk plays. at no point did garcia lead anything.

I got trolled on here by multiple posters for saying TVD was the more consistent of the two and would be the backup . I always had it even or close but after the fall scrimmages I said he’d be the two. Then the assault started lol.

I also said he’d start the game after King was hurt. Did Jake make it close in fall? Yes , to the point the scrimmages could’ve swung it the other way. Point remains TVD was always the number two , as bad as that hurts some people.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back