Rumor Jake Garcia to Nebraska

This argument about Jake versus Tyler has no merit. Circumstances have dictated that TVD is now our starting quarterback. It makes NO sense to continually argue that Jake is the better QB. As proof....look at TVD's record so far. To say Jake would have done better is totally bogus!

Not at all. You have zero proof that it is bogus because it can't possibly be proven. You just have to argue why it's untrue, and TVD's record simply isin't enough. Accept that you cannot disprove everything you want with no evidence.

Advertisement
I got trolled on here by multiple posters for saying TVD was the more consistent of the two and would be the backup . I always had it even or close but after the fall scrimmages I said he’d be the two. Then the assault started lol.

I also said he’d start the game after King was hurt. Did Jake make it close in fall? Yes , to the point the scrimmages could’ve swung it the other way. Point remains TVD was always the number two , as bad as that hurts some people.
Most of the fascination with Garcia here is literally over a handful of passes against 3rd stringers and walk-ons in the spring game. Seriously. He's a great talent and I hope he sticks around to follow TVD but that's really why posters here wanted him over TVD.

From August

CE47EFAC-B995-4616-9AE1-E6B23747CC99.png

Not at all. You have zero proof that it is bogus because it can't possibly be proven. You just have to argue why it's untrue, and TVD's record simply isin't enough. Accept that you cannot disprove everything you want with no evidence.
I'm no lawyer or philosopher but I do know one thing. I saw TVD perform with my own two eyes and I seriously doubt that Garcia would have over 300 yards plus 3 TDs in six consecutive games. I watched both the spring games AND the scrimmage before the season started and nothing I saw from Garcia made ne believe he would have done better than TVD. I did not make a claim in court nor a philosophical claim. Like the wise man said "I calls 'em as I see 'em". To my eyes TVD is better.

Now, to take it one step further, let's look at one other thing.....TVD managed to pull this team together and play as if they could win them all. As many on this board say.....he has the IT factor. Maybe Garcia has that too but as I said.....circumstances did not allow us to witness that.

I am now done with this conversation. Too old to give a **** about proving anything!

Advertisement
Anyone crying for Garcia over TVD needs to have their head checked. García would be wise to wait his turn. You go to Lincoln and it will be a disaster for your career.

I'm no lawyer or philosopher but I do know one thing. I saw TVD perform with my own two eyes and I seriously doubt that Garcia would have over 300 yards plus 3 TDs in six consecutive games. I watched both the spring games AND the scrimmage before the season started and nothing I saw from Garcia made ne believe he would have done better than TVD. I did not make a claim in court nor a philosophical claim. Like the wise man said "I calls 'em as I see 'em". To my eyes TVD is better.

Now, to take it one step further, let's look at one other thing.....TVD managed to pull this team together and play as if they could win them all. As many on this board say.....he has the IT factor. Maybe Garcia has that too but as I said.....circumstances did not allow us to witness that.

I am now done with this conversation. Too old to give a **** about proving anything!

Yea fine,...it's really not that important. Just try to stay away from speaking in absolutes about kids that we simply havent seen enough of yet.

Advertisement
Garcia and not even close. I watched them both play in high school. Brown has a chance to be great because of his athleticism but his mechanics are not good right now.
Thanks. What I thought.

A HS QB with poor mechanics, who lacks touch and accuracy is nothing more than a project, regardless of how many "stars" he's received. Used to be QBs who could not improve enough ended getting switched to another position; likely no longer true with the portal.

Ethenic Sands comes to mind. 2x starting QB (great athlete running the option) on Carol City state champs who became a valuable returner/receiver at UM.

Anyone crying for Garcia over TVD needs to have their head checked. García would be wise to wait his turn. You go to Lincoln and it will be a disaster for your career.
We are just concerned about GARCIA should not transferring to another team. He should wait his turn. Manhow college football changed

Hopefully he stays. I think he can be good here. If TVD does well he'll leave early, then he could be the guy for a year or two, and then we got Jacurri....

But just saying nobody should hold their breathe on that...

I got trolled on here by multiple posters for saying TVD was the more consistent of the two and would be the backup . I always had it even or close but after the fall scrimmages I said he’d be the two. Then the assault started lol.

I also said he’d start the game after King was hurt. Did Jake make it close in fall? Yes , to the point the scrimmages could’ve swung it the other way. Point remains TVD was always the number two , as bad as that hurts some people.

You are absolutely correct. There were PLENTY of Garcia fanboys who would absolutely trash any poster that even suggested that TVD had earned the edge as our second-stringer.

Because, you know, Spring Game...

Advertisement
It’s amazing that a bunch of posters that have been on here forever with not that many posts want to aggressively pursue this thread despite the plethora of more factual and relevant topics on this site.
I’m questioning a lot fan cards right now.

It’s amazing that a bunch of posters that have been on here forever want to aggressively pursue this thread despite the plethora of more factual and relevant topics on this site.
I’m questioning a lot fan cards right now.

Have you considered reverse psychology? After numerous requests to the Maudes to lock the thread, maybe now we are trying to keep it at the top of the page until a Maude gets angry enough to lock it...

Advertisement
Thanks. What I thought.

A HS QB with poor mechanics, who lacks touch and accuracy is nothing more than a project, regardless of how many "stars" he's received. Used to be QBs who could not improve enough ended getting switched to another position; likely no longer true with the portal.

Ethenic Sands comes to mind. 2x starting QB (great athlete running the option) on Carol City state champs who became a valuable returner/receiver at UM.
Insane to think Miami had Sands, an option QB, as the backup to Dorsey in 2000.

Advertisement
Back