Jake Garcia in spring

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
We got one of our biggest commitments when Jake decided to come back and compete instead of transferring. He has flashed every time he’s played. Quick thinker with easy throwing ability.

Excited to see how he looks in spring.

Advertisement
At the very least, García is one play away from being given the keys. At the very worse, he needs to sit one season behind a possible 1st Rounder. García staying is a very smart move. Hopefully, he puts in the work.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just a theory, but after being a bit of a football vagabond the last couple of years, I think he wanted a place to settle in and just be a college kid. Have fun, make friends, be a part of a program long-term, etc

He seems to enjoy Miami and being a Hurricane...

Advertisement
Just a theory, but after being a bit of a football vagabond the last couple of years, I think he wanted a place to settle in and just be a college kid. Have fun, make friends, be a part of a program long-term, etc

He seems to enjoy Miami and being a Hurricane...
Yes, and perhaps he saw how Van Dyke got an opportunity after King was injured. I’m sure Garcia is rooting for an injury to TVD but he knows he’s ‘one play away’ and sees what is being built around him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Crazy how if King doesn't get hurt, this would be a full blown QB competition till August. Jake has such a star personality I hope he stays and takes over next year.
Facts TVD earned his spot but I was on team Jake people need to go back an watch the spring game last year he lit it up! His confidence and command of the offense was amazing especially being he was a early enrollee! Quick decisions a leader! Jake is gonna light it up when he gets his chance! Imo he's going to be better than TVD! Having 2 qbs that can ball is good to see! Can't wait to see the spring game Garcia is gonna remind everyone he's the **** too!

Advertisement
Back