Jake Garcia in spring

Facts TVD earned his spot but I was on team Jake people need to go back an watch the spring game last year he lit it up! His confidence and command of the offense was amazing especially being he was a early enrollee! Quick decisions a leader! Jake is gonna light it up when he gets his chance! Imo he's going to be better than TVD! Having 2 qbs that can ball is good to see! Can't wait to see the spring game Garcia is gonna remind everyone he's the **** too!
Lighting up a Spring Game means nothing in the Grand scheme of things....

Advertisement
Garcia has all the tools and it's understandable being excited about seeing what he can do. But TVD has proven himself vs live bullets, taking hits, stepping into throws knowing he's gonna get hit, etc and Jake for the most part had his spring game to hang his hat on which is glorified 7 on 7 action. TVD is the guy. Everything is setting up nicely for Jake to be the guy in 2023 and patience is needed.

As the #1 promoter for Garcia as QB I have watched all the limited videos of him there are. 1. He reads the defense quickly. 2. He's very accurate at all levels. 3. Has a quick release. 4. Excellent pocket presence, keeps eyes downfield and doesn't panic. 5. Can run very well. 6. Doesn't need to put a lot of air on his deep passes which doesn't give DB's a chance to make up ground.

Kid has skills "similar" to Aaron Rodgers.

Advertisement
As the #1 promoter for Garcia as QB I have watched all the limited videos of him there are. 1. He reads the defense quickly. 2. He's very accurate at all levels. 3. Has a quick release. 4. Excellent pocket presence, keeps eyes downfield and doesn't panic. 5. Can run very well. 6. Doesn't need to put a lot of air on his deep passes which doesn't give DB's a chance to make up ground.

Kid has skills "similar" to Aaron Rodgers.
I'm also a huge fan of Garcia. In the spring game last year you could tell that he was just a bit too rushed but that was his 1st spring as a true freshman. He is going to be an excellent QB but for right now, Van Dyke is the man and deservedly so.

He will transfer imo eventually that was my prediction when he signed. TVD ain't going no where for another two seasons.
I really hope he doesn't, but you never know these days. Kinda depends on who is advising him. I'm excited to see him this Spring, but then again, if he has a big Spring that could make him enticing to schools that need a QB. Let's not pretend like there won't be schools tampering.

Advertisement
I really hope he doesn't, but you never know these days. Kinda depends on who is advising him. I'm excited to see him this Spring, but then again, if he has a big Spring that could make him enticing to schools that need a QB. Let's not pretend like there won't be schools tampering.
I never liked him as a qb prospect but thats just me so it wouldnt bother me. If he became amazing and did it at another school then I would be wrong and mad about it lol. But I dont think its a huge loss, if somehow we got that 5 star QB from Cali Garcia never steps foot on that field 100

TVD showed out last year. But, anyone that's played football knows that things are just a little bit different when you're playing with house $$$....no pressure and playing loose is extremely important at the QB position.

Imo the 1st pressure packed game TVD had where he was SUPPOSED to win was vs FSU....and he showed grit to lead us back but that game was an example of when the house $$$ model was nonexistent and you are expected to get the W.

I think Gattis needs to throw the full playbook at TVD and not spoon feed him like Lashlee initially tried to do. This kid is super smart and can handle it.

Advertisement
TVD showed out last year. But, anyone that's played football knows that things are just a little bit different when you're playing with house $$$....no pressure and playing loose is extremely important at the QB position.

Imo the 1st pressure packed game TVD had where he was SUPPOSED to win was vs FSU....and he showed grit to lead us back but that game was an example of when the house $$$ model was nonexistent and you are expected to get the W.

I think Gattis needs to throw the full playbook at TVD and not spoon feed him like Lashlee initially tried to do. This kid is super smart and can handle it.
Gattis is trying to get a P5 HC (or NFL OC) job next season this is probably a one and done for him In his head….

He’s gonna make sure TVD looks like a star is firing on all cylinders…. If he’s smart he makes sure to incorporate plenty of the things that made TVD successful last year with some air raid principles while fitting his own offense in.

There were “rumors” that Jake was looking around but nothing concrete ever came out. His parents bought a house in Miami when he signed with us. I think that’s a pretty strong indicator that he wasn’t ever going to leave. But Ruiz made it worth his while to stick around as well just in case. Excited to see what he can do after TVD lights things up for us and moves on. Hopefully Jake carries the torch well

"Garcia, a nationally heralded recruit when he signed with Miami heading into the 2021 season, has signed a two-year contract worth $60,000 ($5000 a month) in 2022 and $85,000 ($7083 a month) in 2023, which has been approved by UM, his marketing agent, Malki Kawa, told the Miami Herald on Thursday. (Jan 21, 2022)"

I think we're safe. Kid is living it up & knows he's next. Thank you Mr. Ruiz!

Advertisement
Gattis is trying to get a P5 HC (or NFL OC) job next season this is probably a one and done for him In his head….

He’s gonna make sure TVD looks like a star is firing on all cylinders…. If he’s smart he makes sure to incorporate plenty of the things that made TVD successful last year with some air raid principles while fitting his own offense in.
You sure about that because i haven't heard that! Is that your opinion or post where you seen that at?

I know TVD is QB1 but I hate when people try to make it seem like he’s sooo much better than Jake. Let’s remember…. it was a competition till Jake got hurt. If Jake doesn’t get hurt who knows what happens. It just happens that tvd ran with his opportunity. Which put us in a great position. We should have two back to back nfl draft picks.

Advertisement
Back