Jaelan Phillips-5 Star UCLA transfer

Ok not to high jack a thread but I wanted to point something out when it comes to recruiting trends.

We could have had all the STA kids at Miami had we been more patient with J.Davis and not turned down J. Brown. Those kids were all coming from an elite program and showed interest in playing together. That pipeline unraveled as the kids got in eachothers heads and our season fell apart.

Similar to Carol city, we had that place locked down until this season. We weren’t making their top guys priorities and it left us with nothing. These kids from top high schools want to play together.

These Vegas kids are recruiting each other more so than our coaches are recruiting them. It’s great to see but hopefully the staff recognizes why.

Just my two cents. Would love to hear others opinions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ok not to high jack a thread but I wanted to point something out when it comes to recruiting trends.

We could have had all the STA kids at Miami had we been more patient with J.Davis and not turned down J. Brown. Those kids were all coming from an elite program and showed interest in playing together. That pipeline unraveled as the kids got in eachothers heads and our season fell apart.

Similar to Carol city, we had that place locked down until this season. We weren’t making their top guys priorities and it left us with nothing. These kids from top high schools want to play together.

These Vegas kids are recruiting each other more so than our coaches are recruiting them. It’s great to see but hopefully the staff recognizes why.

Not saying you don't have valid points but for every instance like the ones you mention there are countless other ones where we've made kids and schools and even high school coaches "priorities" and they still **** on us and clowned us in the end.

The notion of an actual perennial "pipeline school" to UM in Broward or Dade is always more of a goal than an achievable reality, imo.

I think we aim to dominate the entire local area in recruiting without over-relying on specific schools (as much as you can do that, obviously. STA and others are always going to be churning our talent).

Advertisement

Jordan, Martell and Bolden are bonafide studs.

Jaden Davis, Jahmar Brown, NayQuan Wright, Samuel Jr. are fringe takes at best.

You want the staff to offer players based on their school rather than their talent level? No thanks.

Advertisement
Heard the same. We are interested but still doing due diligence.

If he’s healthy and there are no red flags, I would expect him here. But we are still investigating.
Is there enough money or scholarships for both him and Hill? Or is it one over the other?

Advertisement
Back