Jadon Haselwood

Sure. Take things out of context. This is about recruiting and development. Your comment is just asinine. This is year 3. We have 2 redshirt freshman and a true freshman in the pipeline. You think it's magic or that the freshman are trash because they haven't beat out a guy that's been in the program for 4 years? You need to check yourself and get some realistic expectations on the process. QB and O-line are the hardest positions to develop. It takes time. The players have to mature mentally and physically. We are in a good place for both. Most QBs don't do a thing until their junior year. There are a few exceptions.

Bottom line is you have unrealistic expectations. It's like an NFL team drafting a #1 QB and all the fans expecting him to take them to the playoffs year one, but then think he and the coaches are trash because he hasn't beat out the veteran that's been in the league multiple years.

Come on. Keep it real!!!

Find where I said “they are trash” and I’ll send you $500. Find where I said anyone is trash.
I wasn’t just highlighting you calling them very good.
But ok, cool.

Advertisement
In year 2 with rosier we went on a 10 game win streak and he broke Miami’s record at qb, with ROSIER

Who cares? Rosier is a gutty kid and we can do worse...and Richt's play calling and job on offense put up some nice overall stats. And I love what Rosier's done for Miami football. But the game isn't played on a stats sheet. In a balanced offense though, Miami needs to do a lot better at QB to win it, at least for now until the talent gets all the way up in the power running game.

This just in people...MALIK ROSIER (who will forever be THE MAN) for his performance vs. FSU cannot hit the broad side of a barn!

Last edited:
But we turned down a 5 star receiver in Grimes to show kids you only get one shot. I'll be honest I much prefer Kirby's handling of the situation. You take the talent however and whenever you get it.

If that was the only reason we turned him down, I agree. I get trying to make offers mean something but that is not the way to do it. Think a 17-18 year old kid in Miami is looking at a UM and OSU hat on the table and thinks "well if I commit to OSU and flame out, I won't be able to transfer back home to UM?" Unlikely.

Now to get a transfer that can help the team, and recruit saying UM is much better than place X, then we have Colbert all over again which the Staff would take in a heartbeat. Spurning the hometown school I am sure plays a factor but not the only factor.

Advertisement
Who cares? Rosier is a gutty kid and we can do worse...and Richt's play calling an job on offense put up some nice overall stats. And I love what Rosier's done for Miami football. But the game isn't played on a stats sheet. In a balanced offense though, Miami needs to do a lot better at QB to win it, at least for now until the talent gets all the way up in the power running game.

This just in people...MALIK ROSIER (who will forever be THE MAN) for his performance vs. FSU cannot hit the broad side of a barn!
He hit the side of the barn that mattered ending a horrendous losing steak vs our most hated rival and I’m thankful for that

Advertisement
If it was a sick family member he had other options 5-6 hours closer to the sick family member.

That’s what he kept saying. USF and UCF are all closer but he chose gates...

Last edited:
From a real time standpoint, he is closer to home in Columbus than Gainesville. 5 hour drive vs 2:35 flight time to Lauderdale.

You're right. He gets a call, things aren't good with his family member, no problem and he's there right in around three hours.

In the real world, you don't just hop on a plane and you're there. You have the time to get there, hope you can catch a flight as they tend to be full most of the time, costs a small fortune for short notice, and it isn't a direct flight. Say you get the call in the evening, then what? Saying what you did, that isn't reality. It's a flight time, it doesn't take into account anything else whatsoever.

Now, let's "just assume" it's something like cancer where the person in question is getting chemo, radiation, both, or even actively dying. He's in a better spot now than he was in Columbus for various reasons.

I love how people are so opinionated about **** when they don't have a clue what's going on with the guy or his family. It is legit, but believe whatever you all want and if his family wanted what is a family matter out in public, they would put it out there.

To the guy above, who in their right mind is going to go to FAU? Last Chance U 2 and who is to say Kiffen is there much longer? Urban did everything he could to keep him so it's interesting to hear people label him a *****, but my guess is they're the real ***** here.

Wish we had got him, but we didn't. Hightower and him are similar, so it is what it is.

Maybe we should get back on track with this thread.

Advertisement
I used to smash a chick just North of Gainesville. It's a closer drive than y'all are making it out to be.

Anyway, I'm thinking Jatmrren might be the key to Haselwood.

Advertisement
Per Rivals...

He said, "All the SEC schools want me to visit July 28, but I am going to Miami."

That is from Jadon Haselwood, the five-star WR that is committed to Georgia.

Get this thread back on track. Kid is not impressed with money bags and the ancient offenses of the SEC. A class of Payton and Haselwood is pretty good iyam...

Advertisement
Back