Jadon Haselwood

Turning down Grimes was convenient considering how stacked we are at WR. I think if it was a 5 star LT or DE it might be a different story.

Just for the record, I’m in favor of bringing in talent no matter what way they come in. If it’s some borderline player then you tell them sorry you had your chance.

I''m not in favor of bringing in talent, unless that talent is so head and shoulders above our guys. Otherwise, you're delaying the development of the talent we have, and taking up a roster spot. Grimes did not show he was better than what we have.

Advertisement
From a loyal fan stand point I understand your take. I just find it old school thinking. Kids are different. You need to adapt and relate to them.

If a guy like Grimes was on the roster and able to talk to a fellow STA alumni in Battle and explain to him how much better life is in miami than Ohio, or how the staff in Ohio was full of sh*t. It could actually help recruiting.

But the main question to any fan should be is the kid going make our team better? And I find it hard to believe that a 5 star wouldn't.
This

From a loyal fan stand point I understand your take. I just find it old school thinking. Kids are different. You need to adapt and relate to them.

If a guy like Grimes was on the roster and able to talk to a fellow STA alumni in Battle and explain to him how much better life is in miami than Ohio, or how the staff in Ohio was full of sh*t.

But the main question to any fan should be is the kid going make our team better? And I find it hard to believe that a 5 star wouldn't.

It has little to do with me being a "loyal fan", but more to understand the chemistry of the team and the culture of South Florida football. Grimes can tell him that life is better in Miami and not to make the same mistake he did or else he'll have to go to Florida.

I don't know that Grimes would come here and make a difference on the field, but it certainly wouldn't do anything to make the Miami scholarship mean something again, which is what Richt is trying to accomplish. We're obviously ok with getting transfers when we know they can help, but he's trying to make a point with these South Florida divas, and I think they'll at least start opening their eyes when they see their fellow divas not getting another opportunity here.

If grimes would've helped recruit so much he would've considered florida and not be committed to ohiostate
That’s not a good argument because battle was not considering Fl. Atleast not seriously I don’t think. Had grimes been at Miami, the other school battle was (is) looking at, he could give him information about his experience with both schools. Thanks for your opinion though. None of this matters anyways at this point.

Advertisement
It has little to do with me being a "loyal fan", but more to understand the chemistry of the team and the culture of South Florida football. Grimes can tell him that life is better in Miami and not to make the same mistake he did or else he'll have to go to Florida.

I don't know that Grimes would come here and make a difference on the field, but it certainly wouldn't do anything to make the Miami scholarship mean something again, which is what Richt is trying to accomplish. We're obviously ok with getting transfers when we know they can help, but he's trying to make a point with these South Florida divas, and I think they'll at least start opening their eyes when they see their fellow divas not getting another opportunity here.

The best way to make a scholarship mean more is by winning.

We've already reduced dramatically the amount of scholarships we hand out. The offer is becoming valuable again.

I understand your point, but I respectfully disagree. We should be willing to take a kid back if he going to make us better on and off the field.

The best way to make a scholarship mean more is by winning.

We've already reduced dramatically the amount of scholarships we hand out. The offer is becoming valuable again.

I understand your point, but I respectfully disagree. We should be willing to take a kid back if he going to make us better on and off the field.

I agree we should take someone who's guaranteed to improve the team, but I don't agree that we take every potentially cancerous player just because he has stars.

If a guy like Grimes was on the roster and able to talk to a fellow STA alumni in Battle and explain to him how much better life is in miami than Ohio, or how the staff in Ohio was full of sh*t. It could actually help recruiting.

Preach.

Dude transferred because he couldn’t handle the competiton at ohio state ... you can stay your *** in uf lol especially with our wr room... if it’s a 5 star dline or o line that’s a different story

Advertisement
I agree we should take someone who's guaranteed to improve the team, but I don't agree that we take every potentially cancerous player just because he has stars.

Lol you don't agree with me that we should take cancerous players? I'm not sure where in my posts I gave you the impression that I think we should.

Dude transferred because he couldn’t handle the competiton at ohio state ... you can stay your *** in uf lol especially with our wr room... if it’s a 5 star dline or o line that’s a different story

He tried to transfer to the deepest wide receiver group in the country. Ours.

Some of the posts on here I just don't understand.

He tried to transfer to the deepest wide receiver group in the country. Ours.

Some of the posts on here I just don't understand.
Yea I’m sure he transferred from Ohio state cause he was home sick lol just to go to uf which is so close to home

Lol you don't agree with me that we should take cancerous players? I'm not sure where in my posts I gave you the impression that I think we should.

Taking someone like Grimes is potentially cancerous to the culture Richt is trying to create. You guys just want him because of his stars. I'm glad Richt is the one making the decisions.

Advertisement

He transferred because he had an ill family member back in Florida ..

Advertisement
So are you saying it’s 100% false & there’s absolutely no way that can be true? Every kid that transfers it’s automatically b/c he runs from comp?
Yes I know this from kids I played with he was pampered at st Thomas and got shook at Ohio state

Buddy of mine coached at a prominent high school in Broward. I asked him about Grimes back when the possible transfer was occurring and he along with any coach that had any opinion of the kid (including a couple from STA) said the kid is not UM material and is not the type of teammate you want in that locker room. Said he’s straight up pwssy.

Advertisement
Back