Jadon Haselwood decommits from Georgia

Advertisement
I said my concern is speed....

That means I believe he's elite in every other category.

Do I think he's the 3rd best player in the country? No.

Do I think he's a 5* player? Yes.

It's okay to have questions about someone's game. There's nothing wrong with that. I personally feel like he'd be an exceptional FS/CB. I also think he has just as high of an upside at WR.

It's okay to have questions about someone's game. There's nothing wrong with that. I personally feel like he'd be an exceptional FS/CB. I also think he has just as high of an upside at WR.
His speed is more than fine especially for a guy who is 6’3 200. He also runs track too

Last edited:
Totally agree. And I don't see him as being Julio Jones. Jones is most definitely a physical freak. I think Haselwood will be great though but just in a different way. His hands are ridiculous, and he has bigtime body control. Honestly and I know some are probably going to lose their mind, but when he fills out I can see him being like Chris Carter with a little more speed.

Agree. Keenan Allen is what I see with him.

Advertisement
I've said in the past that I wanted him to wait until the end and commit to keep down the hometown pressure. However with all of his social media moves, he might as well go ahead and make the plunge now. To not do so is definitely fishy Chise.
Just smells like he’s trying to get everyone to assume he’s going to UM. These social media savvy kids are all about fcking with people.

They don’t have to be bad kids or trying to stick it to Rick. Some of them just get a kick out of manipulating people who study their social media accounts looking to play detective.

If he’s so legit hardcore UM and doesn’t just commit then maybe he’s just fcking with the social media detectives or just likes us and our gear but is holding out for the best “deal.”

Just smells like he’s trying to get everyone to assume he’s going to UM. These social media savvy kids are all about fcking with people.

They don’t have to be bad kids or trying to stick it to Rick. Some of them just get a kick out of manipulating people who study their social media accounts looking to play detective.

If he’s so legit hardcore UM and doesn’t just commit then maybe he’s just fcking with the social media detectives or just likes us and our gear but is holding out for the best “deal.”
Looking to deep into this, everyone here really. Kid isn’t trying to get people to buy into anything he’s doing, he just happens to be the #1 WR recruit and #3 player in the Nation doing it, had he been a 3 Star who decommited from UGA entertaining Miami no one would care, but this kid is being dubbed a generational talent, everyone is watching his next move, plus Miami, OU and UGA fanbases are overly passionate, my guess is that this kid is just going through the recruiting process, he likes what he sees from UM and he’s showing a lot of love, as long as we do our part on the field and keep recruiting and showing him love, he should be ours. he can commit tomorrow or he can commit February or anywhere in between, not every recruit has a conniving scheme against Richt and Miami.

Let me drop a truth bomb on you.

Kid favoring Miami= 5* perfect prospect no concerns allowed to be voiced.

Kid favoring other school= Overrated, slow, weak competition, not a dog, etc.

Hes a five star at both WR and DB but hes definitely a top 3-5 player in the country at receiver. Im not understanding what about his tape turns u off.

Advertisement
Let me drop a truth bomb on you.

Kid favoring Miami= 5* perfect prospect no concerns allowed to be voiced.

Kid favoring other school= Overrated, slow, weak competition, not a dog, etc.
I dont get where yall dudes are getting this from. Kid was considered a top player in the country for months...

I dont get where yall dudes are getting this from. Kid was considered a top player in the country for months...

I took his comment as a “generality” in terms of how we react to our recruits vs others... with that being said, Haselwood has been a top 5 prospect in this class for over a year.

The comments about his speed are laughable, he’s been clocked at 4.5 in the forty and 4.25 in the short shuttle.

To be honest social media kind of shows where a recruit may go. For example, Josh Jobe's twitter started becoming pro-Bama and we know what happen there. Then, TC started flooding his twitter with Georgia pics from his OV, none with us. So, lets see whst happens with Jadon.

Advertisement
To be honest social media kind of shows where a recruit may go. For example, Josh Jobe's twitter started becoming pro-Bama and we know what happen there. Then, TC started flooding his twitter with Georgia pics from his OV, none with us. So, lets see whst happens with Jadon.
I have always said it does but only when the player is about to commit. If you know he about to pop then the team he shows most love to is telling. However if hes still far away from committing then that team may change in as little as a day.

Looking to deep into this, everyone here really. Kid isn’t trying to get people to buy into anything he’s doing, he just happens to be the #1 WR recruit and #3 player in the Nation doing it, had he been a 3 Star who decommited from UGA entertaining Miami no one would care, but this kid is being dubbed a generational talent, everyone is watching his next move, plus Miami, OU and UGA fanbases are overly passionate, my guess is that this kid is just going through the recruiting process, he likes what he sees from UM and he’s showing a lot of love, as long as we do our part on the field and keep recruiting and showing him love, he should be ours. he can commit tomorrow or he can commit February or anywhere in between, not every recruit has a conniving scheme against Richt and Miami.
How are you so certain what he’s doing? He could be doing what you’re guessing, and he could be doing anything else.

How are you so certain what he’s doing? He could be doing what you’re guessing, and he could be doing anything else.
I’m not which is why I say it’s “my guess”, but I majored in psychology in college. After hearing this kid talk in a few interviews, and seeing his body language & demeanor. He seems mature beyond his age, and after listening to how he describes his interest in other schools compared to us, you can tell he’s generally interested in us both on the field and beyond football and last week game emphasized that with all of our Alumni on the sidelines ...like I’ve been saying for months, I don’t the see #1 WR in the Nation trolling us or using us for leverage... nor have we done anything in the past that would resort him into doing that, he wouldn’t/shouldn’t entertain us if he was really trolling or bag hunting

Advertisement
I’m not which is why I say it’s “my guess”, but I majored in psychology in college. After hearing this kid talk in a few interviews, and seeing his body language & demeanor. He seems mature beyond his age, and after listening to how he describes his interest in other schools compared to us, you can tell he’s generally interested in us both on the field and beyond football and last week game emphasized that with all of our Alumni on the sidelines ...like I’ve been saying for months, I don’t the see #1 WR in the Nation trolling us or using us for leverage... nor have we done anything in the past that would resort him into doing that, he wouldn’t/shouldn’t entertain us if he was really trolling or bag hunting

Yes, you did say "my guess", but that was in the middle of a 110+ word sentence. Use a **** period here and there frickin psych major.

I personally need Instagram photos of the back of the kid's head before I make any assumptions, Chise.

If it looks like he's been hit repeatedly with a fire hose then he's actually all Miami. It'll mean that Donk Dugans slapped the kid in the head multiple times with his 18in 3rd leg until the kid decommitted from Georgia and gave Donk a real solid verbal.

Advertisement
Back