Jadon Haselwood decommits from Georgia

Man **** speed. I have watched a bunch of this kid and no one can leap with him!! This is a 50/50 ball monster that turns those situations into a LEGIT 80/20 in his favor. Look at what we have done in the red zone this year with cager.... this is cager on steroids with a boner the size of shaq's left arm. This kid will benefit from coming here and we will benefit from having him. E L I T E.... talking bout "oh he lacks speed" should straight up get you banned for not knowing ****.

Advertisement
Julio is a once in 10 year talent. Guy is a cyborg. Haselwood gets nasty separation, runs very crisp routes for a high school kid. And has glue hands.

The kid is sticking it to someone and we're the shank he's using. We've heard speculation as to what he wants out of it, but none of us really know.

Been following this annual ****show long enough to know the drill and at this point, it is the worst kept secret in all of recruiting.

He is in the commit, shut it down and get a new number zone a la Ambassador Lingard. Top WR target in the country is a lot of leverage.

I think bags has been a factor in losing these young kids. Most of these kids do not remember the Canes of 2001, or the 1990s. Shapiro was reported to have spent $2 million from 2002 to 2010 boosting Miami sports—primarily football. 2011 Shapiro made good on the revelations exposing a lack of NCAA-mandated institutional oversight at the university. Look at the players that came thru the U during that period. I'm a Cane and hate to state facts, but, we cannot compete with the Alabadags, UGAs, UFAGs, when dealing the Bags. There is and always has been a microscope on this program. What Richt has done without the help of Filthy Rich Alum and boosters is worthy every game we have won or recruit we put in the NFL.

We just built an IPF that was a $40M project

Advertisement
I think bags has been a factor in losing these young kids. Most of these kids do not remember the Canes of 2001, or the 1990s. Shapiro was reported to have spent $2 million from 2002 to 2010 boosting Miami sports—primarily football. 2011 Shapiro made good on the revelations exposing a lack of NCAA-mandated institutional oversight at the university. Look at the players that came thru the U during that period. I'm a Cane and hate to state facts, but, we cannot compete with the Alabadags, UGAs, UFAGs, when dealing the Bags. There is and always has been a microscope on this program. What Richt has done without the help of Filthy Rich Alum and boosters is worthy every game we have won or recruit we put in the NFL.
They are 100% a factor but too many are using them as a crutch whenever we actually get out recruited. Correct me if Im wrong but in the last decade there has been a number of stellar years in SFLA, 08, 10, 14 and 18. Believe 20 is gonna be up there as well and I may have missed a few. When Randy was on his honeymoon here, he locked down SFLA, it wasn't until kids and families discovered he was Radio that things started to fall apart. In 14 we start the 2013 season out 7-0 and were having a huge recruiting cycle. Than we lost 4 of the last 6 by at least 17, and it all fell apart again. We fell apart in 18 also at the end but lucky that there was an early signing period. Point being that while bags are real and a real factor, we can still and have recruited well despite of them when the factors are right and in the last decade those have been a competent coach in Richt and excitement around a new HC in Randy.

Now you bring up that ***** Nevin, but if I remember correctly most of his money went to kids after they signed and not prior. I could be wrong on that but thats what I recall. All in all bags will always be factor and we can't compete there against the Bamas and UGAs of the world, but we also have a bunch of built in advantages that when taken of advantage of will mitigate the effect of those bags. Funny how we are now 5-1 and there is excitement of a new freshman QB that our recruiting is experience a major uptick.

Advertisement
Yall keep using bags as an excuse. Imma use accountability and ability or lack there off always. No excuses the playing fields are a lot closer than what yall make them out to be

Not like that either. We go as far as our locals go. If our locals are very good we can crack top 5 but these days we not like Bama that recruits the whole country effectively.

Our locals play huge part and usually have enough talent down here alone to consistently be in the top 5 or 10, but you're way off if you think we didn't recruit OOS kids effectively during our hay day.

Advertisement
They are 100% a factor but too many are using them as a crutch whenever we actually get out recruited. Correct me if Im wrong but in the last decade there has been a number of stellar years in SFLA, 08, 10, 14 and 18. Believe 20 is gonna be up there as well and I may have missed a few. When Randy was on his honeymoon here, he locked down SFLA, it wasn't until kids and families discovered he was Radio that things started to fall apart. In 14 we start the 2013 season out 7-0 and were having a huge recruiting cycle. Than we lost 4 of the last 6 by at least 17, and it all fell apart again. We fell apart in 18 also at the end but lucky that there was an early signing period. Point being that while bags are real and a real factor, we can still and have recruited well despite of them when the factors are right and in the last decade those have been a competent coach in Richt and excitement around a new HC in Randy.

Now you bring up that ***** Nevin, but if I remember correctly most of his money went to kids after they signed and not prior. I could be wrong on that but thats what I recall. All in all bags will always be factor and we can't compete there against the Bamas and UGAs of the world, but we also have a bunch of built in advantages that when taken of advantage of will mitigate the effect of those bags. Funny how we are now 5-1 and there is excitement of a new freshman QB that our recruiting is experience a major uptick.
Your right about a competent coach, and excitement around a new HC and the way the program is going. If I remember about the Shapiro findings I think that recruits were taken to clubs and his boat, may be wrong but do I think I'm right. Not to be a homer, but, the Chain brings a lot to the dance, these kids love the chain, and so do the fans and the current players.

Its hard to compete with Bags and NCs when you are a small private college with the NCAA / ESPN and other programs always watching what you do and say. Richt brings honesty, integrity and a background of winning to this program that we haven't had in yrs. Hope kids see this.

"****, yeah, I recruited a lot of kids for Miami," Shapiro told Yahoo! Sports. "With access to the clubs, access to the strip joints. My house. My boat. We're talking about high school football players. Not anybody can just get into the clubs or strip joints. Who is going to pay for it and make it happen? That was me."

The story cited specifics involving only Armstrong, Dye and Vernon, alleging they received extra benefits as recruits. Shapiro said he worked in concert with several former Miami assistant coaches during the recruiting process.

Last edited:
Our locals play huge part and usually have enough talent down here alone to consistently be in the top 5 or 10, but you're way off if you think we didn't recruit OOS kids effectively during our hay day.
" During our hay day " many many years ago. Which is exactly why I said "these days". Miami is pretty far from everywhere else and we always gonna have to depend mostly on local talent and local talent will usually determine where we rank. We will grab some OOS but we will depend mostly on in state kids.

Advertisement
Let's not turn this into a Cager thread. Cager isn't very good. He drops every other well thrown ball and doesn't even try for difficult catches. He could've easily cost us the game this past weekend. Don't even start with well he caught TD's either. He dropped 2 TD catches and another for a 1st down. 2 years in a row he's sucked against our biggest rival. It's time to see more Pope, Hightower, and Wiggins. Haselwood will play immediately next season. Anyone here that thinks otherwise is crazy.
"Lets not turn this into a Cager thread" *immediately proceeds to make an entire post about Cager in said thread*

Dude loves his Miami gear

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181012-095248.png
    Screenshot_20181012-095248.png
    759.6 KB · Views: 149
Advertisement
Back