Jadon Haselwood decommits from Georgia

Advertisement
https://www.dawgnation.com/football...ar-wr-jadon-haselwood-reopens-his-recruitment

Miami will be a strong contender for Haselwood going forward
Miami will be the school that he will officially visit this weekend. That program with former coach Mark Richt will have a strong lure to him.
He’s already visited over the summer. Richt’s big selling point is the offense that put A.J. Green into the NFL. It is no secret that Haselwood draws a lot of comparisons to Green.
So that pitch will naturally have an impact on him.
The 5-star WR is also a very physical player. He could really be a 5-star safety in this class if that is what he wanted to do. But he has a natural gift for getting open and flashing the body control to go up and get a football locked in step with the nation’s top cornerbacks.

Wow Auburn and not Oklahoma is the real threat...Auburn is losing their qb and they don’t really throw the ball right? I haven’t watched any of their games this year.

Advertisement
Why now??? I want to be able to sleep this week. Now I have to stay awake until Monday so I don’t miss anything

This kid could commit to us Monday and I still wouldn’t feel comfortable lol. He is too **** good. UGA and AU won’t stop courting him until that pen hits the paper. It will be a battle regardless but this is obviously a huge development in our favor. N’Kosi has to show the kid something this weekend...
Would you feel better if he committed to us on Tuesday?

I believe Auburn is only in it because he has friends going there. However they also don’t throw the ball and this kid is all business. I like our chances.

From OU’s boadd
After posting this he adds that Miami and Auburn will be tough to beat.

--- So, earlier tonight five-star Ellenwood (GA) Cedar Grove wide receiver, Jadon Haselwood, announced that he was decommitting from Georgia via Twitter.
I spoke with his father, Jeremy, tonight about where Haselwood was in his recruitment and if OU still has a chance. Haselwood's father told me OU was still there saying, "Yeah. Jadon is still liking OU,but there is several teams he likes."
The other question is if Jadon will visit OU again? Jeremy stated that time is an issue saying, "I don't know that he gets back to OU because of time, but he knows a lot about OU and still talks with coach Simmons."
A timetable for a final decision is unsure. Besides OU there are other schools, but the family has to sit down and discuss it all, "He is still weighing his options and taking it pretty serious, at this point." Jeremy added, "Jadon has four more officials left, so we will see how it plays out."
Haselwood is the one player, at WR position, that OU would take in a heartbeat with minimal scholarships left in the 2019 class in my opinion.
I will talk with sources in the coming days, but wanted to get this quick update on a situation that NO ONE saw coming this early in the process. What I mean by that is there was always rumors and hints that this was possible, but not something I can dive into until signing day is over.
As stated above, I will continue to dig and talk with sources and see where OU stands with how they want to go about this new situation with Haselwood......

Advertisement
From OU’s boadd
After posting this he adds that Miami and Auburn will be tough to beat.

--- So, earlier tonight five-star Ellenwood (GA) Cedar Grove wide receiver, Jadon Haselwood, announced that he was decommitting from Georgia via Twitter.
I spoke with his father, Jeremy, tonight about where Haselwood was in his recruitment and if OU still has a chance. Haselwood's father told me OU was still there saying, "Yeah. Jadon is still liking OU,but there is several teams he likes."
The other question is if Jadon will visit OU again? Jeremy stated that time is an issue saying, "I don't know that he gets back to OU because of time, but he knows a lot about OU and still talks with coach Simmons."
A timetable for a final decision is unsure. Besides OU there are other schools, but the family has to sit down and discuss it all, "He is still weighing his options and taking it pretty serious, at this point." Jeremy added, "Jadon has four more officials left, so we will see how it plays out."
Haselwood is the one player, at WR position, that OU would take in a heartbeat with minimal scholarships left in the 2019 class in my opinion.
I will talk with sources in the coming days, but wanted to get this quick update on a situation that NO ONE saw coming this early in the process. What I mean by that is there was always rumors and hints that this was possible, but not something I can dive into until signing day is over.
As stated above, I will continue to dig and talk with sources and see where OU stands with how they want to go about this new situation with Haselwood......
Ivins does not seem to think OU is much of a threat and he seems to have a well connected source here as he was tipped about this weeks ago.

As I’ve said, wood will be drawn and the pants will be off for weeks if Miami gets him and Richards stays another year and no one else leaves. Probably be the best WR core in the country.

Advertisement
Just winning against FSU isn’t enough, we need to do what we did against ND and VT last year by putting on a show. This is a huge weekend for Miami they need to go all out.

Advertisement
1EE4607C-B1FC-43B2-A696-396229CF2AC5.gif

Advertisement
Back