Jadon Haselwood decommits from Georgia

Advertisement
Kids know that when Miami gets in the mix the big bags come out. The easiest way to get a fatter bag is start flirting with Miami.

Isn't the bag game M.O. that players get half upfront and the other half after signing the LOI?!? Maybe kid is fattening up the cash advance bag then signing with UM. I mean, what is some honky tonk booster going to do?! report himself to the NCAA?!?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Isn't the bag game M.O. that players get half upfront and the other half after signing the LOI?!? Maybe kid is fattening up the cash advance bag then signing with UM. I mean, what is some honky tonk booster going to do?! reported himself to the NCAA?!?

Plus they also get a lot of little cash amounts at every visit. A few hundred here a few hundred there. Yup, exactly. Who is going to get in more trouble? The multi millionaire 50 year old or the 17 year old kid? The kid would get a slap on the wrist and the program would get screwed if they self reported a violation like that.

Advertisement
I hear some VERY close people in his camp do NOT like Kirby at all. His ****iness is at an all time high. Similar to Kevin Harris family eliminating Georgia for that reason. I honestly don't see him going to Auburn or Oklahoma. Oklahoma got a bunch of Wrs in the class and Auburn is a run first program like Georgia.

He comin...

Advertisement
Ivins....

Ellenwood (Ga.) Cedar Grove’s Jadon Haselwood backed off almost a two-year pledge to Georgia late Tuesday night.

I first caught wind that this might happen last week when a well-placed source told me that Haselwood was going to release some news at some point in the near future. That same source is the one who has been told me back in the summer months that the Hurricanes were going to be a player for Haselwood well before the nation's No. 1 wide receiver spent three days in Coral Gables for Mark Richt's annual Paradise Camp.

So what's the word now?

Miami is in a very good spot with Haslewood heading into this weekend's official visit. The Hurricanes have done a nice job of pitching early playing time to the All-American and he knows that true freshmen get on the field at UM – especially on offense – as long as Richt trusts them. Haselwood also apparently likes how Miami throws the ball around and is drawn to the atmosphere and vibe on campus.

I'm not ready to log a 247Sports' Crystal Ball forecast in favor of the Hurricanes, but think that if things go as planned this weekend UM will be considered the team to beat heading into the Early Signing Period.

As for other contenders in the recruitment I continue to hear that Auburn is the biggest threat to Miami and not Oklahoma.

Stay locked to InsideTheU for more VIP recruiting coverage throughout the weekend.

We are a long ways from the days of Brian Monroe lining up at WR fellas.

As many weapons as we already have on the perimeter, this kid boosts us exponentially. Please, we are long overdue to give UGA some payback.

Advertisement
Back