Jadon Haselwood decommits from Georgia

Advertisement
Wonder if he got tired of UGA coaches trying to pull the Sabag move and try to get him to cancel the visit?

Rusty Mansell 43732 posts
6 minutes agovia MobileVIP
Honestly does not surprise me.
Did have a good visit with UGA this weekend and met with KS and staff. Felt better on UGA keeping him after that.
But...
This one has been up and down behind the scenes for a while and that is no secret.
Miami and Auburn are definitely two teams to watch. Do believe UGA is still in it. Probably going to come down to NSD type deal imo..”

Why any WR would want to play for Auburn blows my mind.

Wow, this is big. I hope the coaches can close the deal starting this weekend. We are still up against Auburn, Oklahoma, and Ga not going to give up. I'm sure that other teams will jump into the race. And let's not forget what most of the posters on here love to bring up, the "bag game" is real and the price has risen if you want to focus on that.

If he chooses with his heart I think he'll be a Cane. I've thought that since he stated interest. The excitement in following recruiting... This is why us fans should never think that anyone is a lock to commit or bounce. If the coaching staff can pull this off we will close well with this recruiting class.

#BigFacts

Advertisement
Rusty Mansell 43732 posts
6 minutes agovia MobileVIP
Honestly does not surprise me.
Did have a good visit with UGA this weekend and met with KS and staff. Felt better on UGA keeping him after that.
But...
This one has been up and down behind the scenes for a while and that is no secret.
Miami and Auburn are definitely two teams to watch. Do believe UGA is still in it. Probably going to come down to NSD type deal imo..”

Why any WR would want to play for Auburn blows my mind.

Seriously. All they do is throw screens and curls.

Clemson ain’t much better.

Advertisement
He fell in love with Miami. A lot of people do. He loves the swag he loves the offense and he loves the city most of all. OU is our competition because of his parents but I think we are in a good spot if we win.
Watch his camp work outs, & you'll see kid is a sh*t talker, so yeah, he might feel that Miami vibe.

He fell in love with Miami. A lot of people do. He loves the swag he loves the offense and he loves the city most of all. OU is our competition because of his parents but I think we are in a good spot if we win.

I’ve thought his heart was with Miami for a long time. Just wondering on timing of decommit. He could have visited without decommiting, I’m thinking they ****ed him off, or gave him an ultimatum.

I feel like he could commit following this weekend if it goes well. No sauces just a feeling. The timing would just work out well but if not im sure it will come down to a NSD type deal

https://www.dawgnation.com/football...selwood-discusses-his-backup-plans-beyond-uga

From 2 months ago:

“I still do not think a school has shown me anything better than Georgia,” he said. “Aside from maybe Miami and that pro-style offense they ran for A.J. Green when he was at Georgia.”

“I feel I click with both of them now,” Haselwood said. “When I threw with Jarren, he was throwing it right

Some coaches and their tactics are wearing on him. Even one of his top schools that he still calls his “backup plans” to UGA.
“Sometimes I feel like a lot of those messages are copied and pasted,” he said. “I know they are. I’m not even going to say they are not. I know that. They send those things to everyone on their recruiting list instead of having a genuine conversation. The schools I do talk to come with a genuine conversation. Not paragraphs.”
“They ask me how I am and actually want to Facetime me and call me. … They take time out of their day to speak to me right then and then they look me in the eye so they know who I am a little bit.”

CMR and Dugans definitely not the copy paste types.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think this is an example of how important it is to get kids to paradise camp. When a recruit comes you either love it or hate it and the more you get to come the more you get that will love it and become interested. Hasslewood came here fell in love and now we are in the drivers seat.

Goodnight.
8D03B40B-6117-4D14-9387-8E87872E2284.jpeg

Advertisement
This kid could commit to us Monday and I still wouldn’t feel comfortable lol. He is too **** good. UGA and AU won’t stop courting him until that pen hits the paper. It will be a battle regardless but this is obviously a huge development in our favor. N’Kosi has to show the kid something this weekend...

Advertisement
Back