Jaden Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only wanted to take one small CB, right?
And it came down to Couch versus Davis?

Advertisement
Lincon Riley is an excellent coach and excellent recruiter. He is recruiting better than bob stoops ever has lately
I don't know about that man. Stoops got some OOS BIG FISH like Adrian Peterson and Joe Mixon. Riley has a loooong way to go before he gets on Stoops level recruiting wise.

Coaching wise, he's almost there seeing as he's already shown a penchant of losing big games he should've won, like the UGA game.

I don't know about that man. Stoops got some OOS BIG FISH like Adrian Peterson and Joe Mixon. Riley has a loooong way to go before he gets on Stoops level recruiting wise.

Coaching wise, he's almost there seeing as he's already shown a penchant of losing big games he should've won, like the UGA game.
Lincoln Riley played a role in getting mixon. Getting Peterson was great but it just seems like Riley is taking Oklahoma to another level recruiting wise

Advertisement
If he had the most potential why didn’t the coaches who are former NFL stars start him over davis?
I heard they needed him more as a safety last year and Davis was good enough to be the starting cb.
Also blades is way more physical and ready weight wise for d1.

So the staff had/has 0 interest in the kids that started over Blades and Cam Davis as underclassman. Beyond puzzling

I heard they needed him more as a safety last year and Davis was good enough to be the starting cb.

Naw. Davis has better feet than Blades. St Thomas was loaded at safety. They are a team with alot of div 1 bodies, Blades subbed in. They may have had 5 or 6 div 1 guys in their secondary

Advertisement
Lincoln Riley played a role in getting mixon. Getting Peterson was great but it just seems like Riley is taking Oklahoma to another level recruiting wise
Nah man. I dont think Riley was there for Mixons recruitment. He was in Carolina. I think that was Mike Gundys lil bro who put the work in for Mixon.

I'm a Riley fan, but I'm not ready to crown him yet. Let's see what he does w his own players and evals.

Nah...Davis took Al's spot half way into Al's junior year and never gave it back. Nevertheless...I still love Al Blades and really believe Coach Rumph will do great things with him. I've seen him by very dynamic at Safety (albeit 7on7) but I'm not sure he likes that position.

Advertisement
Then you know better

In this case not pushing for Davis is a mistake based on talent and need alone. He’s not a project like these others. Add that to the fact that it doesn’t help letting a wolf in the hen house. It’s not smart business any way you look at it.

But he didn’t play safety at all they had troutman and some other kid play over him there

Advertisement
Nah man. I dont think Riley was there for Mixons recruitment. He was in Carolina. I think that was Mike Gundys lil bro who put the work in for Mixon.

I'm a Riley fan, but I'm not ready to crown him yet. Let's see what he does w his own players and evals.
Riley is absolutely recruiting at a higher level than Stoops did. I was actually just talking about this in the WEZ recently.

Between 2012 and 2017 Oklahoma's recruiting classes were somewhere between 12 and 16 or so. Last year (2018 class) they had a 9th ranked class and this year they're off to an even hotter start. They have top 100 players committed at QB, WR and TE. Something Riley is doing also that Oklahoma previously didn't do much of was land blue chip players on the defensive side.

In this case not pushing for Davis is a mistake based on talent and need alone. He’s not a project like these others. Add that to the fact that it doesn’t help letting a wolf in the hen house. It’s not smart business any way you look at it.

I feel the same way! If hes good enough for a playoff team he **** sure should be good enough at a position of need an why let Oklahoma come down here an snag the kid hes gonna ball up there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back